Moving can be very difficult and stressful sometimes but of course there are some ways in which you can make things run easier and smoother. Along with searching for a moving company, looking for moving services of a good price, choosing new furniture, cleaning up your old place and etc., you can get advantage of some tips that can make moving easier and less stressful for you. In this article I have included my list of top 11 ways to make moving easy. I hope that my selection will be really useful for you and will ease your moving process.
Ways to Make Moving Easier
- When it comes to moving, learn everything you can about the moving company you have chosen in advance like for example what are the movers’ costs of services, what are the hidden charges you may have to pay, is the company accredited, check out some reviews as well. Here you can read more on how to avoid fake ones. Checking on a moving company before hiring it will give you time and the opportunity to compare the companies and decide which one suits your needs best.
- Request a moving estimate in advance. Ask the moving companies to give you an exact price for your moving and then compare what the price of the different movers will be. You can ask for a written estimate on this link and keep yourself informed in order to further make moving easier. Cost is the main basis for comparison when picking a moving company. You can choose a trustworthy and at the same time cheap mover that can also do a good work for you so compare the price offers you get from moving companies and then make a decision.
- Make a list of things you don’t understand and ask the movers to explain them to you: what documents you will be given to sign on the moving day, how is the price for your moving formed, how much does each service by the moving company cost, etc.
- You can also use MyMove App for your phone free to help you make moving easier by staying organized during the whole moving process. With this application you will have a constant access to the whole moving process directly from your phone!
- When thinking how to make moving easier and less stressful try to stay organized. Keep a list of questions and have another list of things to move – you will need that one for packing.
- Make your inventory list while sifting through the things you want to take to your new home from the old one and start putting everything in boxes and bags right away. This is one of the things to make moving easier as you won’t have to go through all of your items for a second time just for the packing.
- Be smart on boxes. In order to make your moving easier put labels on your boxes. Once you have a sign on every box what it contains when your things are unloaded in your new home you can quickly recognize to which room to bring every box and start unpacking immediately without losing time to move boxes around the house. Also, rent-a-box services make moving easier for some as well. Now you don’t have to buy expensive boxes and packing tape. You can rent plastic boxes from moving companies, use them for your packing and then simply return them. In this way after the moving is over you won’t have a pile of useless costly boxes that you don’t know what to do with any longer. This is one of the tricks you can use also to save money when moving.
- You can make moving easier on dogs and cats, too, by finding them a pet friendly lodging where professionals can take care of them. Dropping them by during moving at your friends or relatives is also a possibility if the animal knows the person where you are taking it to, so it won’t be scared or stressed. You can check at the International Air Transport Association’s website what regulations apply when traveling with a dog or cat. If you are going to move abroad, check at the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service at the United States Department of Agriculture what regulations apply for that as well.
- When planning how to make moving easier on children, you may wish to leave them at your close relatives’ or friends’ home during the packing and moving – in this way they can play and have fun at a safe place and you can focus to do your work. In the meantime try not to be extra harsh on their mischiefs; since you are going to be busy with organizing the moving you may not have for your kids as much time as you really wish so do your best to stay calm and be as gentle with them as you usually are and this will certainly make moving a bit easier for them as well.
- To make moving to your new home easier measure it or have someone do that for you if you can’t. Go to every room and see what size it and its windows are – this will give you an idea as to how and where to position your furniture.
- When planning how to make moving house easier, ask for help. Call your close friends and relatives to help you with packing when moving. Besides doing some work together, you can also have fun!
So, these are our top 11 tips to make moving easier. Is there anything else you would like to know about? You can ask your moving question for free or share it as a comment below.