Today many people will say that nothing comes easy and nothing comes cheap. As much as it’s true for the most part, you can still find cheap and quality services and products. You just need to do your homework and research carefully all your options. When it comes to moving on a budget you should start your research for cheap movers as soon as possible. There are many options for cheap moving services, which you can choose from depending on the type of your move. Some people decide to move by themselves when the size of their move is minimal or moving locally within state, while others prefer to hire a moving company. No matter which option you choose, there are many ways when moving on a budget. Check out our guide on how to save on your moving costs here.
Most of us are moving on a budget today. You can start by filling the free moving quote on the top to receive multiple moving quotes. Saving money is important when moving because you will be dealing with a lot of moving expenses, yet you should focus on the movers that offer the best value for your money. Thus, you have to research the moving company and then choose among all the cheap movers out there. Follow a few basic steps to get your free estimates and find the best value for your money. Finding movers today is easy, but moving cheaply can prove a more difficult task.
Moving on A Budget Tips
- When moving on a tight budget you should take care of part of the moving by yourself. Get your inventory and then get rid of the overload. Then start your search for cheap movers. Here is more information if you decide to do a self moving.
- Find used moving boxes and pack most of your belongings yourself. You should leave only the big pieces of furniture for the movers. This will help your moving cheaply.
- If you don’t want to hire a moving company, no matter how cheap the movers, you can research to rent a moving truck. This way you can provide yourself with cheap moving services by doing 100 percent of the job.
- Move in the off peak season late autumn, the winter or in the early spring. Read more about moving in the off peak season.
- Cheap moving services will require great organization so you will definitely need to create a moving checklist. You can use our ready to print moving checklist that will help you stay organized whether you are moving across country or across the street.
- Keep in mind, a cross country moving on a budget will be hard to execute by yourself. In this case, you will definitely have to consider hiring a cheaper moving company. Moving cheaply across country could be a challenge to organize, but it is not impossible. Read our resource section for more moving tips.
- When the type of moving is clear, and you have done the first major steps – getting rid of things and getting estimates – it is time to focus your attention on the details. As people say the devil is in details.
Moving Cheaply Steps
- Cheap moving services don’t come easy. So, get your boxes and start packing at least two weeks before the move.
- Buy packing and wrapping supplies such as tape, plastic, bubble wrap and wrapping paper. You can use all materials at hand you have.
- Call friends and family to help with the packing, moving and loading your belongings.
- Consider the right size moving truck if you are renting. Check the prices carefully, think about the pickup, and drop off locations. Also take a look at our article explaining moving services pricing and how it is formed.
- If you will hire a moving company, still do the first two steps and then get at least three moving quotes. Ask for discounts and specials. Consider moving in off peak season.
- Research the cheap moving companies carefully and choose wisely. Many cheap movers are rouge movers and can only lure you with their cheap rates. Don’t get fooled by the cheap moving estimate. Research the cheap movers by asking for references and reading moving reviews.
- Make sure the cheap moving company you have chosen is licensed and insured. Check with the local moving associations and third entities that rank local movers.
Moving on a budget will require more attention and organization than moving without having a money issue. Thus, make sure you follow the major steps like packing yourself and asking your buddies to help you move and load your households. Then, if you are hiring a cheap moving company take measures to ensure a legit company that will do the job precisely. In this case it is a good idea to focus on finding smaller, local moving companies. Smaller companies have better moving rates and will be your best choice for cheap movers.
Now you can find cheap moving companies that will compete for your move. Just try the moving cost estimator for a detailed moving cost calculation tailored to your move.