We know how stressful moving can be – changing aspects of your lifestyle, jobs and friends is never an easy thing to do.
Fortunately, moving itself does not have to be stressful at all. All you need to do is find a professional moving company to handle your local or interstate east coast move. Regardless of whether you are moving to Florida or to those New Jersey apartments, finding the right east coast mover is a multi-step process that guarantees a smooth moving experience and affordable moving costs.
How to select reliable East Coast Movers
Here is a concise list of the things to look out for when searching for affordable East Coast movers:
- Fill in this free moving price quote to receive written estimates from multiple moving companies. Based on these estimates, you can select the best moving cost quotes under the most reasonable conditions.
- Select two or three moving quotes and contact the corresponding moving companies to inquire if there are any additional charges. Make sure you ask about applicable discounts as well.
- Read the profiles of the selected East Coast moving companies at the US Department of Transportation to see if they are properly licensed and insured.
- Research your movers online by reading moving reviews and ratings left by customers who have used their services.
- Ask the chosen relocation companies for visual in-house estimates for eliminating any unpleasant surprises when seeing the final moving bill.
How to avoid moving scams
When comparing the rates of different moving companies, resist the urge to accept any quotes with unusually low prices as they are usually a sign that you’ve contacted a rouge mover. Such rogue movers typically promise to get the moving job done in a very short period of time, demand cash only payments, answer their company phones simply with “movers” or “moving companies” instead of stating their name, have no corporate website with their DOT number displayed visibly on it, have no branded moving trucks or ask you to sign blank or incomplete documents.
Be smart when choosing a moving company – don’t agree on something you feel uneasy or nervous about. If there is anything you don’t understand (it may be something related to the moving paperwork or the prices or the moving arrangements), ask your future mover for clarification. If their answers seem vague or if they don’t respond to your questions at all, just move on to the next relocation company.
Make sure you have read this practical guide on how to avoid becoming a victim of a scam scheme before selecting the most suitable East Coast mover.
Following the steps above and you will end up with an East coast moving company which you can safely entrust to relocate your precious household belongings.
And one more thing to remember: write a moving review about the quality of your mover’s services. This way, by sharing your moving experiece, you will defintely help other people who are about to relocate. And, at the same time, you will help yourself as well.
Click here to learn all the great benefits of leaving a moving review.
Posted on Apr 6, 2011; Last updated: May 23, 2014