When the moving time approaches you realize that there are many things to do for the preparation of moving day. And one of these things is getting the boxes you will need for packing. This is the main one of all the packing supplies that will help you to make your move. There are several options that most people use to get boxes from and you can also save some money, too at the same time.
Where to Get Boxes for Moving Free – Moving Sale
Organize a moving sale and sell everything you don’t need but still keep. That would make the boxes you have with luggage in free. On the other hand, when thinking where to get boxes to move for free, just go to a moving sale yourself and ask for some. Usually, especially towards the end of the sale day, people just want to end up with as little things put out for sale still as possible so they will most probably be happy to even give away what they don’t need any more. You can check for places that organize moving sales on your local newspaper and in this way save on moving costs as well.
Where to Find Useful Empty Boxes for Moving?
- Ask your friends and family if they have any extra boxes they don’t need and use any longer.
- You can get more boxes for moving at your own home. Think about all the boxes you have at your place left from buying things long time ago that you are not using. Go to your attic, basement, go trough the wardrobes and see what will come out. You can use all that! This is a great option right under your nose. Even shoe boxes and boxes from toys you have kept can be used again since they are made of carton and are sound enough to hold some weight in.
- Check also at the supermarkets. When the products arrive there the people who are working just arrange everything on the shelves and collect the boxes to take them to the garbage. Why not use that? Go to your local supermarkets a few days before you start packing so the people there will have enough time to collect boxes for you. Let them know what you need – how many and approximately what size and go at the day you have arranged with them to pick them up. Even if you get too many boxes – so what? You can always recycle what is left or give it away to whoever may need them.
- If you go to a bookstore or a library ask for the boxes from paper for copying. They can do good job as well.
- When planning where to find boxes for moving online freecycle.org is also a place where you can get them for free.
- You can look around for someone who has just moved out. Ask your friends on your wall in facebook for example and see who will respond. Your friends will surely participate and give your best ideas to help you out on this matter.
- Alcohol stores are another place where you can find boxes for moving for free free. They have dividers inside that are appropriate when moving a wine collection or bottles in general from your home.
Where to Buy Moving Boxes from?
Where to find cardboard boxes for moving? There are a few places where you can purchase those cheaply. One of them is craigslist where you can browse for what you need by searching directly in your area. You could also look for at Wal-mart, Home Depot and again online on ebay.
Where Else Can You Purchase Boxes?
It is always a good tip to try contacting a moving company. Movers offer many services and some of them are packing and packing supplies. If you want to move cheap you could send a quote and ask moving companies what will the price for packing and to have from them the packing supplies you will need. Since every moving is different in terms of things for shipping prices for packing materials like boxes vary depending on the quantity of them that you need so when planning how to get some boxes ask movers to give you prices and then make a choice. There are many options for places that offer boxes. And also lots of stores online and in your city where you could buy them. I hope that these tips will make your moving easier.
These ideas should really make it much simpler for you to find the boxes you may need for your moving. Want to share some more ideas or thoughts about getting boxes? You can do that as a comment here below.
Posted on Mar 30, 2012; Last updated: May 4, 2012