Moving a household is not a straightforward job that can be completed as easy as we all wish it could. Packing and moving, and every process involved has lots of minor details to ensure of. This is why being aware of the moving hints and tips can alleviate your relocation. Pack up your patience and good mood and begin your moving preparations. Find below our best moving house hints and tips free for your smooth relocation.
House Moving Hints for a Perfect Relocation
- The first of our house moving hints you should know about is how to get ready for the packing process. What we could advise you to do is pack your items little by little – don’t wait until the last moment to begin packing. The earlier you start, the sooner and more timely you’ll finish. Don’t wait until 2 or 3 weeks before moving they as then you may not be able to manage – especially if you have a large house or apartment for relocation. It is not advisable to be late but still if you are – ask movers to pack your items.
- When considering which hints when moving house to use make sure you make an optimum fill up of the moving boxes. If you put too many things the boxes will deform and there’s a risk of a tearing. On the other hand, don’t leave emptinesses in them as then the items will rattle and may break. It is advisable to tape the boxes from the outside and if there is any left space inside to fill it in with small or light objects, or packing paper – according to what is appropriate.
- Make sure to have enough packing supplies at your disposal – get the movers to help you with the quantity if you are hesitating what it should be. They got an inventory list of your belongings and have experience in estimating what quantity of packing materials will be appropriate for certain household goods. Afterwards you may return the packing materials left and will not be charged for it. Still, before requesting such a service from a mover as part of these hints on moving home, ensure that they offer it and inquire what will the costs be. In order to avoid the most common packing mistakes discuss with your mover the option to have your items packed by the company.
- Pour out the gas from garden appliances before packing them. Gas is one of the things not to pack when moving along with other flammable items, corrosives, explosives, etc.
- Amongst the rarely used but helpful moving home hints and tips is to use color markers instead of words to label the boxes – colors are quicker and easier to recognize, words take time to read and colors can immediately direct the movers where to take the moving boxes when unloading.
- Check what moving discounts you can have when moving – a lot of movers offer coupons, senior, military or student discounts. You may even be able to have a cheaper moving if relocating on a weekday during the month. Ask the moving company about this option.
- Think about how to involve the children. You can go on a tour to your future area of relocation so they can see the places where they can play and have fun and get a positive idea about what to expect.
Moving Day Hints
In order to prepare a great relocation take a look at these moving day hints:
- Stack the boxes by the door – this will save time when loading the truck and thus will save you money.
- From our lists with hints when moving house pay special attention to plan how to arrange the truck – heavy things go in first and go at the bottom. When placing furniture that is soft be careful not to put any sharp items directly on it as they can scratch or tear apart the upholstery (metal shelves, stools, garage instruments and etc. – anythings with legs or hard edges). Instead, put packed boxes on couches and other soft furniture by separating them with moving or ordinary blankets for safety reasons.
- Ensure all needed reservations are made. This means that you should have at your disposal an elevator large enough to be used by the movers (otherwise you’d be charged an extra payment per flight of stairs) and also get a parking permit. The walkways, pathways and corridors must be available for the relocation process. If necessary discuss with the neighbors the availability of more parking space on moving day for a certain period of time. More hidden moving fees you can find here.
- Have enough money at your disposal since you will have to pay the movers on the day of unloading your things. Don’t send checks to moving companies without signing anything! This is one of the hints for moving day that everyone should be aware of.
- Amongst all moving home hints and tips we cannot stop but suggest one minor and still important thing: make sure you keep stress away. Focus on the positive aspects of the change that is coming into your life and on all the ways in which it could benefit you.
What other hints on moving home are there? If you have any ideas you can share them as a comment or you can share this article from the bar to the left so others can read these tips, too. Thank you.
Posted on Jul 30, 2012