Moving a home may seem like a tough job but with this article you will find the info that you need to make household shifting smooth. Here you will read some great useful tips for shifting house, our shifting house – checklist for moving and for long distance relocation, and you will find our quotation for household shifting. Follow the instructions bellow and you will make your relocation much better organized and simpler.
Shifting House – Tips
Shifting a house is a big thing to do. Here is our checklist to follow:
- Plan how to pack every room at your home – what packing materials you will need and how much. If you are interested in using a storage prepare for it.
- Then organize how to pack heavy items. Prepare the electronics for moving, make a back up of the files on your computer, empty and defrost the fridge, clean the kitchen appliances for packing, etc.
- If you have taken some books, CDs and DVDs collect them and take them back. Pick up things from the dry-cleaners.
- When shifting of household goods remember to also plan cleaning your home. You can organize it yourself or contact a professional cleaning company to do it.
- Take meter readings of your electricity and water consumption and ask the landlord to come for a final inspection of your home.
Shifting a Household Long Distance Checklist
If you are shifting your household on a long distance there are a few more particular things to do. Here’s our checklist for shifting of household goods:
- For a long distance house shifting you need to contact a new school/ daycare, doctor and dentist.
- Let everyone at your job know you’re moving as soon as you have a plan for a particular date to leave the city (and your job). Search for a job in the new city before you move there.
- Also notify all people and companies that need to know you’re going away like magazines you’re subscribed to, clubs you’re a member of, etc. Contact utility companies like internet, electricity, water, etc. providers. If you are renting let your landlord know in due time – check what your rental contract says about it.
- Make travel arrangement for you and your family. Decide what you will do with your car – will you ship it or will you drive it to your new home. In some long distance moves you may need to consider a hotel as well. If you are shipping your car along with your furniture plan the travel route to your new home – bus, train, plane, etc. and get maps of the local area.
- If you have domestic animals check our article on how to move with pets. If you are shifting your household and want to pick your plants with you you can read about how to do it here. If you don’t want to take all the plants you have find them new homes – talk to colleges, friends and relatives about someone taking one or more of your plants.
- In the meantime remember to talk to your children too. Let them know where you will be going. Moving with your children may be not quote what you’ve expected – they may not like the idea of relocating, leaving their friends behind and all the places they love. Yet, they will count on you for support. You can show them that shifting a household is nothing to worry about. Take your children to a trip in the city you’ll be living in and show them around or explore it together. Take them to places you know they’ll like and let them know they will be able to find friends there; friends with whom to share common interests.
- Before shifting your entire home organize a farewell moving party for your family and friends. If you have smaller children you can make another party for them. They would be so happy to be with their friends!
- Search what the local opportunities are for doing some sports, finding social clubs like choirs, chess club, golf club, dancing club, etc. or places to have fun and go to in the evening.
Shifting House – Quotes
Quotes when shifting a house are a main task to do by every person who is intending on relocating. Collect a minimum of 3 to 5 quotations for household shifting. In this way you will be able to see what the costs of different household shifting services are and what you can expect to pay. You can find the quote for a local and interstate move on this link. When shifting house quotes are a great way also to invite a few moving companies to come to your home for a physical check and a more accurate estimation. Physical surveys allow a moving expert to check all you will be moving and provide what the price for moving is going to be for you. They are preferable because the quotations for household shifting will not be as accurate as the ones made at your home.
Shifting House – Checklist + Tips
Hopefully these tips for shifting house and the shifting house – checklist will help you for your move. Plan everything well and in details and you will surely make a smooth relocation. After your moving is over you can come back to us and share your moving story.
Posted on Feb 14, 2013