Moving an office is not an easy task to do just like almost every relocation job. If moving your company includes also relocating your factory and all the machinery in it you need to pay special attention to that part. If it is just moving the administration of the company you have a much larger choice of removal companies but in this case regular movers won’t do. Moving of heavy machinery requires special equipment, enough manpower and experienced moving labor to handle the job.
Preparing Industrial Machinery Moving
Industrial machinery moving is required in many sectors of the economy – bridges, aerospace, marine, steel, electrical, energy, high-tech, medical, oil, lumber, transportation, etc. You need a moving company with experience in this type of relocation beginning from a small factory with several machines up to a large company with line production. Some heavy machinery movers also offer installation of a few types of machines that you can get advantage of. In order to have a smooth industrial move a few conditions should be supervised. For the success of moving your large machinery here’s what to pay attention to when selecting heavy machinery movers:
- Get a commercial move quote so that you will be able to select the best company offering the services, equipment and experts that you need.
- Require one person to be available for you as a contact person on behalf of the large machinery mover. This will ease the process of your relocation.
- Ask to have a physical survey. Let and expert by the heavy machinery moving company come on spot and make a plan together for the move. Point out the technology that is sensitive or basic for your business and organize the time for the move.
- Professional heavy machinery movers need to be able to offer crating services, machine skates, rigging, hoisting services and cranes and trucks of the proper size and functions. The industrial machinery movers should also be able to provide the professionals to take care of the machinery that is being relocated like electricians, welders, crane operators, riggers, carpenters, etc.
- The moving of heavy machinery requires the relocation company to be completely prepared with what you need. Your equipment will need to be dismantled, packed properly, loaded and transported to its new whereabout. If going to a warehouse the technology can be just unloaded and arranged inside but if going to another production building it will have to be put back together, assembled and ready to work. If you want to use warehousing inform yourself what are the conditions for storage.
- IT and electronic equipment needs to be disconnected and reconnected when the time for it to be used comes.
- Depending on your needs large machinery movers should also be able to provide reliable shipping on land and by air or sea if you are moving internationally.
- All the work needs to be done observing all safety regulations so that your equipment remains intact and the crew is safe during the move. Ask how your heavy machinery will be secured before and during loading and throughout transportation.
- Of course, keep in mind to ask about what insurance applies and at what conditions. If the machinery is expensive you may wish to purchase additional valuation.
In order to get a basic idea of what heavy machinery movers do you can take a look at this video showing one of the technology for moving used – the machine skates:
Heavy Machinery Moving Companies
As you can imagine the job of large machinery movers is not simple at all, it is risky and dangerous for both men and machines. Whether you are looking for heavy machinery moving services in the USA – Chicago, Houston, Boston, etc., or to Canada or the UK, the fact remains that a careful choice must be made. Once the business moving quote is sent professional movers will get back to you and here comes your task to evaluate their professionalism and check what heavy machinery moving services are offered. Look up the USDOT of the industrial machinery moving company and ask to see some testimonials. Alternatively, you can also browse for moving reviews at MyMovingReviews and check what the reputation of the mover is. Heavy machinery moving services need to provide maximum safety for your business so that you can use the period of the relocation to do your work rather than be occupied in the moving process. A large technology mover’s job is to provide the relocation and support you during the time of the move so that the relocation will have a minimum impact on your company’s functioning. After you select the company to move your heavy machinery you can share with us your moving story by writing a review.