As moving becomes a situation you need to go through, what is really important is knowing how to make your inventory moving list. Making a moving house checklist means being prepared with the exact items to take to your new home. How to do it and where to start? This articles will give you a few tips and some guidelines on preparing a good inventory moving list and what to pack when moving.
Moving House Checklist Guide
- Before actually making an inventory moving list, go through every room in your home, the basement, the garage and the attic and your garden, too. See which items you need to take with you. Some things will be thrown out to the garbage, others that will not go into your moving house checklist could be given away to close people near you that could use them, you can donate some things and sell others in a garage sale for example.
- Amongst everything that is left in your home, while going through your belongings, pay attention if there are any that will need special packing so you can make sure you supply them while making your moving house checklist for moving. Have you got antiques or expensive painting to move? You may want to pay special attention on packing your computer or your electronics. Contacting a mover for the answers to these questions would ease up your job of making an inventory moving list; they’ll know what kind of packing is appropriate for any item and they are also aware how to pack it and secure it well so you can be sure you are moving safely with a moving company.
- While making your inventory moving list you can make this job easier for yourself. Now there is a phone app that can help you keep track on the whole moving process! My Move app can considerably alleviate your moving organization – with it you can make a moving house checklist on your phone itself. Also, when you have ideas or questions you will have access to your list immediately and you won’t worry about losing your list as it is not going to be on paper. You can write down not only your inventory moving list, but also the packing you need, contact movers for a free estimate, go through a database with more that 1000 moving companies and many more!
- When considering moving, definitely read more on moving companies. Ask them for a written estimate on your moving. Doing it now is important because it will give you enough time to really check for a reputable moving company. Don’t wait until your inventory moving list is ready – this may not give you the opportunity to really sift through moving companies and pick one near you. Remember to arrange all details like insurance, are you going to purchase your packing supplies from them, are you going to pack yourself or are the movers doing that for you, moving day and date for receiving your belongings at your new home.
- Of course, it also important to plan the cleaning. When you leave your old home to go to a new one a good tip is to make a list of all that needs to be cleaned. That way you an easily prepare yourself with a plan on how to do it and the cleaning materials you will need to buy for your move in – move out cleaning.
Inventory Moving List Template
Start by putting down all the packaging that you will need for you moving house checklist. See how many boxes you will need and of what size, how much packing paper, bubble wrap and bags, remember to also buy stickers to label your boxes and markers to write on them.
Look through the furniture you have on your inventory moving list and think about how it will be positioned in your new home. If possible, go there and see if everything you have will go through the door. If it doesn’t, have in mind that you are going to have to inform your moving company in advance about that. If they are going to need a crane to move a bigger object they would need to know that in advance so once moving day comes they can come prepared.
Once you are ready with your list of packing materials, go through your belongings and start packing the ones that you won’t need to use until you are at your new home. For example, if it is summer, you may decide to put in boxes your winter clothes first. Do the packing of your items from your inventory moving list gradually, don’t wait to do it all in the last minute as this will give you the opportunity to be in time and if you are well organized that can put a lot of stress off of you.
If you have any precious items pay special attention to their packing. While putting all of the items from your moving house checklist in boxes make sure to put on the packing labels signed with markers. Write down the content of the box and for which room it is packed. This way when you have your inventory unloaded you will quickly be able to distribute the room to which each box belongs. In the meantime you might as well want to contact your closest people and give them your new address. Also, don’t forget to go to your post office and declare the change of your address, or you can do that online at http://www.usps.com/ for your convenience.
Is there anything else you would like to know? Give us your questions or make a comment below!