How to move successfully? A relocation depends on many factors. There are a few basic things to do in order to ensure the smooth move that you aspire. Moving is challenging, sometimes difficult and almost always tiresome; and yet with good organization you can finish all right. You can organize a great moving if you know what to do. Learn how to find successful relocation cases and how to make your move successful especially when you are going to a new state.
How to Successfully Move Out Locally & Long Distance
- Prepare your inventory sheet for a good organization. In this way you will be clear on many things – what to throw away and what to keep for moving, how many packing materials to plan and will you be able to handle the relocation by yourself, or will a full move be more efficient in your case.
- Choose your mover wisely. Sure, many companies will try to persuade you but you should have criteria who to select. Check the USDOT of the company, is it an AMSA member and is it BBB accredited. You can learn more about AMSA from its member John Bisney on this link.
- In order to successfully relocate try to contact between 3 and 5 moving companies for estimates. You will get different prices and different attitude. For a successful moving hire the mover that offers an average price and acts professionally over the phone. The movers will ask you for the inventory list which you will be ready with. Based on it they can advise you how much packing materials you’ll need or tell you how much the packing will cost you if they provide it for you and do the packing itself.
- For a successful moving separate an area in your house to do the packing. That should be a place where less people go to, like the corner of a large room or a part of it. Get the packing supplies to this place and begin. In order to successfully relocate you can pack and leave the boxes there.
- Start packing the things you won’t use before the relocation and the most breakable items. If you want to be relocating successfully have in mind that the sooner you begin, the less exhausting you will find the packing. Since you will be having plenty of time you won’t be in a hurry and you will pack well. These packing videos might be of help to your successful moving.
- If you wish to successfully relocate label properly all the boxes. If you don’t want to write words you can spare yourself some time and get colorful markers. Let every color correspond to a room – for example green for the kitchen, blue for the bathroom, purple for the living room, black for the kids’ room, etc. Then use the color of the room to write on the boxes. For example write on the box with coffee mugs with green, label the box with the toys with the black marker, etc.
- The same principle goes true for the unloading – put a colorful sheet of paper by every door in your home with the corresponding room and that will help the movers with finding the right place of every box.
- Before the movers arrive you can spare some time by having ready the cleaning supplies or an appointment with a professional cleaning company to come and do the cleaning.
- For a quicker and more successful moving arrange the things to load by the front door. In this way the movers will load much more quickly and they won’t have to go into the house so there will be less dirt, dust and sand to clean off the floor and walls after the movers are gone with the truck.
- While the movers are in your home don’t leave them there unattended. If you cannot be present yourself on moving day ask a relative or a close friend to be there for you.
- Get food and drinks for the movers – that will give them energy to work quicker thus saving you time and money. Pizza, sandwiches, Chinese, tea, coffee, etc. would do just fine.
Successful Relocation Cases
Successful relocation cases – yes, they are very important. They will convince you and you make you be more positive about you relocating successfully. This means reading reviews. In order to find out about successful relocation cases click here where you will see lists with movers from all over the USA, all you need to do is pick the location. Take a look at the ratings of the companies and the reviews that are written. Look around for successful relocation cases and you will find them. You can also ask for recommendations from people who you know who have recently moved successfully. And last, but not least, if you have moved successfully or even if something went wrong come back and tell us, share your moving story here. Lots of people like you who want to successfully move out will read it and you will help them just like other people’s reviews helped you.
These tips should help you have a great and smooth move. In order to successfully relocate make a good plan – what to do, when and how and stick to it. Be ready to do more than mentioned here – every relocation is unique in some way and needs to be prepared individually. Good luck with your relocation!
Posted on Feb 6, 2013