When it comes to moving safety should be a top priority. Naturally you don’t have much time and you want to finish the whole stressful relocating job faster. Moving is always complex and frustrating. Lots of arrangements need to be done. Be aware that underestimating any step of the moving process, even the minor details, could cost you a fortune at the end. So, if you want to move safely and smoothly:
Find a Safe Moving Company
Nowadays we have the great opportunity to choose from a variety of different relocation companies. All of them are offering full package of excellent moving services. At least, this is how it seems at first sight. I am offering you my ‘moving safely list’ that will help you to narrow the record to find a safe moving company.
- First, check the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration web site and find out if the moving company is licensed. Since The U.S Department of Transportation puts all movers under certain obligations pursuant to its rules and regulations, running a background check is a must do.
- Also, go further. Try to find any other kind of information about the company. Start with family, friends, colleagues, even neighbors. Run a search in internet, read moving company reviews. Once you have found out that a company is a registered one, that doesn’t mean you should give up on researching.
- Finally, you have come to a narrow list of relocating companies, ask for moving estimate quote. Compare the overall moving costs carefully. Of course you want relocating services at affordable prices, but as we already agreed moving safely must be guaranteed. Be cautious.
- Ask questions. The more the better. Ask about the moving company safety solutions. A reputable relocating company should provide you with detailed information about all the safety measures taken during transportation. Require extra wrapping materials, free moving blankets and pads for the furniture and crating if necessary.
- Learn the moving valuation options and the additional moving insurance options provided. Ask about the dispute settlement program and how damages are handled. You better know what the consequences will be in case of any problems in advance.
Why using a safe moving company?
Choosing a reputable safe moving company will save you time and lots of troubles. As these relocating companies employ trained and experienced movers, they can handle the job professionally instead of you. Almost all credited moving companies can offer you a range of high quality protective packing materials – bubble wrap, cushioning, boxes, tapes, bags, papers etc. All your belongings will be organized, packed and secured in the best possible way for safely moving. When moving long distance, the proper arrangement of the moving truck is very important, since your items may shift during the transportation.
You better choose a safe company while moving items such as a piano, a safe or heavy pool tables. All experienced movers have the needed equipment and tools to perform this kind of a job. Taking a risk of moving a piano safely on your own is very ambiguous. You are more likely to damage it as it is heavy and delicate instrument. This may also cause damage to your furniture that is in the truck with the piano.
You should take in mind and warn in advance your moving company for stairs and other such obstacles in your current place and future one. Make sure that all items could fit the doors in both places. If not, then additional equipment as a crane should be involved. Sometimes bigger furniture pieces and large couches won’t fit the doors and can be hoisted through the windows with ropes by professional moving specialists.
Avoid Injuries When Moving
If you are running on a small budget and you decide to pack your stuff yourself, you must be extremely precautions. Be aware that for trained movers this is an everyday job, but it could be a pretty hard task for amateurs. Moving safely your furniture on your own has its pros and cons. You may save some money but you need to organize your time better. Be very careful while packing. First make a list of all the belonging you want to move safely. Sort out your furniture items so you can pack everything economically. To avoid injures when lifting, load the boxes, so they are not too heavy. Do not forget to label everyting. If you have fragile belongings that may be easily damaged, you better take some extra measures. Clothing may seem not so important, but in order to avoid injures wear comfortable clothes and shoes – definitely no ties.
Moving Safely Across America
Moving from one place to another in the same city is a little bit easier. You can find professional local movers and arrange everything faster. On the other side, moving safely across America needs more planning. Since it will be a long distance international trip, be aware of some key facts.
- If it is long distance transportation, there might be considerable weather change. Some valuable antiques and expensive electronics are likely to be damaged because of the temperature differences. Choosing a reputable and safe moving company will guarantee your safely moving across America.
- In order to protect yourself from fraud and rogue movers, learn the insurance options to the smallest detail. Whether choosing a Full value protection or a Released one, be sure that the insurance is valid in both States.
Moving safely is quite a tough job if you are moving on your own. In order to guarantee a safe transportation find a safe registered and licensed company. Going with cheap movers is not a good idea in most cases. There could be some cheap moving companies that perform well, but in general, paying less means lower quality service, damages and sometimes moving scams. An experienced mover can handle your moving fast and safe. All your belongings will be taken care professionally.
Have we missed something? Do you have any suggestions about how to move safely? Let us know in the comments below.