Check out the MyMovingReviews Moving Info-graphic with interesting moving facts and statistics about the Americans moving within the USA. Click it for a full size view. Let us know if we’ve missed any facts about moving in the comments.
Here are some of the interesting moving facts mentioned in the moving Infographic:
- About 40 million Americans move every year. That’s more people than the entire population of California!
- The average American moves about 12 times in a lifetime. That’s every six years for the average American.
- 50% all US relocations occur during one-third of the year – between the beginning of May and Labor Day (the first Monday of September).
- Around: 40% of all moves in US are job-related; 42% are personal moves; 18% are military or government relocations.
- Moving is the third most stressful event in life, following death of a loved one and divorce.
- Moving locally with a moving company may cost you less than hiring a moving truck and moving yourself. The moving company will cover the labor, packing, the truck, transportation, gas, toll expenses, insurance – pretty much everything.
- The reason people (about 31 percent of the Americans) are most likely to choose their new neighborhood is convenience to their job.
- Each year in US alone, a full third of all renters move.
- One of the stunning moving facts is that about 62 percent of the people in US currently live in the very state they were born.
- Florida has the lowest percentage of people born in the state who now live there.
Do you have any tips or interesting facts about moving to share? Do it in the comments below.