As moving starts the most important question that you may be asking yourself is what are the moving service prices – how are they formed, what do movers charge for, how much does it cost to hire movers and what is the price for every service that you may be offered during moving. And I have tried to gather the answers to these and other important questions in this guide.
Moving Service Prices – How are They Formed?
- Probably the first one of the payments for moving services that are used by most movers is the deposit that you would have to give. Once the final estimate is ready you will be charged with it – it is usually not more than 10% of the cost of the whole move.
- Moving service prices includes packing. If you don’t want to pack yourself, a mover can do that for you. The cost of moving service may include this option – in this case the moving experts will tell you what is the price for their packing and once they have established your inventory list – how much will packing cost for you. The moving experts can dismantle your furniture and carefully wrap it.
- Dissembling and packing appliances and devices may be an extra charge in the moving service prices list of the moving company you have chosen. Ask in advance what the cost would be for the technology you have in your home.
- If you are planning a self service move or you want to hire a company for a full move this may include loading. An option you can choose to pay for and have as an additional service is having your things be carried in the truck.
- One of the moving service prices is transportation. Once you’ve picked a reliable mover for you move, there will be a driver to take the truck with your luggage to your new house. The price for this moving service varies depending on the distance for shipment measured in miles and the transported items are measured in weight. An option for the latter is your belongings to be measured in volume – unfortunately this type of estimation is not very accurate and is subjective as it depends on the people who are loading the truck. Usually when you contact movers for quotes they would ask you about the things you will be moving. They will prepare an inventory list of your belongings that is going to be the bases of your estimate. You should note though that if you forget to mention everything you want to move to the moving company that will increase the price when the moving day comes. For example if you have an item for transportation that wouldn’t go through the door moving it out through the windows requires a crane. All this would add up to the cost of your moving. In order to be informed about the precise moving service prices and what would they be for you you can locate a mover that is close to you and try this free moving cost calculator. After you fill it in very soon moving professionals will contact you with questions related to your move. Try to give them complete and exhaustive answers so that they can give you an accurate estimate. Going for cheap movers will help you not only get advantage of the moving service of experts but also spare some expenses.
- You should also note that there is a list of items that is forbidden for transportation and a mover would not agree to carry them so don’t pack them. You can learn more about them and other tips for packing here.
- Special items cost extra to move. If you have a piano or a boat to move ask the movers what would the price be.
- Going up and down the stairs for moving your items is an extra cost. If there is a lift that is available and your belongings fit in it there it won’t be applied. If the movers’ truck is not able to reach the place of destination and instead the moving company has to use a smaller vehicle from a certain point on, additional price may be added.
- Moving service prices may include insurance. It is an option you are going to be granted by the mover and you can choose whether to take it. An insurance is a moving service that will guarantee you a payback of a certain amount of money in case any of your belongings get damaged or are lost. You can have it when you are having your belongings moved with a truck or a storage container. Learn more on the types of moving insurance and the rates that are applied.
- The time for moving matters also. You can save from the cost of moving service by moving in off peak season.
- Unpacking is also charged extra.
- Adjusting a specific date for receiving your belongings may also be an extra charge.
- Additionally to these factor there are also some hidden moving fees and costs so learn more about them, too.
These are the basic moving service prices and they are included in the full-service moving cost. In case you have any questions that are not mentioned in this article let us know in the comments below.