Most people associate moving with not so pleasant things to do. Yet, at a certain point in time you may have to do it. Our purpose here is to help you organize your relocation better so that it will be easier, simpler, cheaper and more efficient. So that you won’t have to worry but you will also be able to focus on the good side of it all – a new place where you can make a fresh start and enjoy new and beautiful experiences. When moving out where to start may be a difficult question. Here we have gathered the first most important steps to take. Here is our moving advice on where to start with moving and also where to start when moving abroad.
Where to Start with Moving
- The price. Yes, it can be cheaper and you can figure it out. Declutter your home and get rid of everything you won’t need in your new house. Make a moving sale where you can make some money as well. This is the first thing to do when planning moving house where to start. The less you pay for your move – the better.
- Finding cheap movers. Don’t go for the lowest estimate – if it is that cheap than perhaps there’s not a justifiable reason for that. Discuss with the movers the price in different situations. Have in mind that a physical survey will be more accurate than the online quote. If you are flexible about the moving date or ask your move to be combined with someone else’s you’re already saving money! If you are shipping your car, you can also save money. Here you can read more about this.
- Consider the different objects in your home for moving. If you have drums or a guitar you will need to read some more information. Antiques, collectibles and expensive art like an old clock, paintings or statuettes may require a special packing. In that case inform yourself what you will need to do. And remember that in all cases your movers should be able to assist you in packing specifics when planning moving out where to start.
- When moving house where to start packing? Read our guides for packing the different rooms in your home so you can make a plan of every room separately. Every premise in your home contains different objects. Review all of them and plan where and what to start packing. When planning on moving house and where to start packing make a moving list with the items in every room. You will also be able to use as an inventory list when you contact movers for your relocation. And if you don’t – this list will help you organize the packing of every premise in your house. When moving house this is where to start packing.
- Packing supplies. Do you need to buy it all new? You can save some money. Look online at sites like craigslist or ask people around you (neighbors, friends, colleagues, etc.) if they have any packing materials left. The packing supplies are one of the first things to plan when organizing where to start with moving.
- Packing. Perhaps this is the longest and most boring thing to do. And larger homes take even more time. If you don’t want to be bothered or you don’t have much time to do it – talk to the movers about it. Ask how much it will cost you and inquire if the company provides any of these discounts.
- Take the measures. Measure the furniture that you have – will it go out of the door and if not – out of the window? If not, you may have to dismantle it to take it out. At the same time have the measures of your new home and see if all the items you have will fit in there, too. You may wish to change some furniture – buy some new and leave some luggage with a storage unit.
- Collect records from doctor, dentist, school, daycare, vet, etc.
Moving Abroad Where to Start
Where to start when moving abroad? Besides all the steps mentioned above also consider relocating to a foreign country. In this case you should also include in your plans careful consideration of the travel route. You may need a visa or a job permit. Entering a different country may include luggage check at the customs, special requirements for bringing in plants or pets, limits to things that can be imported. This is where to start when moving abroad. Inform yourself well of these details in order to avoid unpleasant surprises upon arrival in the new country. When moving abroad where to start also consider using movers’ help. All the fuss about relocating far will be strongly diminished with some professional assistance.
Moving Tips – Where to Start
So, these are the steps you need to take when planning where to start with moving. When moving where to start is not a difficult question once you know the most important things that you have to do. After your move is over please come back and share your moving story – it is important, let everyone hear what you have to say for your movers. If you were happy with the relocation service recommend your movers; and if you weren’t – let everyone know to stay aside from this company.
Additional useful information:
Moving Timeline – Relocate & Save