Moving is something that you can not always so easily pass. Sometimes for quite different reasons organizing a move becomes a challenge. One of these situations is moving while pregnant. Often – since people move rarely – moving is a new experience and if you add up such a delicate situation – this means that one person should receive special care: the pregnant woman. If you are moving while pregnant organizing yourself should be your fist step. When you take enough time to arrange well what to do and when your moving will go much smoother. Also, if you are able to make a sound plan, that will help you avoid stress which comes from unexpected situations.
Moving to a New House while Pregnant
The main “theme” of your move, so to say, should be to pay enough attention to yourself and put yourself on the first place before everything else. When planning your moving make sure that you are relaxed and try to keep stress away. Remember that the changes you are going through are much more important than anything else. Take a good care of yourself in the first place.
- In order to keep yourself safe when pregnant, with a small baby or toddler, be prepared with information well – avoid moving scam and fake reviews and take a look at the hidden moving costs and fees. These are things people are not quite aware of usually and untrustworthy movers may try to get advantage of that.
- That also means you should know the most important tips when packing and moving. Don’t lift heavy things as overstraining yourself carries the risk of having your water broken.
- While collecting information, use every way you can to alleviate the hard work off of yourself: ask your friends and relatives to be with you and help you. You can distribute some of the things to be done like for example ask someone else to look for the moving boxes for you. Moving during pregnancy is much easier when you have other people to rely on.
- When you know you are moving start preparing and packing as early as possible. Why not throw a packing party? Invite your family and closest friends and spend some quality time together in the same time.
- When it comes to the essence of moving – moving yourself or with a moving company – I would suggest using the services of a mover. When you are pregnant save for yourself the effort to do things you cannot do anyway – like lift heavy boxes, load and unload the truck, etc. Also, you cannot dismantle or lift large furniture but on the other hand moving experts are reliable for this, too. You will certainly need someone to do it for you. And if you are moving while pregnant in summer, the extreme temperatures may also influence on your comfort in a negative way so keep yourself from staying too long exposed to the sun and heat. Take breaks often and drink a lot of water, especially when you are in the third trimester; when moving while pregnant don’t get yourself over exhausted.
- You can find movers during pregnancy easily: fill in a free cost estimator to find out the expenses for your moving. But this is not enough. Moving companies must be licensed as well so check that with the Department of Transportation and Best Business Bureau.
- When the movers load up the truck put the most important things last – like the things for the baby, so that when the unloading begins they will come out first.
- Since you are pregnant remember to look for a doctor in advance at your new neighborhood. You may ask your current one to give you some recommendations. When moving during pregnancy take your records with you, too, of course.
- If you need some more energy eat more citrus fruits to give you strength for your moving when you are pregnant.
- When you are already in your new home begin unpacking by opening the most important boxes that you will need right away and leave last boxes with things you are not going to use immediately like any tools, old CDs or clothes for another season. They can surely wait.
- One of the last things to do when moving pregnant is to prepare your move in – move out cleaning checklist in advance.
- When you move in to your new home give yourself time to unpack and arrange your new home. Definitely leave the large furniture to your partner or let the movers handle it!
Tips for Moving while Pregnant
These tips for moving when pregnant are meant to give you a direction which you can follow during moving in order to keep yourself and your baby safe. If you feel well and energetic – you can do more things at a time of course, the point is to follow how your body feels and to not overwork yourself. If you feel that you are very tired just take a break instead of continuing to push yourself. In case you have more questions or you would like to make a comment you can do this below the article.