Moving often times means hiring a mover to do the majority of the work. Here comes the choice you have to make: how to find the right moving company for you. What would really put your search on the right track is to use recommended movers for your local or cross country move. They have reputation, experience, knowledge and skills that you need for your moving to be smooth and of quality. Which are the recommended movers for your moving and how can you recognize them?
Recommendations for Movers
Besides getting a quote you can do more. You can make a list of things to ask the moving companies and contact them by phone. Ask for the majority of services offered like packing costs, packing materials, insurance, how is the moving estimate formed, etc. Even if you are packing yourself these questions will help you find out more about the moving company. Don’t hesitate to ask what happens in case that a box gets damaged or an item is missing. A trustworthy moving company will give you clear information. Do this a few weeks before actually moving out.
The best option is if the movers can come directly to your home so they can give you a more precise estimate. Ask for a “not-to-exceed” estimate. It means that you will pay not more than you have signed for (unless you add other things to the inventory list for moving, of course). This kind of estimate means that the company cannot ask you to pay more money than you have agreed for. Do not work with a mover that wants to charge you for visiting your home or a moving company that wants payments in cash. Paying by credit card gives you a guarantee.
When representatives of the mover arrive at your home show them everything you want to move and the way in which things can be taken out like a staircase or an elevator. This is the moment when you should also receive the booklet of the Department of Transportation about your rights and responsibilities. There are states that also issue similar readings. In any case you should get in a written form this information from the moving company that makes your in-house estimate.
If you can, avoid moving brokers – they are not regulated like moving companies and in the end of the day you never know who is gong to come for your things on moving day. You better do the choice yourself. Go the BBB website or see if the mover is a member of the American Moving and Storage Association. Read as much as you can on the moving company online.
Recommendations for Local Movers
When it comes to small moves like locally it is easier so find recommended house movers. It is always a good idea to ask around your friends, family and colleagues about their moving experience with different moving companies. They can probably recommend to you a reputable mover. Don’t underestimate the power of social networks: why don’t you tweet this article with the question of looking for recommended movers? Surely a lot of people will get back to you with their positive or negative experience!
Make your search for a recommended moving company by getting a quote. Ask for it from at least several of the bigger movers in your area. Don’t hesitate to request recommendations from previous customers as well. This is a good idea because it will give you the opportunity to discuss with the mover questions you may have in mind like packing, prices for moving and different services.
Recommended Cross Country Movers
Moving out of state means usually longer and more expensive move. Consider the costs for moving options you have: moving by plane and having your car shipped, driving there or you can hire a truck and use a tow for your car. Calculate the costs in any of these options and then hire a moving company. Flying though is going to be less exhausting for you and your family, especially if you are relocating to a long distance.
- When you are looking for recommended movers in New York check some reviews here. See the experience of people who have used different moving companies in New York and read which ones are recommended. In the meantime do not forget to look for a job as you are best to have one before making the moving.
- If you are looking for recommended movers in California you can find them on this link. Take a look for companies in the city of your destination and then explore the reviews about them. This is where you can look for job opportunities in the state of California: follow the link.
- For recommended movers in Boston this guide will put more light on your search. It contains information about the taxes, transportation, moving companies and other relocation information.
- If you need recommended moving companies in Dallas follow our article: Moving to Dallas Guide: What to Know, Where To Go with the basic tips that are important. It will show you costs for relocation, movers in Dallas and a lot more that you will need to know before going to live there.
- If relocating to Miami look for the recommended cross country movers on this link. Besides movers you can check out more info on the economy in the area, real estate market, taxes, and not only.
- For information about recommended movers in other areas check out the city moving guides article.
Recommended Home Movers Abroad
If you are moving abroad you can find recommended relocation companies for Canada here and for Australia on this link. If you are moving to one of the bigger cities for example Vancouver here is where you can find more information.
Do you have any questions or comment to make? Share them below.