Choosing the right local mover for your local relocation is very important. It is the decision which will define your whole moving. Knowing how to search for and find the best short distance movers is basic for the success of your move. Picking the wrong mover may get you problems with moving while hiring the right, reputable moving company will contribute to a stress-free relocation process. Here are some short distance moving tips that can help you with your local move and with choosing the best short distance moving company for your needs.
Short Distance Moving Tips
- Define the needs of your short distance moving. Where are you moving – down the street or to a city nearby? Do you need storage services as well? After you establish what you will need from the movers you can ask them about it. These are the services that you will use for your relocation.
- Arrange what is to be moved. Decluttering is important because it will lower your moving costs. If you have less things to be shipped the price that your local moving company will charge you will be lower and you will be able to save on moving costs.
- Learn the difference between a moving broker and a moving company. The broker is someone who arranges the moving for you but will not make it. The moving broker is not responsible for your things, he just finds a company to do your relocation but you never know who is going to show up at your door until the last minute.
- Consider well asking a friend to help you with the moving. People who are not experienced in moving may get hurt – back pains, scratches or other injuries are not impossible to occur. Many people who have done the moving themselves later on admit they wish they have hired a moving company.
How to Find the Best Short Distance Movers?
- Establishing which is the best short distance mover for you requires preliminary preparation in order to avoid getting scammed. Do not hire a mover on a random principle. Always make a check before signing any binding documentation.
- Check on the moving rates locally that you can expect to be charged. Once you get short distance moving quotes you will know how much you may be charged and you can avoid the companies that give you prices way too higher than these.
- Get short distance moving quotes – at least several. An instant moving estimate will give the price you can expect to pay for your relocation.
- Defining short distance moving costs is based on the things you have for moving, the labor that is required for doing the job in your case, the services included and the time of work. Usually movers will add another 1 hour which they need for the time to travel to your home. The lowest hourly rate should not be your criteria for a lowest moving price – some unethical movers give very low hourly rates and then use up more time to do the work.
- When choosing your local moving company ask for advice. Talk to friends, relatives, colleagues, neighbors, even share this article in your Facebook wall, on twitter or your other social network profiles and ask your friends there to comment. The best advice you can get is from real experience. This is why another short distance moving advice we can give you is to read reviews. Pick a mover for the state you are in and see what information there is. It is very important to learn more about a company’s performance before binding yourself with it. This can also help you to decrease your short distance moving costs.
- One great short distance moving advice you can take is to look for cheap short distance movers – why pay more when you can pay less for the same services that you get? You can do this by looking for the multiple discounts moving companies offer. These can be coupons or student discounts – whatever it is for you out there ask for it from the mover.
- Once you get in touch with a short distance mover take your time to check the company. This means to talk with them on the phone, if they are professional they will be helpful, understanding and will be answering your questions clearly and directly without trying to hide anything or eluding to answer what you’ve asked. You have the right to ask to see their office and the trucks they use, you can also request to know for how long has the company been in business, how is the personnel trained and how often. The best short distance movers will do what they can to make your relocation smoother. Also see what information there is at the BBB database and the US Department of Transportation.
Before choosing your local mover learn everything you can about the company and then when you are well informed and sure you can hire it. If you are moving an office, you might want to read the office move checklist. If you want to know more about moving locally you can share your comment below or ask moving experts for free on this link.
More useful information:
Movers FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions when Moving
Moving a Household – Tips and Cost Information
Posted on Aug 16, 2012; Last updated: Feb 5, 2013