When moving you will almost surely need to get the appropriate tools that you will need. It is these details that can significantly improve the quality of your relocation and can decrease the stress for a smoother moving experience. No doubt every move is related to a lot of stress. This is why we have attempted to make things simpler for you by providing you with the tools to make moving easier for you and your family.
Best Moving Tools for Your Relocation
- When moving most probably you will need to use lifting appliances like a furniture dolly. It is very convenient because it can be used for larger pieces of your home belongings. This is one of the tools to make moving furniture easy along with the utility dolly. The utility dolly is appropriate for moving boxes and can be used for several of them. It can make your moving quicker and is safer when lifting breakable items like glassware. In this way with a smaller effort you can do more work and save your health and your back.
- Besides the the tools to make moving furniture easy there are other cool tools for moving and these are the moving blankets and pads. You may wonder why you would need to use them but actually these items can give protection for your belongings inside the truck from dust, dirt and damages. You can use blankets to cover your furniture like a couch or chairs and when you put other things on top the ones at the bottom will be safe. It is also important to wrap up everything precious in order to keep it from damaging during shipment.
- Straps and ropes should also be used for moving. Larger things that cannot be carried by one person can be easily handled like this. Ropes are also good to fix things on a dolly – a piece of furniture or several boxes for example. You should also use ropes to fit the furniture inside the truck. It would be best if you can secure everything well so that when the truck takes off nothing in its back will move. Without straps or ropes you risk damages and this is why these two are considered amongst the best moving tools. Supply yourself with them in advance either from stores or by asking movers for packing materials.
- Scissors and tape are one of the best tools for moving – keep them with you constantly on moving day. You will need it to close boxes, fix somethings broken if needed, fix moving blankets and pads and not only.
- Another one of the cool tools for moving you should have is a stair-roller. It can be fixed on stairs if you have any and can alleviate a lot of your effort to move things up and down. The stair-roller can make lifting heavy items on stairs much more easier.
Online Moving Tools
There are great online moving tools that can make your relocation better.
- When relocating to a new place one important thing to check out in advance is the cost of living there. In this case this calculator may be useful for you.
- Getting a quote for finding packers and movers online has never been easier. You can not only request one online but you can also use your e-mail for communication with the movers on a later stage.
- One of the most useful relocation tools is the reviews you can read. Find movers in the state you are moving to and see what feedback you will come upon for the moving companies there.
- When shopping for packing materials you can use this online packing calculator to check out approximately how much supplies you’ll need. Another option that will give you a more accurate information is to ask movers to help you with this – once your inventory list is ready it will be easier for them to give you information.
- Amongst the online moving tools for your iPhone comes a great app – MyMove. It has lots of functionalities that you can use on the go to make your moving easier. You can make checklists with it, get quotes and read reviews, but not only. And it is free. This means that you can get advantage of it on your coffee break or while you are on the train to or from work. MyMove app can save you time and is a convenient tool for moving inside your pocket setting you free of the constant necessity of using a computer or of the hand notes on sheets that can be easily lost or destroyed.
What do you think about these tools to make moving easier? If you wish to add something more you can always share your ideas like a comment below.