Vancouver is a coastal seaport situated in the Province of British Columbia and it is the biggest city in it. It is in a beautiful area where you can enjoy wonderful nature and trees everywhere. In Vancouver you can find a large variety of restaurants with different food, many galleries, parks and beaches to enjoy. So, moving there can be quite an adventure with a lot of fun in store for you. And still, you should of course be well prepared for this grand step – how to move to Vancouver, Canada, from USA and what are the things to know before moving there.
Moving to Vancouver Pros and Cons
If you are wondering why you should move there consider the facts: the summers are nice, warm and sunny with temperatures reaching up to 72 °F. The city is stated to have the 4th highest quality of living for 2011 in the world. Vancouver is a diverse city with population of different ethnic origin with people from Ireland, Germany, the Scandinavian countries, Italy, Ukraine, China and more.
On the other hand, Vancouver is a very expensive city which means high cost of living and in particular prices of property as well so you might try to save some money when moving there for a start. Some of the tips for sparing dollars can be beneficial for your better organization, too – how about considering to make a moving sale? On the one hand it will empty the shelves in your wardrobe from unnecessary items and on the other – you will be able to put some money away when planning your Vancouver moving.
Moving to Vancouver – Transportation System
The transportation in the city in provided by TransLink which runs buses, trolleys and community shuttles throughout Vancouver, rail service that connects Vancouver with communities south and east, ferry service that connects downtown Vancouver with the North Shore. As Vancouver is a very green city of course there is the opportunity to go biking – you can find cycling maps here that you can use after you finalize your Vancouver moving.
How to Move to Vancouver, Canada
If you are thinking of moving to Vancouver you should be prepared to make a relocation to a foreign country which means extra details to take care of. Here is your Vancouver, Canada moving guide with the help and tips you need to make your move from USA stress free.
Vancouver Moving Guide and Help
- Moving from USA to Canada means being prepared with the immigration requirements first. You can find more about them here.
- Make an eco-friendly moving. The greenest city in the world until 2020 will be Vancouver which means that you, as a citizen, will be given the opportunity to do more for the preservation of nature and the decreasing of CO2 emissions. So why not start with the organization of your Vancouver moving?
- If you have not yet started to look for a job when moving to Vancouver take a look at the available positions in the City of Vancouver website. I would suggest that you start your search before you have began moving. One of the things to know before moving to Vancouver is that you can look for a job at the website of the government of Canada as well – on this link. Learn more on working in Canada from the National Occupation Classification.
- Find movers in Canada and best – a moving company from the Province of British Columbia. Get a free cost estimate and find the moving company that suits you for making your Vancouver moving. Once you get a feedback from them remember to ask what are the services that are charged additionally and beware of hidden costs and fees.
- Start preparing for your moving to Vancouver by planning your inventory moving list and your basic packing that you can’t go without. If you can, arrange your moving week by week – for that you can use our Moving Timeline checklist which will guide you towards your Vancouver moving in the last two months.
- Don’t forget to pay all of your last bills and arrange changes of documents and registrations before you move to Vancouver. This means that you should change your address, notify official institutions and utility companies. You can find the full list of places to go and people to contact prior to your Vancouver moving explained in detail here.
Moving to Vancouver Recap
If you are thinking of moving to Vancouver you already understand how many things are to be done in advance – months before you actually move out. You can read additional information on moving to Canada – information for immigrants – health service, transportation, postal system, education and more here.
And in the meantime if you have any questions, you can rely on the answers by moving experts or you can state your opinion as a comment here below the article.