Allied Van Lines

States of operation: Illinois, New York, Arizona, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Jersey, Utah, Nebraska, West Virginia, Georgia, Indiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Virginia, Washington DC, California, Texas, North Dakota, Louisiana, Alaska, Michigan, Oregon, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Mississippi, North Carolina

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Allied Van Lines.

Is this your business? Claim this profile

In order to operate in Illinois as a mover, Allied Van Lines must be registered with the Illinois Commerce Commission. To perform interstate moves, it is required to be licensed by the FMCSA.

ICC MC number: 15735Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 076235US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share Allied Van Lines to Facebook Share Allied Van Lines to Twitter

Allied Van Lines moving reviews. Read mover reviews on Allied Van Lines Moving Companies. Customer Movers Ratings on Allied Van Lines Movers.

Toll free number: (800) 444-6787
Address: 700 Oakmont Lane, Westmont, IL 60559, USA
Website: www.allied.com

Total 53 Allied Van Lines Reviews

Moved NY to FL
Delivery time table

The handling of the movers at both ends was very excellent. The big issue was with delivery time table. The load was pick up in ny on July 24th with the understanding that on Aug. 28th my house in Fla. would be mine. Because the load is small that there would other stops the window of delivery could be as late as Sept. 4th. H...[full review]

Moved AR to CO
Morse Moving / Allied

We contracted with Morse Moving & Storage (Allied Van Lines)  to move our home belongings from Benton, AR to Parker, CO.  They were not the cheapest moving quote and not the highest.  Morse made the decision to use the weights provided by United Van Lines quotation and Mayflower's quotation instead of coming out to the house ...[full review]

Moved NC to NY
Do not use this company

We used Allied to move my mothers furniture from North Carolina to New York. We had a piano shipped along with a bed. Her piano is her pride and joy, so naturally we got insurance on it for the move, and good thing we did! They dropped the piano and broke pieces off of it, this is not an inexpensive piece of furniture. They w...[full review]

Moved GA to CA
Move

I chose Allied Movers since they are a well known company and I was a moving coordinator for an office move a few years back and we used Allied so I thought, this should be a good choice. I am very upset that my items from GA to CA were damaged and actually had missing pieces to furniture that were completely lost. I had 10 b...[full review]

Moved GA to CA
Never ever use this company!

Never ever use this company! Worst experience ever and still going on and not resolved!!! They use local companies to pack your stuff and pretend to have a delivery date but then keep your stuff saying they do not have drivers since June is the high-season month!!!!...We have moved so many times in month of June in the past a...[full review]

Moved KS to OH
Allied Van Lines

Allied is a total sham. They use local moving companies to load and unload your shipment and have no "real" company - just some trucks. The cost was exhorbitant as well ! The movers were very unprofessional and careless. We had to wait several days to get scheduled to off-load our shipment Overall, I was very disappointed wit...[full review]

Moved VA to CA
i would do it again

i would use Victory/Allied again.  They moved my 5 bedroom house across the county with no damage.  they were on-time and on budget.  usually the only people that post reveiw are unhappy.  i am happy.  The driver was professional and his help was dressed in uniform.  they conducted a detailed inventory and made sure everythin...[full review]

Moved LA to CA
No call No Show

They Never came! I took my kids out of school and everything  and couldn't tell me when they were  going to come  even  though I had a date of booking number and everything.  They withdrew my deposit.  We just waited, and waited and waited. No call no-show.  Their driver had overbooked in New Orleans and there was no room on ...[full review]

Moved within NC
lost items

This was our 3rd move with Allied, The first two were accoss country with allied from Texas and California and were great.  This was from the Allied in Greensboro,NC and I must say this was the first one that I have had problems with.  First I was suppose to have several items crated and that never happened.  They sent out pa...[full review]

Moved within MS
never again!

We used this company to move our home from USA to Dubai, and got the worst service ever! Bad enough there are some boxes never made to here, when we claimed the insurance (that we paid extra for) , the insurance company send our money to the wrong person,and we never got our furniture fixed or paid for. If you respect yoursel...[full review]

Company response to Aliya Ferris's review:
Thank you for your review, but our records show you were never client of Allied Pickfords Bulgaria, the record you have used to make your comments. Please be so kind to refer to the office involved. Should you need help and guidance of finding the proper contacts, get in touch with the contact numbers listed.

Moved CT to NC
Allied Moving

Our move was in two phases with the bulk of our goods being put in storage for 4 months until our home was completed. Our first move to an apartment resulted in 4 broken items and we were compensated  by the CT local mover and assured that we need not worry about other items in storage because we had 9 months to file a claim....[full review]

Moved LA to MI
Excessive damage and no realistic remediation

I highly recommend that no one, under any circumstances ever use their services. My wife and I recently moved cross-country with them at a cost to us of in excess of $6,000. During the shipping the movers damaged several items beyond repair. Amongst the most severely damaged were a number of antiques, including a wood framed ...[full review]

Moved CA to TX
ALLIED - WORST MOVE EVER!

I contracted with Allied Movers to do a 3 bedroom move after just using them 1 and 1/2 years ago to move the exact same contents.  The contract was for a professional move at $5,200. It was a very standard move pickup my household goods in Seaside, California and deliver them to Austin, TX. We even went as far as to mark all ...[full review]

Moved AZ to CO
Pleasantly surprised

After reading tons of really negative reviews, we were hesitant to use Allied. However, their quote was nearly $2,500 cheaper than the nearest major-name competitor and fit better into our budget so we took a chance. Our local dealer was Olympian Moving and Storage. Debbie in the office was friendly, helpful and knowledga...[full review]

Moved NJ to CA
A Nightmare

We contracted Allied for our cross country move and here is why I they're rated "poor", in fact, I would give them less than 1 star if I could. - No one called to confirm the night before to let us know when the packing or the pick up would happen. - We were promised a 7-10 day delivery lead time and it turned into 16 days an...[full review]

Moved MI to AR
Damages/delayed delivery

After meeting wiht the SON of the owner of the subcontractor for Allied, my experience was AWFUL!  I never received a confirmation call for my delivery date from my "move coordinator".  They claimed it was because the summer months are their "busiest time of year".  I had to call said SON to get confirmation of pick up date, ...[full review]

Moved MA to ME
Worst move ever

We recently moved from Massachusetts to Maine and used ABC Movers an Allied agent.  The initial contact was prompt and courteous, quote was accurate.  The scheduled move morning no one came to load our household.  After placing a call to the company I was told they would be at our home around 10:30.  Crew arrived, carefully p...[full review]

Moved NY to FL
Salesman vs driver

I was looking for a state to state delievery. so I googled companys and found Allied van lines.  A salesman called me in two or three days.An Agent that worked for J.D. Carton & Sons.  The first inital contact with Jonathan was fast and sweet. We got all the particulars out of the way.He responded very fast with a quote.I was...[full review]

Moved TX to AZ
TX to AZ - via Allied Van Lines

The team arrived early and picked up my items within 5 hours. The price was competitive with the other major van lines; however, they were able to offer a faster turn-around time from pick-up to delivery.  Our items arrived without damage. Overall, a job well done.  [full review]

Moved AZ to IL
Honesty of Agent

Problem was with honesty of agent concerning delivery of a car with our household goods in the same van. We believe the agent  misrepresented how the car would be transported and refused to communicate, hiding behind a biding contract. For details lease see attached PDF file: "Allied Van Lines Complaint"[full review]

Review with attached files

Moved GA to CO
Allied Van Lines

We chose Allied as they are a national brand, so felt more secure paying a higher price.  We were dissapointed for the following reasons: Pick-up: -movers dropped furniture down our new hardwood stairs causing significant damage (also backed a piece of furniture into a wall causing damage) -we specifically asked and were told...[full review]

Moved CA to ID
Allied using contractor Mees Moving

A list of things we were "promised" by Allied upon agreeing to our 'binding bid' was not met and was not how they outlined the move to me. This was a relatively small quantity to move and I feel the stress involved was completely unacceptable. We've moved across states only a year ago, plus have dealt with furniture deliverie...[full review]

Moved OR to CA
Bad move with Alliance Van Lines

Please guys, who ever trying to engage this mover please stay away to have your peace of mind. Everything went bad with the word 'go' right from the beginning. This move is about my household items. Sharing them for readers benefits: 1. Did not picked up items on time 2. Rude people entering into apartment and having issue...[full review]

Moved NJ to OR
Allied was Awful!

Unless you've got some kind of masochistic streak, do not even think about using Allied or any of its local firms. These folks are absolutely the worst business experience I have ever had.  For starters, they were 2 hours late arriving.  Then thug #1 asked me how to pack things (huh?), then thug #2 began taking things out wit...[full review]

Moved KS to MA
Allied Van Lines

I very upset and extremely disappointed with the deception I experienced with my recent move from Mission, KS to Monson, MA with Ailled.  I was given a quote of $5742.13 which I paid as demanded prior to unloading my belongings.  When I noticed that I was missing a substantial amount of my boxes I was told that ‘it was overfl...[full review]

Moved MI to TX
Choose Another Company!!!!!

From start to finish this was a terrible experience. I was lied to several times. From the very beginning I was told that my belongings could ship out early. I wound up waiting 2 months for my things. I was given an original estimate that was $3000 less than what they ended up charging me AFTER picking up all of my boxes. I w...[full review]

Moved AK to WA
Alaska move

Yesterday (Friday) when the movers showed up at 9:00 am and began blaring rap music with questionable lyrics/words loud enough for my neighbors to hear, they began packing, and found my weapons before I could get to them and secure them. My husband is a Marine, and we live, eat, breathe firearm safety in this house. One of th...[full review]

Moved LA to AL
Allied was a mistake

From start to finish, Allied was a bad choice. Broken and missing items and no insurance to cover the goods (partially my fault for not investigating the area of obtaining more than their minimum $.60 per pound coverage). If I were to move again, I would hire a team to pack and load a rental truck and then hire a driver with ...[full review]

Moved ND to CA
Allied Van LInes

Allied did a great job.  They showed up on pickup day as promised and on time.  Their employees were very careful and professional in loading our belongings.  They had to unload and store our stuff because no delivery truck was available for several days, so they did all that at no expense to us and big expense to them.  On t...[full review]

Moved WV to FL
Move from WV to FL

Recently moved from Webster Springs, WV to Cape Coral, FL.   The Allied Van Lines agent was Central Van and Storage, Shinnston, WV (Rich Harmon).  Rich responded to all our inquiries promptly and came to the house to check out items to be moved.  His estimate was 90% accurate.   Move was well coordinated.  Central Van and...[full review]

Moved TX to MO
The Move Experience in General

The truck driver, Forrest McGully, was the best! He was on time, wanted to deliver earlier then scheduled but could not due to the scheduling of the building frieght elevator. But I recommend him for any move. He knew his stuff. We gave the packers a thumbs up. Not a good idea. Wait and mail in the rating. The packers on the ...[full review]

Moved AZ to LA
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I am going to start this off by saying if you use this company you will regret it. I am writing this for my uncle that moved in with us, he is handicap and needs help. (The Story) He was contacted by Citizens Transfer and Storage in Tucson, AZ and agreed to the price, he was told 7 to 10 days to be delivered. Here it is 12...[full review]

Moved within FL
within Florida Move Not good service

This was a move that was from 1 side of Florida to the other. From a house to condo; condo on 3rd floor of building and accessible via elevator and/or staircase. 4 bookcases were invoived in this move. 2 bookcases stand about 6 feet tall 2 1/2' feet wide. These bookcases were delivered with no problems. The other 2 bookcase...[full review]

Review with image

Moved CA to CO
Stay away from Allied!

We moved from Los Angeles to Denver. The quote seemed reasonable, in line with other quotes from Mayflower, North American, etc. So we signed the contract. About a week before our scheduled load date, they called and wanted to change the pick up date from Monday to Tuesday. We had already told our landlord that we'd be out on...[full review]

Moved DC to TUR
Move to Dubai, UAE cost $13000 in Damages

I wan't given choice in dropdown options but move was to Dubai not Turkey. They destroyed a stickley dining room set, including table and buffet; an antique desk; a stickley dresser; wine glasses; antique glasses; other miscellaneous items. We had set insurance and they refused to pay up on the stickley dining room set de...[full review]

Moved FL to VA
Items Stolen and insurance not honored

We moved my elderly father from FL to VA after my mom passed away. I paid extra in order to purchase a higher level of insurance to make sure my dad had no problems. When we unpacked, we realized that two boxes of sterling silver flatware that had belonged to my mother and grandmother had been stolen during the move. Allied r...[full review]

Moved VA to CO
ITEMS WERE STOLEN

Had I known my $700 TV would be stolen and when claimed with Allied I would be offered $24 in return, I never would have chosen Allied as my moving company. I never expected $700 but I did expect something like $200 or $300 for a 3 year old plasma TV.....THIS IS NOT OK and I AM INSULTED. Oh and... all of my husbands tools...[full review]

Moved NM to WA
Excellent Move!

The driver and his wife were an excellent team! They packed all my items, were extremely professional and accommodated all my special requests. I was extremely pleased with their service and the company and they also accommodated my late arrival to Washington. The best move I ever had, would highly recommend Coleman Ameri...[full review]

Moved KS to FL
Had I Known I would have picked another company

We moved from Wichita KS to Clearwater FL If we were told upfront that our belongings would not all fit on one truck (because there were already 2 other customers on already) we certainly would have picked another company. Our move started Dec 22 2011, our 1st truck arrived Tuesday Dec 27 2011 (4 BOXES MISSING AND A CRACKED ...[full review]

Moved AZ to PA
Do Not Use

I used Allied moving out of Phoenix. It was a really horrible experience. They were late arriving to pack up my things. They also charged me extra at the last minute to deliver when they said they would deliver. When they delivered my things they broke: TV, 2 dressers, TV stand, sofa, scratched dining table. And they di...[full review]

Moved OK to NM
Bad company all the way, you get what you pay for

Pickup fine, but stuff sat at warehouse in OK as they said they could not find a truck driver to come to Las Cruces, NM 8 days late of date of delivery Major damages to many items Had to fight with them to get reimbursed for hotels and food, which they told us to file for on a delay delivery form. After 2 tries. We did ge...[full review]

Moved AR to WA
Don't use Allied Van Lines

We were guananteed a 2 day window for delivery. The day before they were scheduled to pick up furniture we were told that our driver was pulled and they didn't have another. Our furniture would have to be stored in their warehouse until a driver was found. The packers were 8 hours late and didn't finish until 10:30 pm. I ...[full review]

Moved IN to OH
lost items, horrible customer service

For those who do not want to read a whole review, here is a summary of this review: DO NOT MOVE WITH ALLIED. Never. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced with any company of any sort. Even before I had my stuff delivered, I had the hardest time getting through to talk a real person to schedule my d...[full review]

Moved GA to TN
Allied Moving Co. Warner Robins, GA

The packers and movers expected lunch, drinks, and complained the whole time. The driver(Mike)called in damage that was done by them to my home as items were being removed. I spoke to the manager (Ron)of Warner Robins,GA who advised he would send someone for repairs. I have not been contacted for any repairs. I have unpacked ...[full review]

Moved WV to MI
Excellent Moving Company

I recently moved from WV to MI. I called several companies, some of which would not even do an in-house estimate (only online). I had tow companies who did visual estimate at my house (Allied Vanlines being one of them). The level of professionalism exhibited by the agent was excellent. He was thorough in doing his estimate, ...[full review]

Moved NE to FL
Claims service following move

The home company in my city was fine. My problem is Allied's customer service for claims. It has been 6 weeks and my claim has not yet been settled. This is not a major claim, the damages to be repaired/replaced are minimal. And, yet, to date nothing has been done. Someone came to view the damages the first week of August...[full review]

Moved UT to OR
I do not recommend using this company.

We purchased the maximum insurance so we would not have problems with having damage repaired or rectified. When we selected Allied we were told they would fix any problems. There was damage to our new home but we were told we had signed a form saying there was no residential damage. The driver asked us to sign a form statin...[full review]

Moved NJ to FL
HORRIBLE MOVERS ; AVOID

Two days before my move to Fl from NJ the owner ( Bryan Carton) called to say the truck would be late. How could I react? I I had no time to find someone else , so not only were they late , they carelessly damaged expensive items and then they send incompetent adjusters out to look at the items. The adjuster wouldnt know Maur...[full review]

Moved KY to VA
never use these movers!!!!!

I moved from Ky to Va after my husband passed away. The movers mis-labeled boxes and placed china with bed sheets and things like that. Once it came time to deliver my items it was like I was bothering the driver. They did not put together the items they took apart when packing my home up like stated in my paper work. I h...[full review]

Moved TN to NM
Allied Van Lines

We contracted to have our household goods moved from Tennessee to New Mexico with Allied. Our things were picked up on 6/8/11 and were to be delivered between 6/15 & 6/20. Called today to find out status of our shipment and was told it was still in storage and it did not have a driver assigned. No one called, no one emaile...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Allied Van Lines - a professional mover located in Westmont, IL 60559. Discover Westmont, Illinois moving companies.