American Van Lines

States of operation: Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Washington, South Carolina, Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas, New Jersey, Tennessee, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Idaho, Alabama, Georgia, Colorado, Ohio, New York, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Oregon, Montana, Rhode Island, Louisiana, Kansas, New Hampshire, California, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Virginia, Kentucky

Write moving reviewWrite a review on American Van Lines.

Companies that transport household goods within Florida like American Van Lines have to register annually with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The Bureau of Compliance is the responsible regulatory authority that manages intrastate movers. Movers should be registered with the FMCSA to operate interstate.

ICC MC number: 294798Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 614506US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share American Van Lines to Facebook Share American Van Lines to Twitter

American Van Lines reviews and movers ratings. Read real American Van Lines movers reviews and moving company testimonials and complaints by real customers of the business. Read also consumer reports and complaints.

Toll free number: (888) 759-6000
Phones: (800) 594-7779
Address: 1351 NW 22nd Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33069, USA
Email: customer.service@americanvanlines.com
Website: www.americanvanlines.com

Total 104 American Van Lines Reviews

Moved FL to AZ
Always check reviews first

very aggressive to sell a contract, once there is a contract will not answer any questions, especially after reading the contract.  Customer service was very rude would not let me speak with another agent after my agent did not return my calls.  Deposit was taken from my bank account as I was attempting to contact my agent le...[full review]

Smooth Relocation to West Plam Beach

American Van Lines helped us move from our 3 bedroom town house in Miami Gardens to a new home in West Palm Beach. The moving team of four people that arrived for a pickup was very proficient and polite. They worked like bees, fast and organized. Though we did the packing ourselves and labeled boxes and furniture accordingly,...[full review]

Moved FL to MD
Perfect Long Distance Move

We moved several times during past 10 years but hired American Van Lines for the first time to handle our recent long distance move. We always try to give business to local companies and American Van Lines was very close to our old house. It turned out to be the least troublesome relocation we went through thanks to their su...[full review]

Moved FL to CA
DO Not use this company

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I made the mistake to use this company because they were the cheapest.  There is a reason they are the cheapest.  First, the promised to pick my stuff on a certain date, they did not.  Didn't even call.  So finally on the thrid attempt they finally picked up my stuff.  I thought they pick it up on ...[full review]

Moved WA to AR
Legacy Van Lines

Do not go with this company! They should have been put out of business long ago. Price changed from before and after move and was over the top expensive com what was originally promised. Excuses excuses..... No way to get ahold of anyone. Worst moving company ever![full review]

Moved NY to PA
Most Horrible Experience Ever!

Never use this company!  This was by far the most horrible moving experience ever.  The men were late, did not listen to lead person in charge and damaged four pieces of my furniture.  They were not professional and actually carried a cherry wood desk and file cabinets down from 2nd floor on a metal hand truck with no protect...[full review]

Moved within NJ
okay company

The good:  1) Rate was pretty good and the quote was more or less accurate 2) The guys did a descent job. none of them were rude and understood english   The bad: 1) More than 3 hour late. They were supposed to come between 9-10 and ended up at 1 pm.  2) Some of the blankets used in covering furniture was old and ended up wit...[full review]

Moved CA to GA
moving

DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!! Not only did this company break china when they were packing and i was nice enough to let this go,but they were three weeks late , they delivered the items and it appeared that the boxes had been gone through and rearranged.the items were broken ,chipped , or just plain missing!!! they had...[full review]

Moved CA to WA
Dont Use American Van Lines Relocation

TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!! I would never use this company again! They subcontracted our contract with another company out of Los Angeles, Mr Move aka Move Me, aka Call Me Move Van Lines. They picked up our furniture in a Budget Rental truck and took it to a storage unit in our town. 5 days later they picked it up. Delievery date w...[full review]

Great Experience

They moved to 2 units on our property and I also recommended new tenants to use them and they were great and new tenants had no complains. It was 2 guys and they worked promptly, caring and friendly. I was very please currently recommending them to our move-in/move-out residents.[full review]

Moved NY to FL
Do your homework!

I hired American Van Lines to handle my move because moving is stressfull and I had enough to deal with- I wanted professionals so I wouldn't have any hassles with that end of the move and I could just focus on getting myself and my pets safely to our new home. Ha! What a fool I was! Don't make the same mistake I did, do your...[full review]

Moved MO to MA
The third party moving company actually did a pretty good job.

TERRIBLE!!!! DO NOT USE AMERICAN VAN LINES PLEASE!!!  They rescheduled our move date after we had paid a deposit and set a move date 6 weeks in advance to avoid problems like that. So ended up costing us more money. Then once the movers showed up they did not have NEAR enough space for our things b/c American Van Lines did no...[full review]

Moved RI to OR
I don't usually do this, but it was so bad...

It started when I contacted American Van Lines in December of 2012.  I have never had the need to use a moving company before as I had never made any large moves like the one I was about to make.  So, after speaking with Philip at American Van Lines, he assures me that my stuff will make it from RI to Oregon with plenty of ti...[full review]

Moved CA to AZ
Fantastic Experience

American Van Lines provided our move to Goodyear AZ from Rancho Santa Margarita CA. We have moved several times in the last ten years and we are always concerned about the movers and when we will actually get our furniture. As always when we booked our move they gave us a 6 day window for delivery. The movers arrived as sched...[full review]

Moved KS to TN
American Van lines -Bad Moving Experience

Don't be fooled with this company. They will promise a lot of things but service is not even close to what they tell. We have a very bad experience with American  van lines relocation devision service. Before paying the advance they promised lot of things on how they do packing, loading and delivery but by the time eveything ...[full review]

Moved TX to CA
American Van Lines - Bad Experience

These movers will probably ruin your move and your goods.  I cannot overstate that fact.  Run.   I paid $5000-6000 to move from Dallas to San Francisco early this year.  I actually selected them by mistake - I confused them with North American Van Lines , whom I used when I was in the Air Force.  They are only brokers and ...[full review]

Moved SC to WA
Scam

Stay away from these clowns ! It's a scam in my opinion ! Picked up my original load then charged me $300 more for bubble wrap on my couch. Charged me an additional $300 because my driveway is 125 ft and they have a 75 ft limit. Found they left a large amount of furniture back in Carolina and I have fought with them four ov...[full review]

Moved FL to AZ
my night mare

In the past twenty years I have moved eight times and never did I experiencce such a nightmare. My story is so long and detailed it would take me all day to tell. American van lines is the most unprofessional, dishonest and discussting company I have ever dealt with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                      [full review]

Moved OH to FL
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - RUN AWAY NOW!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! INCOMPETENT, RUDE, DISHONEST, UNETHICAL! They agreed to accept a company credit card since I was moving for a relocation then set up my contract to accept certified funds only and hired a third party who did not accept credit cards. Due to this, my goods (which were ...[full review]

Moved KS to FL
Not Using this company

After recieving a call, from a Florida number regarding my move in November I went thru the normal what you have what you don't, they gave me a quote, said the e-mail was accepted and my qote was on it's way.  Haven't rec'd a quote as of yet, and so decided to look at review of this company, I tried to call back the number th...[full review]

Moved SC to MS
American, Colonial, Relo Van Lines

Please see review for Colonial Van Lines - Goods still have not been delivered though promised 2 -3 weeks, 30 days, 30 working days (6 weeks).  Have reported them to BBB and spent hours on the phone trying to get my goods delivered.  Have been lied to repeatedly.  American, Colonial, and Relo Van Lines appear to be the same c...[full review]

Moved TX to OH
WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!

This is the worst moving company I have ever used! Please do not use!! They lie from day one. We are still missing furniture and have broken items that they refuse to take care of. They were 3 days late picking up and 18 days late delivering. It has been the biggest nightmare for my family!![full review]

Moved LA to OH
do not use!!!!!

this company is terrible and i want everyone to know so they can stop ripping people off. first off they picked up my stuff three days late. which forced me to hire local movers and move my stuff into storage costing me an extra 500 dollars that the company said they would compensate. WHICH THEY DIDNT AND REFUSE TO EVEN CONSI...[full review]

Moved NC to CO
Uncaring, Unproffesional, Dishonest

I wish that I didnt have to give this company one star, but that was the lowest. They talk big when getting you to sign a contract, but when it comes to delivery they drop the ball. They refuse to provide me with a delivery date and their two week delivery window has been a joke. Their customer service hangs up on you and doe...[full review]

Moved CA to TX
Don't believe them!

American Van Lines arranged my move and told me that it was weight based.  I agreed to terms that if weight was more, I would pay more, if less, I would pay less.  Do not believe what they tell you!  My shipment was 1000 lbs under estimate and I still had to pay orginal estimate.  American said that fault was with B & B Movin...[full review]

Moved MO to FL
Failed to show up at announced time

I scheduled a move from St. Louis to Destin, Florida at the last minute when I learned that the PODS I ordered couldn't be delivered to my house when I had people available to unload. I paid the 50% deposit based on a phone inventory of my belongings. They told me that I had to commit right now to the move and they would deli...[full review]

Moved PA to FL
American Van LIES

AMERICAN VAN LINES is a BAIT & SWITCH BROKER service, which I learned too late!  Quoted my cost to be around $1800. Final cost was nearly $5000 between paying AVL BROKERS (for doing nothing but causing me hardship! And for the disastrous moving company they hired.) AVL LIES left me in the worst situations to deal with that I ...[full review]

Moved NJ to VA
The Worst Moving Company in the USA

I don't exactly know where to begin!!! I wish I had researched more about this company before contacting them. The sales rep was a very nice and communicative person and tried to help me out a lot. However, the guys who do the dispatch and who make the business decision are very much un-professional. They give you a wrong e...[full review]

Moved IA to OK
LIARS

Smooth talkers that feed you a bunch of bull shit to sell you their service. The minute they have received your deposit dont expect your communication with them to exist much more. I was first appointed a lady by the name of Gloria to work with me through my moving experience. When I called to ask more specific questions regu...[full review]

Moved NE to CO
American Van Lines

We were extremely satisfied with our moving experience.  The movers were hard working, friendly, and very knowledge in all aspects. Everything was well protected and packaged to avoid any damage. The final prices was less than the quote.   This was out first move with professional movers and the total experience was excellent...[full review]

Moved NC to CA
Moved me to tears and tears

Whatever you do do not use this company or any affiliate which includes but is not limited to relo van lines, colonial van lines, mbm etc. without belaboring readers with the details. my items were carelessly packed when the movers did show up 1 week late and then only delivered half of my things with lots of damage furniture...[full review]

Moved NC to MI
Late delivery of damaged goods

I paid $1406.94 to MBM Movers an agent of American Van Lines to move my 1 bedroom of new furniture from North Carolina to Michigan.  The load was picked up on time on April 13,2012, the furniture was carefully wrapped in blankets, taped and loaded on the truck.  Deliver was scheduled for 4/18/2012 with an outside delivery dat...[full review]

Moved FL to SC
Did a fine job for my move.

I recently moved from southern Florida to South Carolina and used American Van Lines out of Pompano Beach. The movers arrived on-time and were very fast but careful in loading the truck. Unfortunately, my loading crew did not speak English as a first language so could not effectively answer some of my questions. They also wer...[full review]

Moved NE to CA
American Van Lines

Movers did not get the appointed pick-up site on the days appointed.  Communication with the sales agent was very bad.  No one ever answered the phone, always leave a messge, and then no one calls you back until the next day.  On the day of delivery they were not there when scheduled to be there.  My overall experience was no...[full review]

Moved NJ to MO
American Van Lines can't keep a Promise

This company has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.  Every time we call to get information they say they will contact us in two days and they never do.  They said we'd get 24-48 hours notice on pick up and we only got 12 hours notice and the only reason we got that was because we called repeatedly demanding in...[full review]

Moved OH to GA
Stay Away

I had move from Dayton to Atlanta and made a bad choice in picking this company. My trouble started the moment I signed the contract and paid the deposit amount. These guys do not care after that. Had to call them a couple of dozen times to fix the move from Dayton. They outsource the actual movement to a different company. S...[full review]

Moved VA to CA
Frauds

These people are frauds! they charged 1300.00 to our acct before signing a contract! We specificfly told them that we weren't sure we wanted to go with them yet & that we'd let them know in the morning. If we dont get our refund in 2 days we are filing a report to navy legal (we are military) and getting them in lots of troub...[full review]

Moved OH to GA
My Move

When I got a job in Atlanta, I was given a week to get there. After living in Cleveland for most of my life, I knew that there was no way I could move all of my things by myself. So I started searching for the cheapest moving company around my area. I looked online and this one kept popping up on me, so I decided to give th...[full review]

Moved GA to VA
Dennis Scott

One of the Best So Far>>>I joined the army when I was 18, so I have been moving around quite a bit over the past few years. After a couple of bad experiences, I decided to do my research before paying another company for horrible service. When I kept hearing about AVL, I gave them a call. The moving agent I worked with was a ...[full review]

Moved KS to WA
Horrible service ever!!

Anybody who wants to struggle with them and want to take some legal action against American Vanline together? I am supposed to move yesterday or today and they still don't know when to pick up my stuff. I am moving to a  different state for a new job and I am very worried if they ever will pick up my stuff within my limited t...[full review]

Moved FL to NJ
Simple Mistakes

This company told me that they would get my move done with ease. Well, it didn't exactly work out that way. The inventory list was missing some of my electronics so that caused some complications on my moving day. Then by the time they brought my things to my house in Newark, I noticed  that my TV stand was broken and one of ...[full review]

Moved VA to CA
over all move with american van lines

The truck was late for the pick up,some things were loaded without numbers to make up for lost time. We were told that A.V. would be moving our things but another co. (infinity moving and storage) showed up with thier own contract and prices and new rules that we were forced to sign or they said they would not load anything o...[full review]

Better than Anticipated

After hiring this company I saw some reviews online that made me nervous. People were complaining about everything from lost items to furniture that was damaged. Well, after being a nervous wreck for three days, all of my things were delivered in one piece. My bedroom mirror was cracked but that was partly my fault because I ...[full review]

Moved MO to CO
Slick salesman, BAD company

Took deposit and had no intention of picking up during window.  NO communication. American Van Lines Relocation Division intentionally deceived me and misrepresented the service that they promised and took a large deposit to perform.   Several of the sales people kept reassuring me that I would have a guaranteed pick-up ...[full review]

Moved IA to AZ
American Van Lines took the deposite money

American Van Lines agreed to move my house hold items and two cars. I diposited money for each items. Later they moved my house hold items and one car. I recieved these items about three weeks late. My house hold items was damaged. Later I asked them to ship the remaining car. They responded that they would ship the car as so...[full review]

Moved AL to WA
Worst Company EVER!

I was getting ready to move from Birmingham, Alabama to Seattle, Washington and to avoid driving that far I looked into having my car transported.  I called American Van Lines and they gave me a quote of $1350 with a deposit of $450.  I told them that I would call back since I was still pricing other companies and they called...[full review]

Moved FL to CA
A Moving Nightmare

I had one thing in mind when I scheduled my move from Miami to LA: I didn't want my furniture sitting in a warehouse for weeks waiting for a truck to be loaded. So when American Van Lines office based in Pompano Beach, Fl - Phone: 888 759-6000 - sent their "moving consultant" or "moving con man" as I call him, Shawn Baglio -7...[full review]

Moved FL to SC
An Okay Moving Company

I found this company online and got my moving quote straight from the website. I did my moving estimate over the phone and the agent was friendly and down to earth. Just make sure that you have a lot of time to spare because customer service may keep you on hold for a very long time. If you have patience, this company is wort...[full review]

Moved OH to FL
WORST MOVING COMPANY- PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM!

We contracted with this company to move our household items from Dayton, Ohio to Tampa, Florida on Friday, March 9th. In the original estimate my husband told the estimator, Joseph Amato we were closer to 10, 000lbs, but were told by him that in order to keep our deposit low we should go with 7, 000 lbs and if we went over th...[full review]

Moved GA to CA
UPDATE-Don't USE!

Updating you all that as of today May 6, 2012 I still don't know where my things are. Keep getting the run around starting to honk they don't know where my things are either. Itemsunpicked up March 27, 2012? I'm so sick and disgusted with these people...............................................................................[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on American Van Lines - a professional mover located in Pompano Beach, FL 33069. Discover Pompano Beach, Florida moving companies.