Arpin Van Lines

States of operation: Rhode Island, New Jersey, Colorado, California, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Washington, Alabama, Texas, Illinois, New York, New Mexico, Ohio, Wisconsin, Maryland

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Arpin Van Lines.

Click on the Arpin Van Lines license numbers for the government record information:

ICC MC number: 621Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 049922US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share Arpin Van Lines to Facebook Share Arpin Van Lines to Twitter

Arpin Van Lines moving reviews and customer testimonials. Read real Arpin Van Lines reviews, consumer reports, complaints and moving ratings online.

Toll free number: (800) 343-3500
Phones: (401) 828-8111
Address: 99 James P. Murphy Hwy., West Warwick, RI 02893
Email: info@arpin.com
Website: www.arpin.com

Total 22 Arpin Van Lines Reviews

Moved TX to VA
I realize they have bad reviews

This was a military move. I was so worried my husband set up the movers and didn't look at reviews. I saw the reviews and started freaking out. But they got there on time. Loaded everything very fast and very good. Were professional, and very nice. He showed up with my stuff two days ahead of schedule which was awesome! Nothi...[full review]

Company response to Mariah's review:
Hi Mariah, Thank you for the awesome review! Glad we could help put you at ease. If you ever need anything else, please let us know! Sincerely, Arpin Van Lines

Moved MD to CA
moving with undisclosed charges

Movers were polite and courteous. The move was on time. We were misinformed by the salesman of Geipe movers which subcontracted with Arpin. The weight was honest but we paid a total of an additional 1100 dollars due to the over sized truck that they used.  (It had a very big extended cab.) This was from an additional 550 doll...[full review]

Company response to James 's review:
Hi James, We're very sorry to hear that this happened and we want you to know that the driver has been terminated. When it comes to extra $1,100, was that collected by the driver? You should not have been charged anything for a shuttle. Please contact us at "socialmedia@arpin.com" so we can discuss this furthe...

Moved WI to NV
HORRIBLE SERVICE WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

This company I would legitmately have to say was the worst company I have ever had to deal with! The mover pencil whipped in that my table top was spider-web cracked AFTER I signed and was given a carbon copy. I showed them my carbon copy that it was not cracked prior to shipment and they told me I was lying! I spoke with 2 s...[full review]

Company response to Ashlee's review:
Hi Ashlee, We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our Claims process, but we cannot reimburse you for the damage since it was not caused by our moving crew. Documents show it was pre-existing damage before loading. You're more than welcome to re-submit your claim through the military as we'll be happy to cooperate an...

Review with image

Moved OH to AR
Terrible in every way

Move from Ohio to Arkansas Pros: None Cons: - the moving coordinator was always unvailable or took a lof of time to respond - dates for packing and loading were scheduled before they asked us if it's ok with us - the packers were late (2hours) and then they took an hour and a half lunch break -the items were packed terrible (...[full review]

Company response to Emily's review:
Hi Emily, We're sorry to hear about what happened. Please provide us with the name on the account and/or registration number to "socialmedia@arpin.com" so we can look into this issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Sincerely, Arpin Van Lines

Moved NY to FL
move

We hired this company to do a move from the Albany area to Florida for our daughter.  The pickup was very professional and they made a detailed checklist of her items, which was supposed to be reviewed when her items were delivered for accuracy.   It took 3 weeks for her items to come and when the driver arrived he was drunk,...[full review]

Company response to Bridgit Milanese's review:
Hi Bridgit, We're sorry to hear that you are unhappy with this moving experience. When it comes to the checklist, we did give a copy at pick-up but we're unable to give ours since we need it for our records. As for any verbal altercations, we're currently looking into that matter with the driver and crew. For any damage...

Moved FL to NC
Where's the truck?

My mother-in-law hired Arpin to move from Florida to North Carolina. Told her it would be delivered the following week after pick-up. Now two weeks and still no truck. They told her today that the truck was on the way but had to turn around for repair. That is some coincidence that after two weeks the truck breaks down after ...[full review]

Company response to John B's review:
Hi John, We're sorry to hear about your delay. Please send us the name on the account and/or the registration number to "socialmedia@arpin.com" so that we can look this up in our system. Thank you, Arpin Van Lines

Moved PA to FL
moving

WORST COMPANY OUT THERE! DO NOT USE THEM IF U EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR STUFF AGAIN! I would give them no stars if I could! Had the worst moving experience ever, and I have moved at least 5 to 6 times.  The truck had a huge hole in it, and water ruined most of my items. There was 3" of water in lots of my bins, my clothes, furnit...[full review]

Company response to Deborah Macconnell's review:
Hi Debbie, We're sorry to hear about the frustration this has caused you and your family. The reason we were unable to give you the full amount of your claim was because you repaired things prior to inspection. We could only commit to what we saw was damaged and you were fully reimbursed for those items. Also, if an item w...

Moved TX to FL
THE WORST MOVING COMPANY IN THE BUSINESS

I have been a military spouse for 20 years. I have moved all over the world and have very realistc expectations when it comes to a move. Arpin Van lines is by far the worst company that we have ever dealt with and that's saying something!!  It was a horrific experience from beginning to end. Things were stolen, damaged, and t...[full review]

Company response to Jenna's review:
Hi Jenna, We're very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you had to deal with as that is not the way Arpin moves should be conducted, especially with those that serve in our military. Our Military department has been contacted and is aware of your complaint. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Sincerely, ...

Moved FL to VA
Worst Experience Possible

I signed a contract and had all my belongings picked up from Tampa, FL on 6/17/13 for delivery to Chantilly, VA by 7/5 absolute latest (this is all in writing). I called Arpin on 7/3 to see if they were on schedule - I was told my things had been bumped from the truck due to weight requirements. My dad called, asked to speak ...[full review]

Company response to Morgan's review:
Hi Morgan, We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your move and your frustration is definitely understandable. We'll be contacting the agent assigned to your shipment to see what the current status is. Thank you for making us aware of this. Sincerely, Arpin Van Lines

Moved FL to CO
do not use arpin van lines

Arpin lost over $700 of my belongings then denied liability because my goods were delivered to a storage facility. They never informed that they would deny liability because I had my goods delivered to a storage facility. They have refused to respond to my repeated inquiries for proof that this limit to their liability was ...[full review]

Company response to April's review:
Hi April, We're sorry to hear about the issues that you've been having and the damages that occurred. Can you please send us your registration number and/or full name on the account to socialmedia@arpin.com so we can find you in our system? Thank you, Arpin Van Lines

Moved AL to AK
Never use Arpin for the military

Arpin canceled their contract with me 7 business days before my move was scheduled.  Their reason for canceling the contract with me (which they knew the terms of the contract beforehand) was that it would put an undue amount of financial liability on them.  I don't have enough value in the stuff they were going to move to po...[full review]

Company response to Travis Anderson's review:
Hi Travis, Arpin had every intention of moving you during the agreed upon dates. You requested a different method of transportation and we were unable to accommodate this request. Your shipment was booked by Ft. Rucker as a code “D” shipment. Code “D” shipments are to be hauled loose load in an air ride equipped traile...

Moved CA to NJ
Use another company

I used Arping from NJ to CA and had a great experience, on the return trip less than 3 months later they were completely dishonest and could care less.  The most frustrating part as a consumer is there is no one to escalate your issue to.  Very poor way to handle a long distance move and as a realtor who is constantly asked f...[full review]

Company response to Melissa Martin's review:
Hi Melissa, We apologize for the complications that occurred during your move. After looking in our system, it appears that your goods have now been delivered. Your feedback has been seen by management and we hope you're fully settled into your new home. Sincerely, Arpin Van LInes

Moved within FL
You will regret using Arpin

Arpin is a mistake from the second you contact this company. If you have no desire to recieve your home back from shipping in anywhere near the same condition the movers left it in, continue to contact Arpin. My wife and I used Arpin for our Military Move  while receiving our home from a Florida holding facility to our home i...[full review]

Moved WA to MA
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

We had losses and damages during our move, and I have contacted the offices of the owners, and have not had any response.  The customer is not their main concern.  Customer is not high on their list.  Once they have the job and the money, they are not concerned about the rest.  I have not seen such poor customer service in my...[full review]

Company response to Mary Dillon's review:
Hi Mary, Sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing. Were you able to file a claim? Please let us know at socialmedia@arpin.com if you need any assistance doing so. Sincerely, Arpin Van Lines

Moved PA to FL
HIGHLY RECOMMEND

I used the moving company Stinelli Brothers ( Arpin Van Lines ) & I most say they were absolutely GREAT!!!! I don't know what other people are saying with their crazy reviews, but they made everything go smoothly. From the begginning when I spoke to the consultant Ricky, he set up an estimate sat a price of $1635.00 for m...[full review]

Moved CA to CO
Do not use this Mover - slight savings are not worth it

Everything started out okay, but soon went downhill the day the actual truck driver arrived. He was late, grumpy and was not happy with Arpin or Savon the sales represenative. There is obviosuly a lack of communication between Arpin, the Driver and the Sales represenatives they use. The driver refused to pack a few large item...[full review]

Moved FL to PA
Stay away from Arpin Van Lines

Arpin Van Lines - Tampa, FL - I could get into all the details but I will keep it short.  Because of bad estimation on Arpins part our items had to be split into two trucks due to items from another customer already on the truck.  First truck arrived just fine.  Second truck with half our belongings arrived 35 days after it w...[full review]

Moved SC to WA
Worst Option; Argin

I now have to catalogue all of our broken wedding gifts, Thank you Argin. We were told they would pack them carefully, that we didn't need to stay while they packed because they were professionals and assured us that anything marked fragile would be carefully secured and packed. I now have broken glassware, broken plates, thr...[full review]

Moved within PA
GARTTMEYER MOVING AND STGR

I have had the pleasure to have  Garttmeyer Moving Co out to our company location a number of times. Nadine Garttmeyer is always very professional, and also very accurate when ever she has worked up an appraisal. This company has been family owned and operated for over eighty years. They are a true asset to the ARPIN VAN LINE...[full review]

Moved CT to CA
Worst moving experience - caution!

I contracted Arpin Van Lines to do my coast to coast household move from Hartford, CT to San Jose, CA.  My household was packed up on June 6 and picked up on June 7.  I was told verbally and in writing that my household would arrive no later than two weeks - June 21/June 22.   It is June 21 today and my shipment has not yet a...[full review]

Moved CA to FL
Terrible Customer Service

This was my 7th move either from coast to coast or from south to north and IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF ALL MY MOVES. First, my stuff went into storage in Sacramento. The cost of the storage was over $100 more than the estimate. They took many things apart to get them into storage. When they arrived here, they did not p...[full review]

Moved NJ to PA
The worst experience ever

This is the third time I've moved and this was by far the worst experience. The company who moved us was Transtar who's an affiliate of Arpin Van Lines. I don't know where to start because they both are terrible. Transtar damaged and stole approx. $575 worth of our stuff not included my 61 inch TV that now works for about ...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Arpin Van Lines - a professional mover located in West Warwick, RI 02893. Discover West Warwick, Rhode Island companies.