Budget Van Lines

States of operation: California, United Kingdom, Michigan, Missouri, Connecticut, Kentucky, New York, Texas, Florida, Indiana, Washington, Maryland, West Virginia, Wisconsin, New Mexico, North Dakota, Colorado, Illinois, Oregon, Alabama, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Arkansas, Ohio, Georgia, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, Nebraska, Utah, Tennessee

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Budget Van Lines.

Budget Van Lines must be registered with the California Public Utilities Commission and must posses a valid CAL-T number in order to operate within the state. Movers must also be registered with the FMCSA to perform interstate moves.

ICC MC number: 512534Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 2233611US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share Budget Van Lines to Facebook Share Budget Van Lines to Twitter

Authentic Budget Van Lines reviews, consumer reports and Budget Van Lines complaints online. Read genuine Budget Van Lines reviews, ratings and testimonials by real customers below. Budget Van Lines is one of the US largest moving brokers licensed by the United States Department of Transportation, working with licensed moving companies only. Household goods transportation broker for interstate moves.

Phones: (800) 611-6001
Address: 5150 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Email: charlie@budgetvanlines.com
Website: www.budgetvanlines.com

Total 86 Budget Van Lines Reviews

Moved IA to CA
Shuttle

I was initially dismayed by the service.  My move cost $500 more than the estimate ($1650).  I was responsible for around $200 of that, for overage in weight and long carry charges.  But the extra $300 was for a shuttle because the semi couldn't make it to my house.  I live on a hill, and there weren't any roads large and str...[full review]

Moved MI to LA
Diasppointing

A bad experience is a understatement for my experience. I used the shipping company for two previous moves and they were great. The agents were rude and did not properly code my order. The sales rep Heather had a very disrepectful tone as though she did me a favor. I would never suggest anyone to use such a company with all o...[full review]

Moved MN to CO
Budget Vanlines

Than you Budget Vanlines!   You made my move so easy.....I feel I made friends with the rep from Budget and the drivers from Southwest Vanlines! The price was right and the timing was perfect for my move.  I was very nervous about doing this without a face to face meeting...I have heard such horror stories about moving compan...[full review]

Moved IL to CA
Best move ever!

I contacted Budget and they were prompt and very clear on how much this would cost. The end cost was exactly what they said.ive moved many time in my life and I have never had such stellar service. From being a consolidator to ring the moving company it was all flawless. Even the movers were incredible. No damages either. I w...[full review]

Moved NY to NM
Budget Van Lines

Let me start out with saying that I read all the nasty reviews on Moving Brokers.  I can tell you that this was NOT my experience with Budget Van Lines.  IT WAS THE BEST MOVING EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD!  I have moved from TX to NM, NM to MN, MN to NY, NY to NY and NY to NM  using moving companies.  I have alot of experience wi...[full review]

Moved WA to CA
Smooth experience

I had a very smooth move recently with Budget Van Lines. They are a mover broker so your actual experience will depend on who they partner with. My movers were on-time, professional, and seemed to take very good care of my stuff. The budget van lines folks provided a very close estimate to the final cost of the move and we...[full review]

Moved IA to AK
Exactly as described

This move went without a hitch. I contacted budget who set me up for around a thousand dollars less than other companies. The movers arrived in the given window, were courteous and moved my things quickly. All my items ended up where they were meant, undamaged, dry, and in perfect condition. I would absolutely recommend. [full review]

Moved MI to CA
Moving

We moved some boxes and a couch from Michigan to California.  We had a few issues with understanding the quote when our stuff was picked up and had some issues with our carpet getting dirty from the movers.  Budget customer service was quick to respond and offered to have our carpets cleaned.  Very impressed with the quality ...[full review]

Moved MI to TX
Excellent easy professional move

I googled economical move and found Budget Van Lines. From my first phone call I was impressed and the complete experience was economical and professional. I was already in Texas when I requested the move in Battle Creek. From the initial inventory conversation with Terry to the final delivery I was very pleased. It was -12 t...[full review]

Moved IL to MO
My move on February 12, 2014

To: Whom It May ConcernBudget VanLines My name is Victoria Smith and I am writing a review concerning my packing and move from Illinois to Missouri on February 12-16, 2014.During a conversation with a man who was asked to come and pack my house in Illinois, I became very concerned about my items as he proceeded to inform me t...[full review]

Moved CT to FL
long distance move

We were very happy to find Budget Van Lines when looking for a way to move some furniture from CT to FL.  Budget connected us with Precision Movers.  They showed up on time and just as we were promised - they wrapped everything in blankets and protected all our belongings.  Our furniture arrived when they said and everything ...[full review]

Moved IN to AL
Customer Service & Follow-up With Budget

I spoke several times to Damon to set up my move then with Ryan from the time it was scheduled until after my items arrived. Ryan was very helpful and courteous. I enjoyed working with him and he was very prompt in providing all the information I needed, including the information in order to file a damage claim! The only dis...[full review]

Moved WV to TX
Excellent Service

I had a wonderful experience with Budget Van Lines  Customer service as well as delivery and pickup guys were very professional and took great care of my furniture. I had constant contact from the company to make sure everything was going as planned.[full review]

Moved CA to IL
Booking and follow up

I was disappointed with G&G shipping because they severely damaged 3 of the 19 pieces of furniture shipped -but budget remained involved till the issues related to this we're settled.  I would recommend getting budget to provide more than one shipping company to choose from.[full review]

Moved TN to TX
Home to home move

The customer service for this company is outstanding.  From the beginning to the end of this moving process it was seamless.  I was phoned several days before the move, the day of the move and again once it was delivered. This was a difficult move for me in that my Mom had passed away and I had several items to pack and send ...[full review]

Moved KS to CA
Budget Van Lines

We hired Budget Van Lines for our recent move.  Overall experience was fine especially with Budget Van Lines.   We have worked with John (Sales professional) and he was very helpful throughout the process.  He took care well and communicated very promptly.  Company is providing competitive rates and that the one reason ...[full review]

Moved CT to WA
Overall Experience

The customer service represenmtative who walked me through several questions and issues was very helpful and speaks very well of the caliber of professionalism that is to be found at Budget!  Moving is no easy task and there are many issues that need attention.  Budget was very helpful in working with us and in answering the ...[full review]

Moved NE to AZ
Smooth Move!

Moving a lifetime worth of stuff is no easy task, the stress and anxiety alone can be daunting. Dan, Tamara, Ron & John were awesome in coordinating my move from Nebraska to Arizona. All items arrived safely and in good condition. I was very pleased with the customer service and thought the representatives did a great job in...[full review]

Moved MN to FL
Reasonable Moving Experience

The movers in MN worked very hard and were on time.  They made a good effort considering our belongings were heavier than expected.  They were very fair about it.   The load we had moved went to storage in IL and due to inclement weather, delivery was delayed - which is understandable.  Delivery to FL was on time.  There was ...[full review]

Moved CO to LA
Comments

John Matthew was very easy to work with. He stayed in constant contact with me, made requests for specific delivery dates for me, was always very professional and very pleasant to speak with! We had never moved this way before and the people at Budget made the process easy, which was nice as moving is very stressful. Thanks J...[full review]

Moved FL to OH
Reviewing BUDGET!

My experience with Budget was overall very good! Using a broker means that one has to expect some issues.  And my issues are with the company they contracted with!  In my case it was with Platinum Van Lines!  The "Pick-Up" was "HOURS' late, just adding to the stress of a big move. Coupled with "Extra Charges" for additiona...[full review]

Moved WA to AZ
Budget Move

Good service and quickly loaded and unloaded my belongings.  Wrapped everything to protect it.  A little unhappy about the price.  I was quoted one price, but after loading belongings, we were off in weight which increased the cost to move substantially.[full review]

Moved NY to TX
disquesting

sorry to say i will neer ever on God's green earth use this company or any broker or moving company again. Dalthom made everything sound so good and assured me all was well..was i setup for a rude and reality awakening..They set with up with a non caring company named Walla. no 24hr call to pcik my belongings. i waited 6hrs i...[full review]

Moved NM to CO
Customer service

My experience with this company was amazing! They were very professional, prompt and stayed in contact with me. They kept me updated on times for pickup, delivery and in between. Jeff from customer service is very professional and courteous, huge props to this guy![full review]

Moved IL to GA
Budget Van Lines Help

So I previously left a review regarding my move that was contracted out by Budget Van Lines. Everything has not been resolved, but Budget Van Lines has tried to make things right. When everything was said and done, representatives of Budget Van Lines have reached out to me to try to rectify the situation. Although they aren't...[full review]

Moved IL to GA
THE WORST MOVING EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IT WILL MAKE YOUR MOVE A NIGHTMAREMy move contracted to On Time Moving, by Budget Van Lines. On Time Moving is on record as being out of business, and is not a BBB accredited business. So many things went wrong I'm just going to leave bullet points of the BS I had to deal with.1.The sales specialist wa...[full review]

Moved CA to GA
5 Stars Service to Budget Van Lines

I used Budget Van lines for my recent move from California to Georgia and I'm glad I did. When doing a move of that distance there is a greater chance of damaged inventory, but NOT with Budget Van line movers. Not only did my furniture arrive in perfect condition, but in a timely manner too! John made sure to stay in communic...[full review]

Moved MO to PA
They cancelled at the last minute

I had made arrangements with Budget to pick up my daughters furniture and had given them the standard 3 day window.   The move was from FT Leonard Wood, Missouri to Pennsylvania.   After I paid the deposit and signed the contract I never heard from them again.   I started calling a week before the 3 day window and nobody woul...[full review]

Moved NJ to CA
DISHONEST MOVERS

My experience with this company was awful.  I contacted this company to know their rates which was followed by several clalls until confirmation of the inventory list. At the time of e-signature to confirm the inventory list (on Friday, 20Sep2013), I was still packing (selling out my furniture) to relocate to CA from NJ. I ga...[full review]

Moved CT to GA
Exceptional Customer Service

Although I had some difficult times with my move with Budget Van Lines, I want to point out that the customer service was exceptional. There are bound to be problems with any move, especially one that includes delivery to a state almost 1,000 miles away (as in my case -- CT to GA). However, it was the constant communication a...[full review]

Moved CA to GA
Dishonest Broker and mover

I selected this company from a number of choices. It was a bad choice. The salesman was not truthful nor was the management. The contracts are written so that the poor performing movers can over charge and hold your belonging until they receive payment. [full review]

Moved CA to AZ
Budget Van Lines

First of all, Budget Van Lines is a broker.  The come on is that they can move you for an amount less than other moving companies.  They originally quoted me $1200 to move a one bedroom apartment from San Diego to the Phoenix, Az area.   I contacted name brands who came out to see what the move entailed and was quoted between...[full review]

Moved CO to TX
Customer Service

This review is for John Matthews only as a representative of Budget.  John got involved the moment this move turned sour.  Budget contracted my move with LD Moving and Storage.  LD was the worse company I could have gotten for this move.  They are unprofessional with respect to their representation of packing and delivery.  T...[full review]

Moved MA to CA
Excellent Cross County Move, Highly Recommend

I had never moved more than 50 miles so I was nervous about a big cross country move going approx 3000 miles. I  decided to do my research and found Budget Van Lines on the web.  I gave them a call and spoke with Debby who was very knowledgable about the moving industry and answered all my questions.  I was most impressed wit...[full review]

Moved IL to NY
John Matthews at Budget Van Lines

Budget Van Lines was an asset with my moving experience. Through all the frustration I had at various points, I always had a direct line with John at Budget to help me out when I needed it. He fielded my phone calls multiple times a day, was always understanding, and helped to the greatest of his ability. Moving is stressful,...[full review]

Moved MO to TX
moving state to state

I looked over the reviews for a number of companies, and chalked up plenty of the poor reviews associated with this firm to inexperience. I have relocated five times in the past 10 years, so believe the veracity of my opinion in contrast to some others. Firstly, I'm a artist, so I know paper tare weight is substantial. Second...[full review]

Moved IL to TX
PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE - DO NOT CHOOSE THEM

I thought it would be a good idea to use this company for a move from Chicago to Austin. As a soon-to-be grad student, I did my research and chose to go with this company due to their cost, convenience, and mediocre reviews (which I found most moving companies to have anyway). I had a somewhat complicated move to do  - I woul...[full review]

Moved CA to FL
I like to move it, move it!

I never had to move my stuff cross-country before, so I didn't know what to expect. I read reviews about many different relocation/moving companies beforehand, and Budget Van-lines seemed to have the better ones. Movers: Keep in mind that you won't really know which contractor Budget Van-lines will go with until the actual mo...[full review]

Moved IL to WA
Excellent Experience

Our son was moving across country and we found Budget Van Lines online when we were looking for options to renting and driving a U-Haul ourselves. From start to finish things went very smoothly. We had great communication with Budget and with the carrier they contracted for our move. The quoted price of approx. $2,000 (basica...[full review]

Moved IL to SC
Move to SC

The movers that picked up and delivered were extremely courteous and professional.  Our furniture was packed well and there were no issues with condition at arrival.  The quote was accurate with no hidden fees involved.  Would recommend Budget based upon this experience.[full review]

Moved NE to NJ
Budget can lines were very accommodating

Budget was very easy to work with, very accommodating and they stuck to their estimate, we are very appreciative for what they have done for us. I will definitely recommend their services to friend and family. Their staff was very helpful through this moving experience.[full review]

Moved FL to CA
Good move, would recommend

We were very happy with the service provided. Everything was absolutely perfect. The carrier was Preferred Relocation and the driver was amazing and very professional. They came on time and made us feel very comfortable and was very nice. Everything was amazing from pickup and delivery and I wish other people to have the same...[full review]

Moved NJ to SC
Customer Service and Sales

Terry in Sales and Mark (Mike?) in Customer Service at Budget Van Lines could not have been more helpful, courteous, and professional.  I have not had such a wonderful experience with Customer Service and Sales people IN YEARS.  They worked with me efficiently and patiently. I am grateful and thankful to them both for providi...[full review]

Moved GA to ME
Would definitely recommend

Everyone I was in contact with during the process was polite and professional in every way.  Calls were returned promptly with information I had requested.  The movers were very poliet and quick.  They seemed to take a lot of care with my belongings.  They were stuck in traffic but called well in advance to let me know the si...[full review]

Moved MT to KS
Excellent, Would recommend

They were very cooperative, friendly and professional.  I would recommend them to anyone who is moving.  All of our stuff arrived in good condition with no damage.  They carefully wrapped and protected all of our furniture and handled it all with care.   They told us they would pick our stuff up between Monday and Wednesday a...[full review]

Moved OH to FL
Budget Van Lines

I contacted Budget Van Lines In August of 2012. I never dreamed I would end up moving in January of 2013. Closing of my house was delayed. Budget was very understanding of me postponing my move and worked with me all the way. Once my belongings were picked up after a cold Cleveland snow storm I was delighted to know I would b...[full review]

Moved IL to CA
Move from Chicago to California - Bad Experience

like many, budget van lines subcontracts the actual driving to truck companies. in this case, they used Moving Central. the delivery arrived late. two bikes were bent (broken). the movers broke a baluster in the stairwell of the home we moved into; they insisted on moving in the front (instead of the back stairwell), and they...[full review]

Moved NY to NV
Aweful

Please don't use this is the worst company a total nightmare told me one price demanded more money at pickup then at delivery....I had to pay 1700 more ...I am a single mother who was taken advantage of...I am gonna say this on every website I can...the drivers are rude and nasty...tried to fight with customer service but the...[full review]

Moved KS to AZ
Warning. RUN!

Warning. They are horrible.  It was a nightmare.  They hired another company to move me.  They sent R&L who loaded it up and then demanded another $900.  They were supposed to store my furniture in AZ but lost it in KS for a month.  Then a 3rd company delivered the furniture.  They tried giving me someone elses vacuum cleaner...[full review]

Moved IA to CA
DON'T use this company

Deception is the name of the game.  I was not told the whole truth.  It was a matter of withholding information.  Another moving company tried to convince me not to use this company, but I didn't listen.  Big mistake!! the movers used more tape than can be imagined and put in on the wood finishes!  One box of dishes arrived i...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Budget Van Lines - a professional mover located in Los Angeles, CA 90036. Discover Los Angeles, California companies.