Budget Van Lines

States of operation: California, United Kingdom, Michigan, Missouri, Connecticut, Kentucky, New York, Texas, Florida, Indiana, Washington, Maryland, West Virginia, Wisconsin, New Mexico, North Dakota, Colorado, Illinois, Oregon, Alabama, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Arkansas, Ohio, Georgia, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, Nebraska, Utah, Tennessee, Arizona, Idaho

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Budget Van Lines.

Budget Van Lines must be registered with the California Public Utilities Commission and must posses a valid CAL-T number in order to operate within the state. Movers must also be registered with the FMCSA to perform interstate moves.

ICC MC number: 512534Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 2233611US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share Budget Van Lines to Facebook Share Budget Van Lines to Twitter

Authentic Budget Van Lines reviews, consumer reports and Budget Van Lines complaints online. Read genuine Budget Van Lines reviews, ratings and testimonials by real customers below. Budget Van Lines is one of the US largest moving brokers licensed by the United States Department of Transportation, working with licensed moving companies only. Household goods transportation broker for interstate moves.

Phones: (800) 611-6001
Address: 5150 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA
Email: charlie@budgetvanlines.com
Website: www.budgetvanlines.com

Total 103 Budget Van Lines Reviews

Moved OH to MA
Relocation Move

Marcus & Darren were on time courteous respectful & efficient. The overall move was a wonderful experience. Please share the professionalism of Marcus & Darren to Randy. Special thank to David K.  Thank you all .   I was the"arranger" for this move for a friend.  This was my first experience with Budget Van lines and I would ...[full review]

Moved CO to GA
Good Experience

My daughter needed to get out of her apartment in Denver but did not have a new apartment in Atlanta for 6 weeks.  Budget helped us navigate this situation, storing her things for the period in between and then delivering them to Atlanta once she had a place there.  We were very impressed with the sales and customer service s...[full review]

Moved AL to CA
My experience

My moving experience from Alabama to California wasn't the best. It took me over two months to receive my belongings which was beyond frustrating! However, Jose Rogue has been amazing. He has helped me so much and has made up for a lot of my frustration! I now don't have such a bitter taste in my mouth for Budget due to Jose'...[full review]

Moved NE to MT
my move

I had difficulty finding movers to move me from Nebraska to Montana. I called everywhere and the quotes were rediculous and the delivery time for my furniture would range from 6 to 8 weeks. When I found Budget Van Lines the quote was within my budget and the delivery time was guaranteed 2 to 14 days after pick up date.  I am ...[full review]

Moved PA to NC
Damaged and missing items

Do not use these movers!  They subcontract with any local cheap mover of their choice.  Most of my items that they packed were damaged, some beyond repair.  The biggest problem was all the "missing" items as they call it.  Some boxes were missing but the ones that did make it had been opened and anything they wanted taken out...[full review]

Moved KS to AZ
Lost/Damaged unhappy and unresolved

We had a short time frame to move from KS to AZ and Budget knew we had never completed a long distance move led us to believe things would be okay.  We understood they were a broker, setting up a company for us to complete the move.  However the information they gave us to review on standings was just for budget and not the t...[full review]

Review with image Review with attached files

Moved WA to CA
Great Company

Budget van lines was very professional and easy to work with. Ryan Marcy, my contact at Budget, did a great job of answering all my questions, following up and providing as much help as he possibly could. He went above and beyond what was expected of him to make me feel at ease about small issues that came up. Iwill always us...[full review]

Moved WA to IL
Professional and courteous

The Budget rep I worked with was very professional, he provided me with good information and was prompt to return several of the calls I made regarding questions about our move. I under estimated our inventory by a substantial amount but the movers still loaded our belongings and did an awesome job unloading our belongings in...[full review]

Moved WA to TX
Move

I was very pleased with Budget from the time I planned my move until I received my belongings. Everyone was very professional and helpful. I would suggest Budget to anyone. ..........................................................................................................................................................[full review]

Scam

This company is out to scam you and steal your money. The agent gave me a quote based on my inventory. I told him that I would have to add items as I was not home. He told me not to worry and that he will over estimate everything for me. Needless to say when the movers came they told me that I was under quoted. Instead of pay...[full review]

Moved CA to NC
My Moms move with Budget Van Lines and John Matthews

Hi. I highly recommend Budget Vane Lines for Moving. I also recommend John Matthews of Budget for your customer service helper. Now let me tell you I had to move my retired mom from Sacramento, California to Salisbury, North Carolina. Moving my mom was difficult because she didnt want to get rid of anything. I did a online se...[full review]

Moved ID to NC
not sure what this is

I made a reservation to move, with the rep Alan. He was very kind, and I felt went out of his way to help me. I had to cancel my move due to the job not being fulfilled, and Budget was very prompt in helping me get my deposit back. I will use this company again when the job is actually there!!  They also had the best price ou...[full review]

Moved OH to FL
Ups and Downs

Recently used Budget Van Lines for a move from Ohio to Florida. I would recommend anyone interested in using this company to be very weary and get EVERY detail in writing. My problems have not come from Budget as much as it has been from the carrier they hired (Precision Moving, Bronx, NY). I caught them trying to scam me on ...[full review]

Moved OH to FL
John Matthews_Excellent Customer Service

I recently started working with Budget Van Lines a week and half ago. I was organizing a reliable but afforable move for my better half. His one bedroom furniture and personal items needed to come from Ohio to Florida where we have our first home together. I had a great and informational talk with Oscare who set us up with ou...[full review]

Moved AZ to ID
painless moving

We found Budget via a relative.  after a disaster with another company who wanted to over charge at pickup, we needed a mover on short notice.  Budget came through.  Great service on short notice.  The delivery drivers called the day before, then the next day to give us a time, then arrived within 30 minutes of that time.  Th...[full review]

Moved AR to TX
Moving with Budget Van Lines

Contacted Budget Van lines to move my furniture. Bad Choice. Movers were late,damaged items and other items were soiled. Budget is not responsible for damages..you mmust contact the movers. Budget seems to be only interested in you paying them. They will explain this part of the process in great detail. In my humble opinion i...[full review]

Moved NY to NC
buget and sub contracter

They gave me a quote By weight and when a company came it looked like a fly by night company, The boss tells me that they were not going to fit everything on the truck and that he would ship it right away, well that was almost three weeks ago!  And that he was charging me by the cubic foot. Well the price  whent up 2000.00$,N...[full review]

Moved IA to CA
Shuttle

I was initially dismayed by the service.  My move cost $500 more than the estimate ($1650).  I was responsible for around $200 of that, for overage in weight and long carry charges.  But the extra $300 was for a shuttle because the semi couldn't make it to my house.  I live on a hill, and there weren't any roads large and str...[full review]

Moved MI to LA
Diasppointing

A bad experience is a understatement for my experience. I used the shipping company for two previous moves and they were great. The agents were rude and did not properly code my order. The sales rep Heather had a very disrepectful tone as though she did me a favor. I would never suggest anyone to use such a company with all o...[full review]

Moved MN to CO
Budget Vanlines

Than you Budget Vanlines!   You made my move so easy.....I feel I made friends with the rep from Budget and the drivers from Southwest Vanlines! The price was right and the timing was perfect for my move.  I was very nervous about doing this without a face to face meeting...I have heard such horror stories about moving compan...[full review]

Moved IL to CA
Best move ever!

I contacted Budget and they were prompt and very clear on how much this would cost. The end cost was exactly what they said.ive moved many time in my life and I have never had such stellar service. From being a consolidator to ring the moving company it was all flawless. Even the movers were incredible. No damages either. I w...[full review]

Moved NY to NM
Budget Van Lines

Let me start out with saying that I read all the nasty reviews on Moving Brokers.  I can tell you that this was NOT my experience with Budget Van Lines.  IT WAS THE BEST MOVING EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD!  I have moved from TX to NM, NM to MN, MN to NY, NY to NY and NY to NM  using moving companies.  I have alot of experience wi...[full review]

Moved WA to CA
Smooth experience

I had a very smooth move recently with Budget Van Lines. They are a mover broker so your actual experience will depend on who they partner with. My movers were on-time, professional, and seemed to take very good care of my stuff. The budget van lines folks provided a very close estimate to the final cost of the move and we...[full review]

Moved IA to AK
Exactly as described

This move went without a hitch. I contacted budget who set me up for around a thousand dollars less than other companies. The movers arrived in the given window, were courteous and moved my things quickly. All my items ended up where they were meant, undamaged, dry, and in perfect condition. I would absolutely recommend. [full review]

Moved MI to CA
Moving

We moved some boxes and a couch from Michigan to California.  We had a few issues with understanding the quote when our stuff was picked up and had some issues with our carpet getting dirty from the movers.  Budget customer service was quick to respond and offered to have our carpets cleaned.  Very impressed with the quality ...[full review]

Moved MI to TX
Excellent easy professional move

I googled economical move and found Budget Van Lines. From my first phone call I was impressed and the complete experience was economical and professional. I was already in Texas when I requested the move in Battle Creek. From the initial inventory conversation with Terry to the final delivery I was very pleased. It was -12 t...[full review]

Moved IL to MO
My move on February 12, 2014

To: Whom It May ConcernBudget VanLines My name is Victoria Smith and I am writing a review concerning my packing and move from Illinois to Missouri on February 12-16, 2014.During a conversation with a man who was asked to come and pack my house in Illinois, I became very concerned about my items as he proceeded to inform me t...[full review]

Moved CT to FL
long distance move

We were very happy to find Budget Van Lines when looking for a way to move some furniture from CT to FL.  Budget connected us with Precision Movers.  They showed up on time and just as we were promised - they wrapped everything in blankets and protected all our belongings.  Our furniture arrived when they said and everything ...[full review]

Moved IN to AL
Customer Service & Follow-up With Budget

I spoke several times to Damon to set up my move then with Ryan from the time it was scheduled until after my items arrived. Ryan was very helpful and courteous. I enjoyed working with him and he was very prompt in providing all the information I needed, including the information in order to file a damage claim! The only dis...[full review]

Moved WV to TX
Excellent Service

I had a wonderful experience with Budget Van Lines  Customer service as well as delivery and pickup guys were very professional and took great care of my furniture. I had constant contact from the company to make sure everything was going as planned.[full review]

Moved CA to IL
Booking and follow up

I was disappointed with G&G shipping because they severely damaged 3 of the 19 pieces of furniture shipped -but budget remained involved till the issues related to this we're settled.  I would recommend getting budget to provide more than one shipping company to choose from.[full review]

Moved TN to TX
Home to home move

The customer service for this company is outstanding.  From the beginning to the end of this moving process it was seamless.  I was phoned several days before the move, the day of the move and again once it was delivered. This was a difficult move for me in that my Mom had passed away and I had several items to pack and send ...[full review]

Moved KS to CA
Budget Van Lines

We hired Budget Van Lines for our recent move.  Overall experience was fine especially with Budget Van Lines.   We have worked with John (Sales professional) and he was very helpful throughout the process.  He took care well and communicated very promptly.  Company is providing competitive rates and that the one reason ...[full review]

Moved CT to WA
Overall Experience

The customer service represenmtative who walked me through several questions and issues was very helpful and speaks very well of the caliber of professionalism that is to be found at Budget!  Moving is no easy task and there are many issues that need attention.  Budget was very helpful in working with us and in answering the ...[full review]

Moved NE to AZ
Smooth Move!

Moving a lifetime worth of stuff is no easy task, the stress and anxiety alone can be daunting. Dan, Tamara, Ron & John were awesome in coordinating my move from Nebraska to Arizona. All items arrived safely and in good condition. I was very pleased with the customer service and thought the representatives did a great job in...[full review]

Moved MN to FL
Reasonable Moving Experience

The movers in MN worked very hard and were on time.  They made a good effort considering our belongings were heavier than expected.  They were very fair about it.   The load we had moved went to storage in IL and due to inclement weather, delivery was delayed - which is understandable.  Delivery to FL was on time.  There was ...[full review]

Moved CO to LA
Comments

John Matthew was very easy to work with. He stayed in constant contact with me, made requests for specific delivery dates for me, was always very professional and very pleasant to speak with! We had never moved this way before and the people at Budget made the process easy, which was nice as moving is very stressful. Thanks J...[full review]

Moved FL to OH
Reviewing BUDGET!

My experience with Budget was overall very good! Using a broker means that one has to expect some issues.  And my issues are with the company they contracted with!  In my case it was with Platinum Van Lines!  The "Pick-Up" was "HOURS' late, just adding to the stress of a big move. Coupled with "Extra Charges" for additiona...[full review]

Moved WA to AZ
Budget Move

Good service and quickly loaded and unloaded my belongings.  Wrapped everything to protect it.  A little unhappy about the price.  I was quoted one price, but after loading belongings, we were off in weight which increased the cost to move substantially.[full review]

Moved NY to TX
disquesting

sorry to say i will neer ever on God's green earth use this company or any broker or moving company again. Dalthom made everything sound so good and assured me all was well..was i setup for a rude and reality awakening..They set with up with a non caring company named Walla. no 24hr call to pcik my belongings. i waited 6hrs i...[full review]

Moved NM to CO
Customer service

My experience with this company was amazing! They were very professional, prompt and stayed in contact with me. They kept me updated on times for pickup, delivery and in between. Jeff from customer service is very professional and courteous, huge props to this guy![full review]

Moved IL to GA
Budget Van Lines Help

So I previously left a review regarding my move that was contracted out by Budget Van Lines. Everything has not been resolved, but Budget Van Lines has tried to make things right. When everything was said and done, representatives of Budget Van Lines have reached out to me to try to rectify the situation. Although they aren't...[full review]

Moved IL to GA
THE WORST MOVING EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IT WILL MAKE YOUR MOVE A NIGHTMAREMy move contracted to On Time Moving, by Budget Van Lines. On Time Moving is on record as being out of business, and is not a BBB accredited business. So many things went wrong I'm just going to leave bullet points of the BS I had to deal with.1.The sales specialist wa...[full review]

5 Stars Service to Budget Van Lines

I used Budget Van lines for my recent move from California to Georgia and I'm glad I did. When doing a move of that distance there is a greater chance of damaged inventory, but NOT with Budget Van line movers. Not only did my furniture arrive in perfect condition, but in a timely manner too! John made sure to stay in communic...[full review]

Moved MO to PA
They cancelled at the last minute

I had made arrangements with Budget to pick up my daughters furniture and had given them the standard 3 day window.   The move was from FT Leonard Wood, Missouri to Pennsylvania.   After I paid the deposit and signed the contract I never heard from them again.   I started calling a week before the 3 day window and nobody woul...[full review]

Moved NJ to CA
DISHONEST MOVERS

My experience with this company was awful.  I contacted this company to know their rates which was followed by several clalls until confirmation of the inventory list. At the time of e-signature to confirm the inventory list (on Friday, 20Sep2013), I was still packing (selling out my furniture) to relocate to CA from NJ. I ga...[full review]

Moved CT to GA
Exceptional Customer Service

Although I had some difficult times with my move with Budget Van Lines, I want to point out that the customer service was exceptional. There are bound to be problems with any move, especially one that includes delivery to a state almost 1,000 miles away (as in my case -- CT to GA). However, it was the constant communication a...[full review]

Dishonest Broker and mover

I selected this company from a number of choices. It was a bad choice. The salesman was not truthful nor was the management. The contracts are written so that the poor performing movers can over charge and hold your belonging until they receive payment. [full review]

Moved CA to AZ
Budget Van Lines

First of all, Budget Van Lines is a broker.  The come on is that they can move you for an amount less than other moving companies.  They originally quoted me $1200 to move a one bedroom apartment from San Diego to the Phoenix, Az area.   I contacted name brands who came out to see what the move entailed and was quoted between...[full review]

Moved CO to TX
Customer Service

This review is for John Matthews only as a representative of Budget.  John got involved the moment this move turned sour.  Budget contracted my move with LD Moving and Storage.  LD was the worse company I could have gotten for this move.  They are unprofessional with respect to their representation of packing and delivery.  T...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Budget Van Lines - a professional mover located in Los Angeles, CA 90036. Discover Los Angeles, California moving companies.