Colonial Van Lines

States of operation: Massachusetts, Colorado, Wisconsin, Georgia, California, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Ohio, Arkansas, New York, Alabama, Kansas, New Mexico, Illinois, Virginia, New Jersey, Texas, Florida, Utah, Missouri, Louisiana, Arizona, Minnesota, Maryland, Kentucky, North Carolina, Iowa, Washington, North Dakota, Oregon, West Virginia, Tennessee, Nevada, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, South Carolina, Mississippi

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Colonial Van Lines.

To legitimately operate within the State of Massachusetts, Colonial Van Lines must be registered with Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (MDPU). They are also required to be registered with the FMCSA if they perform interstate moves.

ICC MC number: 689685Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 1930256US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share Colonial Van Lines to Facebook Share Colonial Van Lines to Twitter

Colonial Van Lines reviews and ratings online. Read Colonial Van Lines complaints, consumer reports and testimonials.

Toll free number: (888) 717-0711
Address: 859 Willard Street 400, Braintree, MA 02184
Email: customer.service@colonialmovers.com
Website: www.colonialmovers.com

Total 249 Colonial Van Lines Reviews

Moved OR to CA
Horrible experience

This was such a horrible experience. The cost was WAY over the estimate price and they were extremely late. Also, many items were broken, missing and dirty. I wish I had dont more research before choosing a moving company, but I just didnt have the time. I had to move very suddenly and was left with a full house and a baby to...[full review]

Moved SC to OH
Worst move of my life

I have moved over 14 times and I thought that another mover was the worst, WOW has I wrong!  Colonial Van Lines is a joke!  The sales person Terrell told me not to worry that  everything was great...1st lie.  then I was given a customer service rep who told me that she would be the only point of contact..,2nd lie.  Then I got...[full review]

Moved MS to NM
Would not allow truck to be weighed

These guys are liars and cheats. The REFUSED to allow my funiture to be wieghed to verify I was $800.00 dollars over weight. Unacceptable delays, NO COMMUNICATION, surly, disengaged staff and movers...They should be put out of business...LIARS, CHEATS, SCOUNDRELS, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE...[full review]

Moved PA to TX
Dishonest about price

They quoted me a price and went back on it a few days later. When I tried to cancel my reservation they refused. Just flat out refused to cancel it or let me talk to a manager. After 15 minutes I finally was able to speak to a manager who was trying to push me into arguing with him. Probably so he would have something on reco...[full review]

Moved MD to TX
Scammers - Colonial Van Lines and Relo Van Lines

After several failed promises to pick up and transport our stuff, delivery has also failed after multiple promises without reason or compensation. On 12/19/2013, I signed a contract with colonial van relocation to transport our household belongings from Severn, Maryland to Haltom City, Texas. According to the contract, they w...[full review]

Moved OH to WA
Moving experience

Please do not use this company. You will regret it. I moved from Ohio to Washington. The company was late picking up my belongings and even though they knew the size of my house, there was not enough room in the truck to take all my stuff. They had to make a 2nd trip. They charged me 1500 dollars more over than the estimate. ...[full review]

Moved TX to LA
COLONIAL VAN LINES -TERRIBLE SERVICE

My family and I have moved quite a bit over the years as my work requires it.  Colonial Van Lines was the absolute worst I have ever dealt with and I wouldn't recommend them to move a towel across the bathroom.   They showed up 2 days  late to begin with to load the household. We weren't there as we had already moved our fami...[full review]

Moved KY to TX
Terrible experience

I have moved over 22 times in my career. I have moved with almost every major moving company and have never had an experience as bad as this one. There were lies about costs, falsified records, poor treatment of my belongings and terrible customer service. I have tried to get them to work with me with minimal success. They di...[full review]

Moved OH to TX
TERRIBLE! LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING!

PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!  It's been nearly a year and their services are still haunting me and driving me nuts!  I told them the max amount that I could pay for the services requested was $2,000 and they assured me many times over and over that I would easily fall under that amount.  When they came to pick up my stuff, I h...[full review]

Moved TX to WA
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

PLEASE READ - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY under any circumstances. They just finished my relo from Texas to Washington and both of my large, expensive plasma TV's were stolen as well as my home computer (new iMac) with all of the files (thankfully I backed up in the last couple of years).  This company does not in anyway do the m...[full review]

Moved PA to FL
Deposit

I planned a move to Florida and was contacted by Scott P from Colonial Van Lines. To reserve the moving date, I had to put down a deposit immediately. When my plans fell through, I called to cancel the move on September 3rd. It took this company until September 25 to give me my money back, after calling, emailing, begging and...[full review]

Moved PA to AL
BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS!!

STAY AWAY!!!!   This company isn't a moving company, they are a BROKER.  Know what that means?  It means they hire some cheapo company to come to your home and move your things.  Then they make you sign papers that they're not responsible for any damages.  The sales rep will spin you a great tale about "in house carriers"  th...[full review]

Moved AZ to CO
Dishonest company

Do not sign their paperwork typical bait and switch they under quote you on everything and then they lie about the final weight proof from weigh stations tell you they lie about the weight. theb they up charge by a minimum of 1000. Help put these dishonest nasty people out of business please do not use them! I have no idea...[full review]

Moved MD to PA
Two dollars shy of Felony Fraud

This was the worst rip off attemp ever.  This company should be put out of business.  I am going to contact the Attorney Generals in both state lines where these crooks crossed.  They attempted to rip me off on my move by almost 2000lbs.  What they didn't realize I had just moved my items for work through a good and trusted p...[full review]

Moved AR to FL
Moving charges

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST!!! After having moved 6 times in my adult life I have never experienced any business that operates as poorly as this one. First off the job was a binding not to exceed bid of 6200 pounds. When the driver showed up with no tools at 5:00 in the evening to load the truck he walked through in five minutes sai...[full review]

Moved MA to IL
A terrible, dishonest, awful company - never use them!

I arranged my move in April with a move date of end July and spoke to a customer sales person who was extremely helpful and reassuring.  As soon as I had signed the agreement and put down the deposit I heard nothing from them.  I contacted the agent five times in the month before moving and got no response.  When I finally go...[full review]

Moved ID to FL
Bad move with Colonial

Movers showed up in an old unmarked truck, not Colonial Van Lines equipment.  Drivers spoke little english.  Late by four days. Professional loading however.  Late on arrival.  Old truck leaked so many boxes soaking wet.  Completely ruined many photos and destroyed antique dining table.  Chatty followup but avoided discussion...[full review]

Moved TX to FL
A Very Negative Experien ce

I wish I had read the reviews of Colonial prior to contracting with Colonial Van Lines to more our belongings from Texas to Florida.  They picked up our things on time. However, they took a box containing jewelry that was clearly marked "Do Not Take." The box was never delivered. It contained my grandmother's wedding ring and...[full review]

Moved VT to LA
Worst Experience!

My family was moving to New Orleans from Vermont.  We received quotes from several moving companies and entered into a "binding contract" with Colonial Van Lines to move our furniture and belongings.  They provided us with a 2 day pick up window and instructed us that they would contact us to schedule the move within 24 hours...[full review]

Moved MN to TX
moving? Beware!!!!

I moved from minnesota to Texas. The price quote was great so I ignored the reviews and dismissed them as aone time incident. Anyways my stuff was supposed to be moved over a week ago. I had called them late April to schedule my move and I just canceled yesterday. I tried to give them a chance to rectify Their mistake but it ...[full review]

Moved ID to CA
Terrible

The worst moving company I have ever dealt with.  The most stressful time of my life.  There was absolutely no communication with the moving company and the drivers, they also chose a diferrent moving company to deliver my items. I have several items within boxes that were damaged beyond repair and can never be replaced.  I d...[full review]

Moved within FL
Best Move Ever

We moved from Florida to Wisconsin on March 24, 2013. The driver, Michael, called 2 days before the move to see if they could come a day early. We told him it was okay. He came by himself becasue his helper did not show up. We had everything packed. He did an excellent job. He arrived in Wisconsin early the mornig of March 27...[full review]

Moved CA to OK
The WORST MOVERS EVER !!!

NEVER use this company!!!  They created a total moving NIGHTMARE for myself and my family !!!  They are totally unprofessional and incompetent.  The driver (Tony Medina) was the WORST with his extremely bad attitude, unprofessionalism, disrespectful, rude, and argumentativeness at both pickup and delivery.  He even bragged ...[full review]

Moved TN to CA
Forced to File a Lawsuit against Colonial - 37 Days to Deliver

It's difficult to put into words....This experience was horrendous.   Last spring, my family and I moved across country from Nashville, TN to Los Angeles CA. We were picked up on 3/9/12 and were not delivered until 4/14/12. They held our belongings for a total of 37 days.   My 1 year old daughter slept in pack-n-play and my ...[full review]

Moved KS to TX
Do Not Hire Research All Options

I am discovering we have fallen in the same situation as many others who have left reviews for this company.  I should have known things would not go well when they scheduled a Sunday delivery.  My husband made the contract with this company.  If I had seen these reviews I would never have used them.  It seems the delivery dr...[full review]

Moved MN to CA
damaged goods and poor service

We moved from Minnesota to California in June 2012. We hired Colonial Van Lines for the move, and they gave the job to Best Price Moving & Storage, Inc. The movers picked up our household goods on June 10 and were delivered on June 28. We paid colonial Van Lines/Best Price Moving & Storage 4,833.92 to move our household arti...[full review]

Moved CO to TX
Don't use these guys!!!

The movers showed up late to pick up my goods.  The crew was having internal fights amongst themselves and were all going to quit because they were unhappy with the company. I told by the movers they would be at my location in TX in 4-5 days.  To date the scheduled time for their arrival is 21 days after pickup and they still...[full review]

Moved TX to NY
Customer Service

My experience with Colonial was not at all what I expected. The reason why I went with Colonial over other similar offers was that Tracey Brown, moving consultant, assured me that she would be my main point of contact throughout the whole process and that she would take care of everything. However, I ended up receiving phone ...[full review]

Moved MS to TX
NEVER USE COLONIAL VAN LINES!

From the minute I signed contract, not one thing happened as promised or expected. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE company with no care or concern for the customer. I paid for a full-move (packing, materials, moving, etc.).  They sub-contracted my move (was promised it was not) to the worst every movers---unprofessional, showed ...[full review]

Moved IN to PA
Terrible experience

Set up the move, and within the 1st day, they changed the pick-up date and delivery date.  After 3 reschedules, the truck arrived already half full and couldn't take my load.  SO, they wanted to reschedule AGAIN, and $1900 quote jumped up to almost $4,000!  Was passed to several people, and so many calls later, I finally deci...[full review]

Moved NM to CA
Don't believe anything they say

The quote was estimated way too low, but I did not realize this until about a week before the move. I was promised a pick up window of two days, the pick up happened the day after that.  My delivery date was a window of 2 weeks and the delivery happened a week later.   It seemed I could never get a straight answer from anyone...[full review]

Moved MI to FL
Worst Move Ever

I contracted with Colonial Van Lines to move the remains of my recently deceased father’s household from Michigan to my home in Florida on July 22 2011 between 10 am and 2 pm.  I called at 220 pm to be told they were 15 minutes away and they would call me soon.  After hearing nothing, I called again at 315 and was on hold for...[full review]

Moved MA to FL
Moving is a Pain!!

We hired Colonial Van Lines to move our things from Seattle, WA to Coral Springs, FL. We were told out belongings would arrive in 2 weeks. In reality, it was 3 weeks after our pickup date!!! I deserve some compesation for their lateness. Filling a claim right now![full review]

Moved OH to FL
Complete scam company, please don't waste your money

This was the absolute worst company I have EVER hired. They quoted us at $1500, but when they showed up to move us, they changed the price to over $5500. Not only were the employees rude, the "manager" was absolutely unprofessional, mean, and used verabally abusive and offensive language. They did not end up moving our stuff ...[full review]

Moved VA to CA
DO NOT HIRE COLONIAL FOR ANYTHING

RUN, DON’T WALK AWAY FROM COLONIAL VAN LINES! Not only is Colonial Van Lines the worst moving company I have dealt with, they represent the single worst experience I have ever had with any company.  While I would expect some damage and/or breakage to occur in any move, the “service” Colonial provided totally lacked profession...[full review]

Moved NY to RI
WORDS WILL NOT EXPRESS HOW BAD.....

I was contacted by Colonial Relo in mid October after putting in an online request, I would have preferred to have been able to be at my house to have an estimate completed on sight.  However, we had already relocated out of state.  I was given an original quote by the salesperson and was sent what look like a legitimate movi...[full review]

Moved OR to CO
Nightmare Colonial Van Lines Moving

I'm sorry for the delay in doing this review, but I've been busy repairing and replacing my damaged furniture, as well as replacing the property that was missing or stolen during my horrible Colonial Van Lines Moving experience last year. But then, it only took them 5 (Five) weeks to move me from Oregon to Colorado.    It see...[full review]

Moved LA to TX
Damages and Lateness

The majority of the furniture items moved by Colonial were either scratched or dented in some manner.  Movers insisted on dragging the refrigerator across the wood floor in the dining room and damaged it as well.  Their offer was only $366.00 in compensation!  The movers were two days later than quoted for pickup and a da...[full review]

Moved TN to SC
Bad Bad Bad

I hired this company to relocate me from Memphis,TN to Myrtle Beach, SC.  I was contacted by numerous moving companies because of an online request for information.  I did choose this company to complete my move, albeit after careful consideration.   But once I paid a $900 deposit towards the move, this company has been almos...[full review]

Moved AR to PA
Don't do it

I was told my pick up date was goping to be on Oct 27 0r 28th. After not hearing form them on 26 or 27th,I was frist told that the truck had broken down after not hearing form them later that day I was told the last pick up had more items then they excepted and they did'nt have room.  When I told them I had to be out of my ap...[full review]

Moved SC to TX
DON'T TRUST COLONIAL VAN LINES OR AMERICAN VAN LINES!!!! THEY LIE ~~~

After paying over three thousand dollars for a move that was delayed,  I wound up having to put my belongings into storage, and wound up finding out that after I signed the papers that I am not elgible for getting damaged payments for items broken damaged and stolen!!!! I was suppose to open all my boxes and check every item ...[full review]

Moved VA to MA
NEVER USE COLONIAL VAN LINES!

I have never seen such a poorly run organization.  My pick up took 16 hours to load 6,600 lbs - 90% of which was already boxed.  They were supposed to pack the china and the kitchen but at 11:00 PM I just did it myself because otherwise we weren't I had to load half of the goods to get it done in this amount of time. They scr...[full review]

Terrible

DON'T EVER use this company for moving.First of all they were two days late picking up my items and two weeks delivery. The pick up was two days late and I needed a Power of Attorney at my house since I already left. They called me on the way down to Florida and expected me to stop somewhere to get a fax and Notary. Are they ...[full review]

Hostage - Harrasment

PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE STORY Our materials were picked up on September 17th in Ohio and was told it would be delivered on September 24th.  They never called on the 24th and we reached out they said the 26th. Never called on the 26th and said it would be delivered on the September 29th or 30th.  That is not even 1% of the prob...[full review]

Moved SC to MS
Colonal, American, and Relo Van Lines

Around the middle of May I went online and searched for van lines for my move from Florence, SC to New Albany, MS at the end of June, with storage for 30 days since my home in MS was being renovated.  I filled out a form requesting quotes from van lines and received 3 calls the next day – from Nationwide Relocation, Colonial ...[full review]

Moved TX to CT
Dishonesty is not the best policy!!!

Could not believe that there is a company that preys upon customers during such a vulnerable stressful time. Well, I found the company that did just that, Colonial Van Lines! I was told by Renzo Zamora... And I Quote, "your move will not cost you more than $2651.51, and this is me giving you the worst case scenario." All I ha...[full review]

Moved CA to AZ
Worst Company

Worst service ever already got my attornies dealing with these unprofessional company with its employees they quote you a price and once you agree the price triples. WILL NEVER EVER recommend to anybody to use this bull company. They are a scam they cheat consumers and make you sign blanks so they can fruadulently feel out th...[full review]

Moved NC to MO
Do you want to put Colonial Van Lines Out of Business?

I will start of by saying this...I am a law abiding citizen. My husband and I have worked hard for everything we have and we were not blessed with deep trust funds from our families but I am thankful for that because it has molded us into who we are and taught us to appreciate everything we have. We don't  lie, cheat, steal a...[full review]

Review with attached files

Moved OH to WA
colonial van lines worst movers don't use them

colonial van lines are the worst movers ever, even aliens can even do a better job our dining tables were scratched all paint came of we reported  a stolen 1500 dollar tv and a stolen 500 dollar monitor and 100 dollar stolen printer everything was so damaged, so much dirt on everything shit we lost so much valubale things eve...[full review]

Moved TX to VA
Liars

My pick up date was aug 15 they came aug 16 and were 10 hrs late and never called. They requested $500 which I was told we pay upon delivery it took them 3 hrs to load my stuff and the drive said because of my pool tbl it would make my load which was less than 3000lbs be 5000lbs which is ridicules my pool table only weighs ...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Colonial Van Lines - a professional mover located in Braintree, MA 02184. Discover Braintree, Massachusetts companies.