Colonial Van Lines

States of operation: Massachusetts, Colorado, Wisconsin, Georgia, California, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Ohio, Arkansas, New York, Alabama, Kansas, New Mexico, Illinois, Virginia, New Jersey, Texas, Florida, Utah, Missouri, Louisiana, Arizona, Minnesota, Maryland, Kentucky, North Carolina, Iowa, Washington, North Dakota, Oregon, West Virginia, Tennessee, Nevada, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, South Carolina, Mississippi

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Colonial Van Lines.

To legitimately operate within the State of Massachusetts, Colonial Van Lines must be registered with Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (MDPU). They are also required to be registered with the FMCSA if they perform interstate moves.

ICC MC number: 689685Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 1930256US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share Colonial Van Lines to Facebook Share Colonial Van Lines to Twitter

Colonial Van Lines reviews and ratings online. Read Colonial Van Lines complaints, consumer reports and testimonials.

Toll free number: (888) 717-0711
Address: 859 Willard Street 400, Braintree, MA 02184, USA
Email: customer.service@colonialmovers.com
Website: www.colonialmovers.com

Total 262 Colonial Van Lines Reviews

Moved MN to ID
Failure to pick up goods

Don't get scammed by this company!!! I set up my move 1 month ago and paid a hefty deposit. I was told there would be a 2day window for pick up. I flew into town especially on those given dates but for 2 days was on the phone with numerous people from the company trying to find out when they would arrive. After two days of ru...[full review]

Moved NC to CA
Terrible Moving Company

Benjamin was actually an ok Rep.   It was the follow up of Camelita Phillips and James who is their Customer Service Escalation specialist.  Both are just flat out liars and only tell you what you want to hear.  If I had a dollar for each time they said "I'm sorry" or "I apologize", my move could have been paid for.   Terribl...[full review]

Moved MI to FL
Awful move and a 1 star rating is too high

This is our eleventh move and if we combined the disappointments of the first ten and multiplied that one hundred fold it wouldn't come close to how awful an experience this has been.  Our salesperson was Daniel Mattson and we are still waiting for anything he said to actually materialize the way he said it would. For exam...[full review]

Moved IN to SC
Worst decision I have ever made

There is a complete lack of communication and misrepresentation of the company and they use the absolute worst moving companies around. They grossly under estimate and overcharge. I would contract them to move a doghouse across the street. Now that we are unpacking we are finding items weren't wrapped or protect or packed pro...[full review]

Moved MI to CA
Don't use them

Short story: booking my move through this company was a bad decision. The process was stressful, customer service did not answer my questions in a way that was timely or considerate, they overcharged me, they were late (I also found out from the driver that my things sat in a warehouse for about 4 weeks not moving), and on ar...[full review]

Moved VA to CA
Still waiting...subcontractors beware

It's been almost one month since Colonial Van Lines took possession of our property.  It is important to note that Colonial Van Lines does not move your goods.  Instead, they rely on unreliable subcontractors to pick up and deliver.  Thus far, the original subcontractor just decided to breach his duty of care and ditch our go...[full review]

Moved VA to TX
Very poor experience

I contacted several moving companies for quotes to move from Richmond VA to Dallas TX. I chose Colonial Van Lines Relocation Services. The first moving coordinator who provided the quote seemed to be very honest and upfront with costs and what services they would provide. I made it very clear several times during the 30 min...[full review]

Moved GA to VA
MOVING COMPANY- THE WORST

This it the most unprofessional company. Many of our items were damaged, lost or stolen.  They didn't even send a big enough vehicle to load our belongings.  EVERY room in our home has damaged furniture because of their people.  Two  guys driving to our new home three states away, were convicted felons. all we had to do was g...[full review]

Moved within FL
Company

I was fooled into colonial van line sales pitch also. I was offered a position as a Customer Account Manager within their company to find out its a call center with unprofessional kids taking care of customers moving accounts. It's a broiler room with madness all over. But the real lies start in the Sales Department they lead...[full review]

Moved within NM
horrible company

Possessions picked up 2 days late delivered4 days late. Was HARASSED about payment 2 days BEFORE delivery. Boxes smashed and priceless possessions destroyed despite be labeled FRAGILE in big bold lettering. Never could get same person on phone and no-one knew what was going on. They even jacked up the "price per pound" A day ...[full review]

Moved within AR
Dont use it

After seeing the reviews I felt Why did I not see these before using the service. Sooo bad... didnt come in the said pickup dates. Also didnt deliver in the dates mentioned. After mentioning about all the items abt the pickup..at the time of delivery they suddenly increased the price saying the stuff was weighing more. For fe...[full review]

Moved NV to CA
dishonest about evwrything

My delivery was 4 days late and whe I kept calling them they said they didn't ha e the paperwork from third party contractor. In fact my stuff was in a warehouse one town over for 2 days and they did have the paperwork to process the delivery. My stuff was broken and damaged with no offer to make good or apology. They lied r...[full review]

Moved OR to CA
Horrible experience

This was such a horrible experience. The cost was WAY over the estimate price and they were extremely late. Also, many items were broken, missing and dirty. I wish I had dont more research before choosing a moving company, but I just didnt have the time. I had to move very suddenly and was left with a full house and a baby to...[full review]

Moved NC to MI
AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

the most absolute worst company. Put my bf and i (36 weeks pregnant) through a lot of bs, fustration, and uneeded stress. Was 3 days late, was never reachable, could not give us a delivery date we had no way of creating ourself a schedule. didnt know how many nights to book at a hotel. then when they finally arrived were miss...[full review]

Moved SC to OH
Worst move of my life

I have moved over 14 times and I thought that another mover was the worst, WOW has I wrong!  Colonial Van Lines is a joke!  The sales person Terrell told me not to worry that  everything was great...1st lie.  then I was given a customer service rep who told me that she would be the only point of contact..,2nd lie.  Then I got...[full review]

Moved MS to NM
Would not allow truck to be weighed

These guys are liars and cheats. The REFUSED to allow my funiture to be wieghed to verify I was $800.00 dollars over weight. Unacceptable delays, NO COMMUNICATION, surly, disengaged staff and movers...They should be put out of business...LIARS, CHEATS, SCOUNDRELS, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE...[full review]

Moved PA to TX
Dishonest about price

They quoted me a price and went back on it a few days later. When I tried to cancel my reservation they refused. Just flat out refused to cancel it or let me talk to a manager. After 15 minutes I finally was able to speak to a manager who was trying to push me into arguing with him. Probably so he would have something on reco...[full review]

Moved MD to TX
Scammers - Colonial Van Lines and Relo Van Lines

After several failed promises to pick up and transport our stuff, delivery has also failed after multiple promises without reason or compensation. On 12/19/2013, I signed a contract with colonial van relocation to transport our household belongings from Severn, Maryland to Haltom City, Texas. According to the contract, they w...[full review]

Moved OH to WA
Moving experience

Please do not use this company. You will regret it. I moved from Ohio to Washington. The company was late picking up my belongings and even though they knew the size of my house, there was not enough room in the truck to take all my stuff. They had to make a 2nd trip. They charged me 1500 dollars more over than the estimate. ...[full review]

Moved TX to LA
COLONIAL VAN LINES -TERRIBLE SERVICE

My family and I have moved quite a bit over the years as my work requires it.  Colonial Van Lines was the absolute worst I have ever dealt with and I wouldn't recommend them to move a towel across the bathroom.   They showed up 2 days  late to begin with to load the household. We weren't there as we had already moved our fami...[full review]

Moved KY to TX
Terrible experience

I have moved over 22 times in my career. I have moved with almost every major moving company and have never had an experience as bad as this one. There were lies about costs, falsified records, poor treatment of my belongings and terrible customer service. I have tried to get them to work with me with minimal success. They di...[full review]

Moved OH to TX
TERRIBLE! LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING!

PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!  It's been nearly a year and their services are still haunting me and driving me nuts!  I told them the max amount that I could pay for the services requested was $2,000 and they assured me many times over and over that I would easily fall under that amount.  When they came to pick up my stuff, I h...[full review]

Moved TX to WA
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

PLEASE READ - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY under any circumstances. They just finished my relo from Texas to Washington and both of my large, expensive plasma TV's were stolen as well as my home computer (new iMac) with all of the files (thankfully I backed up in the last couple of years).  This company does not in anyway do the m...[full review]

Moved PA to FL
Deposit

I planned a move to Florida and was contacted by Scott P from Colonial Van Lines. To reserve the moving date, I had to put down a deposit immediately. When my plans fell through, I called to cancel the move on September 3rd. It took this company until September 25 to give me my money back, after calling, emailing, begging and...[full review]

Moved PA to AL
BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS!!

STAY AWAY!!!!   This company isn't a moving company, they are a BROKER.  Know what that means?  It means they hire some cheapo company to come to your home and move your things.  Then they make you sign papers that they're not responsible for any damages.  The sales rep will spin you a great tale about "in house carriers"  th...[full review]

Moved AZ to CO
Dishonest company

Do not sign their paperwork typical bait and switch they under quote you on everything and then they lie about the final weight proof from weigh stations tell you they lie about the weight. theb they up charge by a minimum of 1000. Help put these dishonest nasty people out of business please do not use them! I have no idea...[full review]

Moved MD to PA
Two dollars shy of Felony Fraud

This was the worst rip off attemp ever.  This company should be put out of business.  I am going to contact the Attorney Generals in both state lines where these crooks crossed.  They attempted to rip me off on my move by almost 2000lbs.  What they didn't realize I had just moved my items for work through a good and trusted p...[full review]

Moved AR to FL
Moving charges

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST!!! After having moved 6 times in my adult life I have never experienced any business that operates as poorly as this one. First off the job was a binding not to exceed bid of 6200 pounds. When the driver showed up with no tools at 5:00 in the evening to load the truck he walked through in five minutes sai...[full review]

Moved MA to IL
A terrible, dishonest, awful company - never use them!

I arranged my move in April with a move date of end July and spoke to a customer sales person who was extremely helpful and reassuring.  As soon as I had signed the agreement and put down the deposit I heard nothing from them.  I contacted the agent five times in the month before moving and got no response.  When I finally go...[full review]

Moved ID to FL
Bad move with Colonial

Movers showed up in an old unmarked truck, not Colonial Van Lines equipment.  Drivers spoke little english.  Late by four days. Professional loading however.  Late on arrival.  Old truck leaked so many boxes soaking wet.  Completely ruined many photos and destroyed antique dining table.  Chatty followup but avoided discussion...[full review]

Moved TX to FL
A Very Negative Experien ce

I wish I had read the reviews of Colonial prior to contracting with Colonial Van Lines to more our belongings from Texas to Florida.  They picked up our things on time. However, they took a box containing jewelry that was clearly marked "Do Not Take." The box was never delivered. It contained my grandmother's wedding ring and...[full review]

Moved VT to LA
Worst Experience!

My family was moving to New Orleans from Vermont.  We received quotes from several moving companies and entered into a "binding contract" with Colonial Van Lines to move our furniture and belongings.  They provided us with a 2 day pick up window and instructed us that they would contact us to schedule the move within 24 hours...[full review]

Moved MN to TX
moving? Beware!!!!

I moved from minnesota to Texas. The price quote was great so I ignored the reviews and dismissed them as aone time incident. Anyways my stuff was supposed to be moved over a week ago. I had called them late April to schedule my move and I just canceled yesterday. I tried to give them a chance to rectify Their mistake but it ...[full review]

Moved ID to CA
Terrible

The worst moving company I have ever dealt with.  The most stressful time of my life.  There was absolutely no communication with the moving company and the drivers, they also chose a diferrent moving company to deliver my items. I have several items within boxes that were damaged beyond repair and can never be replaced.  I d...[full review]

Moved within FL
Best Move Ever

We moved from Florida to Wisconsin on March 24, 2013. The driver, Michael, called 2 days before the move to see if they could come a day early. We told him it was okay. He came by himself becasue his helper did not show up. We had everything packed. He did an excellent job. He arrived in Wisconsin early the mornig of March 27...[full review]

Moved CA to OK
The WORST MOVERS EVER !!!

NEVER use this company!!!  They created a total moving NIGHTMARE for myself and my family !!!  They are totally unprofessional and incompetent.  The driver (Tony Medina) was the WORST with his extremely bad attitude, unprofessionalism, disrespectful, rude, and argumentativeness at both pickup and delivery.  He even bragged ...[full review]

Moved TN to CA
Forced to File a Lawsuit against Colonial - 37 Days to Deliver

It's difficult to put into words....This experience was horrendous.   Last spring, my family and I moved across country from Nashville, TN to Los Angeles CA. We were picked up on 3/9/12 and were not delivered until 4/14/12. They held our belongings for a total of 37 days.   My 1 year old daughter slept in pack-n-play and my ...[full review]

Moved KS to TX
Do Not Hire Research All Options

I am discovering we have fallen in the same situation as many others who have left reviews for this company.  I should have known things would not go well when they scheduled a Sunday delivery.  My husband made the contract with this company.  If I had seen these reviews I would never have used them.  It seems the delivery dr...[full review]

Moved MN to CA
damaged goods and poor service

We moved from Minnesota to California in June 2012. We hired Colonial Van Lines for the move, and they gave the job to Best Price Moving & Storage, Inc. The movers picked up our household goods on June 10 and were delivered on June 28. We paid colonial Van Lines/Best Price Moving & Storage 4,833.92 to move our household arti...[full review]

Moved CO to TX
Don't use these guys!!!

The movers showed up late to pick up my goods.  The crew was having internal fights amongst themselves and were all going to quit because they were unhappy with the company. I told by the movers they would be at my location in TX in 4-5 days.  To date the scheduled time for their arrival is 21 days after pickup and they still...[full review]

Moved TX to NY
Customer Service

My experience with Colonial was not at all what I expected. The reason why I went with Colonial over other similar offers was that Tracey Brown, moving consultant, assured me that she would be my main point of contact throughout the whole process and that she would take care of everything. However, I ended up receiving phone ...[full review]

Moved MS to TX
NEVER USE COLONIAL VAN LINES!

From the minute I signed contract, not one thing happened as promised or expected. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE company with no care or concern for the customer. I paid for a full-move (packing, materials, moving, etc.).  They sub-contracted my move (was promised it was not) to the worst every movers---unprofessional, showed ...[full review]

Moved IN to PA
Terrible experience

Set up the move, and within the 1st day, they changed the pick-up date and delivery date.  After 3 reschedules, the truck arrived already half full and couldn't take my load.  SO, they wanted to reschedule AGAIN, and $1900 quote jumped up to almost $4,000!  Was passed to several people, and so many calls later, I finally deci...[full review]

Moved NM to CA
Don't believe anything they say

The quote was estimated way too low, but I did not realize this until about a week before the move. I was promised a pick up window of two days, the pick up happened the day after that.  My delivery date was a window of 2 weeks and the delivery happened a week later.   It seemed I could never get a straight answer from anyone...[full review]

Moved MI to FL
Worst Move Ever

I contracted with Colonial Van Lines to move the remains of my recently deceased father’s household from Michigan to my home in Florida on July 22 2011 between 10 am and 2 pm.  I called at 220 pm to be told they were 15 minutes away and they would call me soon.  After hearing nothing, I called again at 315 and was on hold for...[full review]

Moved MA to FL
Moving is a Pain!!

We hired Colonial Van Lines to move our things from Seattle, WA to Coral Springs, FL. We were told out belongings would arrive in 2 weeks. In reality, it was 3 weeks after our pickup date!!! I deserve some compesation for their lateness. Filling a claim right now![full review]

Moved OH to FL
Complete scam company, please don't waste your money

This was the absolute worst company I have EVER hired. They quoted us at $1500, but when they showed up to move us, they changed the price to over $5500. Not only were the employees rude, the "manager" was absolutely unprofessional, mean, and used verabally abusive and offensive language. They did not end up moving our stuff ...[full review]

Moved VA to CA
DO NOT HIRE COLONIAL FOR ANYTHING

RUN, DON’T WALK AWAY FROM COLONIAL VAN LINES! Not only is Colonial Van Lines the worst moving company I have dealt with, they represent the single worst experience I have ever had with any company.  While I would expect some damage and/or breakage to occur in any move, the “service” Colonial provided totally lacked profession...[full review]

Moved NY to RI
WORDS WILL NOT EXPRESS HOW BAD.....

I was contacted by Colonial Relo in mid October after putting in an online request, I would have preferred to have been able to be at my house to have an estimate completed on sight.  However, we had already relocated out of state.  I was given an original quote by the salesperson and was sent what look like a legitimate movi...[full review]

Moved OR to CO
Nightmare Colonial Van Lines Moving

I'm sorry for the delay in doing this review, but I've been busy repairing and replacing my damaged furniture, as well as replacing the property that was missing or stolen during my horrible Colonial Van Lines Moving experience last year. But then, it only took them 5 (Five) weeks to move me from Oregon to Colorado.    It see...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Colonial Van Lines - a professional mover located in Braintree, MA 02184. Discover Braintree, Massachusetts moving companies.