DMV Moving and Storage Inc.

States of operation: Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, West Virginia

Write moving reviewWrite a review on DMV Moving and Storage Inc..

Click on the DMV Moving and Storage Inc. license numbers for the government record information:

ICC MC number: 742278Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 2131178US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share DMV Moving and Storage Inc. to Facebook Share DMV Moving and Storage Inc. to Twitter

DMV Moving and Storage reviews and ratings by real customers of the business. Read DMV Moving and Storage Inc testimonials, complaints and consumer reports by actual customers of the business.

Phones: (301) 476-1888
Address: 5000 Boiling Brook Parkway, Rockville, MD 20852
Email: info@dmvmoving.com
Website: www.dmvmoving.com

Total 35 DMV Moving and Storage Inc. Reviews

Thieves

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for the following reasons:   1.They misrepresent themselves. I was told that they workers were bonded. This is not true-When I asked for their credentials they could not provide it and  only two spoke english. It was clear that their workers are Day Workers from the street corner. 2. They provid...[full review]

DMV moving and storage

Benjamin provided me with a straight forwarded realistic quote via e-mail.  Moving crew showed up on time, worked very hard and very fast.  They protected all furniture, boxes by wrapping them.  They were very efficient.  Excellent experience.[full review]

Excellent

Excellent job. My move was completed on time, with no damages and no surprises. They are reliable, efficient and really friendly guys. Hiring a reputable moving company will save you time and give you the piece of mind you need on moving day. Highly recommend them! Thanks a lot.[full review]

Moved within VA
They are total fraud. Stay away from these people.

I called "DMV Moving and Storage" for moving.  they give me price Quote to camper with other moving companies price. They gave me $350 for 1 Bed room. but when they come (one day late they should come on Saturday, they appeared on Sunday!) they told me I have to pay $150 more for roping up and one hour more! it is $500. So if...[full review]

Horrible - don't hire

Our movers showed up on time. However, that's about the only thing that went right. We were quoted that our move would take 3 hours from start to finish. It took them 3 hours just to load the truck. They were very chatty with each other and were taking their time loading up instead of getting to work and getting finished.  W...[full review]

Super price

The price was great for such a wonderful, professional company. They moved me twice and each time they did a great job and we're very helpful and nice. Really a great company. [full review]

Excellent Work Ethic

Movers were amazingly professional with an excellent work ethic...pricing was just as quoted even after multiple changed dates due to closing issues.  The gentlemen were diligent in keeping on task to ensure timing guidelines wer maintained while paying great care for all my valuables.  They took (1) small break after asking ...[full review]

Exceeded my expectations

I'm extremely pleased with this company.  The guys arrived on time at the house.  They wrapped up pieces that needed special care (at no extra charge).   They worked really hard all day (12 hours straight).  The price was great, and they were all very respectful and careful.  They charged me the exact price they quoted me. Th...[full review]

Moved within VA
The move was the easy part!

I was so pleased with the professionalism of the whole process with DMV Movers, from the estimate to the delivery. I thought the cost of the move seemed fair, the estimate was spot-on, and the men who moved me were so patient with my unreadiness and indecisiveness as to the placement of some of my pieces. [full review]

Amazing Customer Service w/obstacles

Used a mover for the first time ever this past Friday, and would use DMV Movers again in the future especially if I can request the same crew.  From beginning to end the estimate was far and put in writing.  When the guys showed up they worked without complaint even though its was late in the evening, and they didn't stall to...[full review]

Moved within WV
poor experience

I was surprised that items needing protection would cost more. They wanted to add $ 500 to cover tv and glass cabinet. No mention of this in the talk about cost. Then the added fee for travel. Be careful some parts and jewlery is missing and after 3weeks still no response after repeated calls. Find another mover.[full review]

Moved DC to MD
Moving Review

I am extremely satisfied with the professional moving and customer service I recieved.  The movers arrived slighly early, confirmed the task with completing signature documents and got right to work without delay.  They seemed to be conscience of the time and worked diligently to complete everything within the estimated timef...[full review]

DMV Moving

DMV moving was the were the best I have ever used. They were on time and very fast. My furnature was not damaged at all. This was the first time that has happened. The movers were very nice and understanding.The price was also the most reasonable I have used. I have moved at least three times in the last six years.[full review]

Excellent...way excellent.

I was a bit nervous using an online company and the reviews, as I've heard some company's pay for such things....however I went with DMV. I was blown away by these guys, from the office guys, the billing and most especially, the moving crew. 3 smaller dudes, but these guys rocked. They humped, didn't take a break or even lunc...[full review]

Moved VA to MD
DMV was the BEST moving experience I've ever had - anywhere!

DMV is, to be sure, the best mover I've ever used.  A small move of my daughter's one-bedroom apartment in Fairfax/Vienna to her new place in Baltimore, Md was done extremely efficiently and quickly and very reasonably priced.  From Andrew and Benjamin on the hq phone to the actual movers themselves, everyone was - to a perso...[full review]

My Moving Experience

Rate was more reasonable compared to other companies' prices. It is wonderful that 3 men with a big truck is in the package. I saved a lot of my time since I did not have to go to rent a truck or anything myself. Loading and unloading was done in no time and I could use almost all day to myself. My moving size was pretty smal...[full review]

DMV Movers are great!

The crew was fast. Worked hard and very courteous. They took only 2 breaks one for 5 min and lunch was 20 min. Nothing got damaged. They expertly packed the truck so no more would fit. I was amazed. They wrapped everything that had cloth and did not soil or damage anything. They cleaned up and disposed of all packing materi...[full review]

Moved within VA
Professional, efficient, great customer service attitude!

DMV Moving Company had their four guys work very quickly and efficiently - great customer service attitude.  I even had a baby grand piano that they wrapped, delivered and installed with the rest of the furniture.  We had agreed upon a number of hours for the move and they kept to that which allowed me to stay within my budge...[full review]

Moved within DC
Excellent and Painless Experience

I had originally called another moving company who advertised a Living Social coupon discount.  Although the other company promptly contacted me and confirmed the move, actually two moves, less than 48 hours before the move date, the other company never showed up and never contacted me.  I promptly contacted DMV Moving and St...[full review]

Move

The moving crew was fast, professional, overall excellent. My furniture was well taken care of. They did not damage anything of mine, nor the walls or doors. They said they would make sure that they would finish within the time frame I was quoted and sure enough, they did it. Even though it was a hot day, and I could tell the...[full review]

Moved within VA
DMV Moving and Storage Inc.

I used DMV Moving and Storage Inc. for my local move from Fredericksburg to Stafford, VA.  The company quoted me a price of $485.00, gave me a 5% discount for scheduling online plus gave me another 5% discount for being a veteran.  They also gave me a flexible move date so if I had any issues with my move date I could change ...[full review]

DMV Movers

As a result of completing an online search for movers, I received a call from DMV movers in Rockville.  The first caller (Freddie) listened to what I had to move and quoted me a price of 375.00.  He said he would send three men and a truck and they could move me in 4 hours.  Later that day I received a call from another sales...[full review]

easiest move ever

I read all the bad reviews and was a little hesitant about using DMV. I found all the bad reviews to be unfounded The guys arrived on time, they worked hard loading and there was no issues at all. They arrived at the new location on time and unloading was a breeze. Nothing was damaged or broken The crew were very polite and t...[full review]

Moved within VA
Stay away!!! Do not use DMV movers!!

I was moving from herndon VA to Chantilly VA, a distance of less than 5 miles, and it took two days to complete my move.  First of all, the people who schedule the appointments lied to me about the cost.  They said that they were professional military people but that was far from the case. I specifically told them that I need...[full review]

Moved within DC
Awesome!

The elevator gave out in the middle of our move, but DMV guys were very professional and moved our things up 3 flights of stairs! I would recommend this company to anyone! Overall my move experience was excellent. Foreman was excellent and so was the processionalist of the movers.[full review]

BEWARE

Please beware of these unprofessional scam artist! This is the worst moving experience I have ever had......they broke my glass dining room table doing a move that was less than 1 mile and they refuse to reimbursement  me because I did not let them wrap my the glass top with there $35 blanket when I used my own! They have a b...[full review]

Moving experience

DMV is the most incompetent moving company I have every experienced.     They lied about the time  they would come tostart the move, but you still have to pay for those hours .  At one point they had All my furniture on their truck. And would not talk to me.  I had to call the police because I was worried.  The police called ...[full review]

DMV Moving & Storage

Walk, no, RUN AWAY from this company!!Wow, where do I start?  I contacted this company about a month before I was scheduled to move.  I gave them the specifics of my move; moving from a two bedroom townhouse to a 4 bedroom single family home.  I also added that all they had to move was the heavier awkward items (dressers, mat...[full review]

The Worst Moving Experience

The WORST Moving Experience EVER. Warning: Steer Clear....I was quoted a great price, assured of no hidden fees, sent glowing references of efficiency and professionalism. Upon arriving LATE, the movers immediately quoted me extra costs for time and moving certain items (the hidden fees).  I was originally assured these hidde...[full review]

MISSING LAMP

I will make this short and sweet. DO NOT USE DMV Moving and Storage Company, unless you want to have something missing. I use this company in JUNE of 2012, and I ended up with a missing lamp. The owner then told me it wasn't his responsibility that my lamp was missing. O Well, to small claims court we will go.    Don't use th...[full review]

Moved VA to OH
Liars!

If I could give this company a zero, I would.  I put in for a general move quote on Friday the 28th of September, and of course, was getting many calls.  Monday the 1st I got confirmation of a move happening on the 12th of October.  I had decided to work with one company but had yet to make a deposit.  On the 2nd I was gettin...[full review]

Blatant Dishonesty...Poor Customer Service

My husband and I experience with DMV Moving & Storage Inc. on March 26, 2012 was a nightmare due to several reasons. First being the dishonesty by the workers. The workers broke the leaf to my dining room table and then hid the broken piece in our lawn mower bag which was discovered by my husband two days later. For the damag...[full review]

Review with image

STAY AWAY

They promise one time to arrive then a few days before try to change that time on you.  DON'T USE THEM.  ABSOLUTLY TERRIBLE!  They will then try to make it sound like they are doing you a favor by comming at all.  Offered no compensation for changing.[full review]

worst ever....

DO NOT....I repeat...DO NOT use DMV Movers. Worst company I ever had. First of all they were 2 hours late..when, they arrived, only one spoke English, you ask the others a questions they just look at you. They told me all the extras, blankets to wrap my TV's (I had five, which I had to move myself) glass tables ..(I had thre...[full review]

Moved DC to TX
Long Distance Moving with Dishonest Moving Company

DO NOT USE DMV Moving and Storage Inc! I needed to move from DC area to Dallas, TX and researched for days for a moving company that would not give me a headache. I was unable to use a national brand because they were all booked during the month of June, so I went with DMV Moving and Storage Inc. That was a BIG Mistake...[full review]

Company response to C. Alexis's review:
DMV Moving and Storage is not based on dishonesty. Contracts are provided and expected to be read as any normal agreement. The only discrepancy was a long carry charge due to the distance between the entrance of the delivery location and the truck. There was an unexpected distance although customer agreed there would not be. ...

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on DMV Moving and Storage Inc. - a professional mover located in Rockville, MD 20852. Discover Rockville, Maryland companies.