First Call Movers

States of operation: Florida, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Michigan, Maine, Indiana, California, North Carolina, Georgia, New Hampshire, Arizona, Ohio, Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, New Jersey, Kansas, Louisiana, Nevada, Kentucky, Colorado, Missouri, Alabama, Wisconsin, Washington, Utah, Minnesota, Nebraska, Vermont, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Oregon, Washington DC, South Carolina, Mississippi

Write moving reviewWrite a review on First Call Movers.

Companies that transport household goods within Florida like First Call Movers have to register annually with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The Bureau of Compliance is the responsible regulatory authority that manages intrastate movers. Movers should be registered with the FMCSA to operate interstate.

ICC MC number: 773091Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 2270148US Department of Transportation number
Local State License: Fl. Moving Broker 85

Share this company on Share First Call Movers to Facebook Share First Call Movers to Twitter

Toll free number: (855) 505-6683
Phones: (954) 606-9444
Address: 2700 West Cypress Creek Rd. Suite A110, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309, USA
Email: info@firstcallmovers.com
Website: www.firstcallmovers.com

Total 199 First Call Movers Reviews

bad business

They are a moving broker who low balls your estimate even though you give them a detailed list of your property thats to be moved. When the actual moving company arrives they hike up the fee by 1500 or more. I denied them to move my stuff and used uhaul and did it myself. First call movers did not refund my deposite of 650. I...[full review]

Moved SC to AZ
Liars. thieves.

They lost precious furniture. 103 year old antique ice box in my family for 100 uears. Damaged the rest of my stuff. Idiots. Fucking idiots!!!!! Left without doing an inventory. Refused to come back. Lied about the time it would take. Taped the paint on my scooter. Broke my rocking chair. Damaged my coffee table... etc etc et...[full review]

Moved PA to AZ
CUSTOMER SERVICE

AWFUL COMPANY!  DO NOT USE THEM!!!!! THEY LIE!!!! i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY DEPOSIT BACK FROM THEM FOR 8 MONTHS NOW AND IT IS LIE AFTER LIE FROM THEM!!!!  THEY REFUSE TO ANSWER MY CALLS OR RETURN CALLS!  DO NOT EVER EVER USE THEM!  EVEN BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU DROPPED THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE AWFUL![full review]

Moved NC to TX
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!! My pickup date was two days late, delivery time took 3 weeks and I still did not receive all my stuff.  I arrived in August and it is now March and I still have not received all of my luggage!  Every time you call the company they say they will call you back and they dont.  Horrible company!!!!!!!!!!!!...[full review]

Moved VA to CA
A Total nightmare

Home Team/First Call Movers should have their license taken away as well as put out of business for all the lives of people that they have ruined.  As a a consumer as well as a victim I have been violated by these people and it seems as though there has been no legal ramafication toward First Call Movers.  As many complaints ...[full review]

Moved PA to CA
Avoid at all Costs!!!

We unfortunately found this company by looking at a website with supposedly reputable companies and client reviews, which made it look like a great company to use. The initial "Binding" (HA, that's a joke!) contract that we signed with them looked acceptable to us in every way. When the day of the move came, the actual compan...[full review]

Moved FL to TX
Nightmare

Don't even think about it ! This company is REALLY A SCAM ! I got my stuff with a big hole on my coffee table, damages and missing pieces of my day bed. We filed a claim and the answer is DENIED why ? "No notations noted on the delivery documents" Although on the same day we called the company and ask for what we need to do, ...[full review]

Moved OH to FL
Awful

After paying a 1000.00 deposit and being quoted 1500.00 total, I had a complete and measured inventory given to First Call Movers. My inventory was scheduled to be picked up on a Thursday from Ohio to be transported to Florida. When the movers arrived at my storage unit, they proceeded to tell me the charge would be 2600.00 b...[full review]

Moved GA to FL
Do not use a broker

I was contacted by First Call Movers after using an online website to find a moving company. First call movers had the lowest estimate and the representative that contacted me, Jillian, sounded very professional. I arranged to move from Gerogia to Florida which from start to finish was an 8 hour drive. I had no problem with t...[full review]

Moved GA to FL
First call movers are the worst

I worked with First Call Movers representative Jillian. Jillian assured me that this company was misrepresented by some employees and because of that, the company received a negative report. Jillian gave me a binding estimate that sounded too good to be true, however, I took Jillian at her word, trusting her. On 10/10/14 the ...[full review]

Moved FL to GA
Move

Purposely and intentionally deceived me in order to gain my business.   Completed three individial contracts beginning at $3,036.89, second $4, 245.31 and ending with $5,449,69. Overcharge of packing items.  On the revised contract I was charged for packing and duplicated charges at pickup location.  Also items documented ...[full review]

Moved KS to FL
WORST EVER BROKE EVERYTHING DAMAGED

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY...THEY PROMISED CLIMATE CONTROL STORAGE.  MY THINGS WERE WET, MOLDED, BROKEN. THEY USE NATIONAL EXPRESS, THE WORST EVER.  THEY WOULD NOT DELIVER MY THINGS UNLESS I PAID THEM MORE THEN MY CONTRACT SAID. I'VE BEEN CRYING FOR DAYS, MY BEAUTIFUL THINGS BROKEN.  WE ARE FILING A SMALL CLAIM CASE AGAINST THEM...[full review]

Moved TX to WA
Worst "Movers" Ever

Our move from Texas to Washington has been a NIGHTMARE. While our "binding" estimate was $1369.35 we ended up paying $2,250.00 on this move. They told us that our furniture would arrive in approximately a week. However, it took close to 40 days! We were unable to reach anyone to figure out where our furniture was or when it w...[full review]

Moved MI to AL
FIrst Call Movers should be your Last Call Mover

They are not a moving company. They are just sales agents. They speak nicely on the phone. They will give you a nice professional looking “Binding Quote”. When you select them and they will accept the credit card for the first payment and transfer you to a “secure line” to get your credit card. How nice? Then their “Quality...[full review]

Moved NY to WA
Cheaters

I found them online, and then they called me with an offer. The offer was good, but the movers never showed up. I called and called till they told me no will show up. So, I asked for a refund, then they asked me to send it written, I did that twice and still haven't gotten back my deposit ($475). When I was booking them, they...[full review]

Moved OH to TX
First Call Movers are dishonest

I found First call Movers by requesting competitive quotes at an online moving site.  Sal from First Call Movers was first person from a company that contacted us.  We were moving our daughter to start a new career in Texas.  They were moving some small furnishings and mostly clothes.  We had all the items boxed and weighed, ...[full review]

Terrible Terrible Terrible!!!!

This company is terrible! I was moving a one bedroom apartment without a dining set and one couch.  So it wasn’t a full 1 bedroom apartment.  We brought our TV's and all our valuables such as our electronics. Can I say it again, this company is TERRIABLE!!! I should have rented a uhaull. One week prior to the move, I noticed ...[full review]

Moved NY to TX
Nightmare

I moved from Buffalo NY to Dallas Texas on July 18th for work. My furniture was picked up on time (7/13) with a earliest delivery date 7/18. I was told it will take 10 to 21 business days for my belongings to arrive which would have been no later than 8/15. After the 21 business days had passed I called a few times a week to ...[full review]

Moved MA to MI
Never hire broker and never trust their words

I saw some bad reviews about First Call Movers but thought I would give it a try anyway and the salesman seems to be sincere.  I was totally wrong!!  Not only shouldn't I trust the salesman, but also Andrew from Quality Assurance and Brenda from Customer Services.  I had an extremely stressful and disappointing moving experie...[full review]

Moved TX to DC
Theft scam, shitty people

How so many liars and crappy people can all work at the same company must be the fault of the owners who employ them, they will lie to you to bet your deposit then ignore you in hopes that you get too frustrated and forget your deposit.  They were suppossed to be here yesterday to pick up my shipment, but I never even got a c...[full review]

Moved OH to WA
Imposible to get your money back after they failed to find a carrier.

I hired this company to move from OH to WA. They are complete failure for their customers. They are very quick to charge your credit card and promise to find a cheap carrier but they are very slow to refund your money back after they failed to find a carrier. I am already waiting almost 2 months for my refund. There is actual...[full review]

Moved CA to TX
Theives

On 8/9/13  I was given an estimate for $1446 for the 26 items that are listed on my contract. I gave a deposit of $582 for the move of my personal property and a $200 deposit for the auto transport which was scheduled either 8/24 or 8/25. I was told by Nirva to give the driver $432 at pickup for household items and pay the re...[full review]

Moved CO to GA
Crooks 2013

83 year old Handicapped Women  Their estimate, service and contractors were totally misrepresented.The move was suppose to be $2200, It was $5600. They referred & recommended unprofessional contractors. They (Kat) promised a refund of $900 due to not telling me of pkging charge and never returned call. I asked for Mgr never ...[full review]

Moved NY to AZ
Horriable Expirence

I had my move scheduled on 07/13/13 movers came late and charge me more money than agreed and make me sign the papers first then at the last end he add more than 400$ without me approving but the bill was already signed earlier by me?????????????????? till now over 6 weeks i didn't get my stuff at Arizona i called everyday no...[full review]

Moved MS to LA
Awful experience

Wow. As crazy at it seems, I feel better reading some of these comments. I actually thought it was just me. I was TOTALLY misled by this company. I would NEVER wish the experience that I had on anyone. First of all, I was given a quote of $1075 and ended up paying over twice that much. Charges kept piling up as the move conti...[full review]

Moved TX to GA
Still looking for my shipment...

I am not sure where to begin with my experience. I was contacted by the sales representative and after speaking with him extensively we agreed that my move from El Paso, TX to Hinesville, GA would cost me $1099.99. I asked at that time for an in-home estimate and I was told by the representative that it would not be necessa...[full review]

Moved NH to AZ
Entire process

DO NOT USE!!!!! Horrible experience! First know that they have an A- rating with the BBB and don't even belong! Everything I was told was a direct lie or an edge to the truth, but nothing was true for MY move. They did not have their "own" trucks to pick up and carry. These people are a broker! They in turn hired another comp...[full review]

Moved PA to FL
Worst experience EVER!

This company left us high and dry!  They are ONLY brokers which means they charge you a third up front and then tell you that you pay the remainder in two installments one to the men that pick up the furniture and the other when the furniture is delivered.  They fail to tell you verbally that they put your job on a board and ...[full review]

Moved MA to CA
Do you need to file a complaint?

This company has stolen my things. I had to file a complaint through the Dederal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.   If you need to do the same thing, the contact information is as follows:   Phone: 888-368-7238 web site: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/   Do not let this company do to you what it has done to me. Some of my thing...[full review]

bad moving experience

I would NOT use first call movers ever again. First of all they are not moving company, thay are a broker. They have no responsibility for your move. Not honest in giving estimates. Most of what they tell you is a lie to attract customers. Every customer representative says different things. Overall experience was very stress...[full review]

Moved CA to LA
DO NOT USE FIRST CALL

This review is for First Call only, not the actual moving company. Previous reviews of borderline criminal are generous. My quote with Dan tarted at $2,200, Andrew with the quality department increased it to $2,500 after more detail. The actual moving company ------ $4,300. After discussions with the managers Rob and Tea on t...[full review]

Moved CA to NY
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I wish I had found this site before I agreed to use this company!  I spoke with a salesman/scam artist John who quoted a price for my move after giving him a list of items to be moved.  He told me "As long as I dont go over the items listed this will "ABSOLUTELY BE YOUR PRICE"  We had a discussion about price, he repeatedly t...[full review]

Moved PA to NJ
Worst experience with moving

I should have read the reviews before contacting this company. I had the worst moving experience. I gave them the list of inventory and I was proposed a surprisingly low estimate. When the truck came (from some other company) then I came to know that the first call movers is a broker company, and the supervisor of the truck t...[full review]

Moved CA to NM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FIRST CALL MOVERS!!!

For any consumers out there thinking of doing business with First Call Movers, DON’T!!! They do not honor their own contracts and the try to drag things out in any kind of refund process or BBB complaint. They STOLE my money by accepting a deposit for a move then trying to plan the move outside of my possible moving dates. Wh...[full review]

Moved TN to IA
Delayed services, damaged belongings, horrible customer service.

DO NOT HIRE THEM!!  I had the worst experience I would have ever imagined. 5 days delay in picking the stuff, 53 days till they delivered them!!!!!My dresser is all broken into pieces. There is not even a way to put it back together. My ottoman is chipped from the side, half of the boxes are wide open with things falling from...[full review]

Moved OH to FL
The Scam of First Call Venture Movers

First Call Ventures did not move our furniture. They told me that they personally would be moving our furniture and that they went back and forth from Ohio to Florida several times a week. I told them that I did not have a closing date set for our new home when I called. They said it was not a problem and noted on the estimat...[full review]

Moved LA to VA
DO NOT USE STAY AWAY

Worst moving experience ever.  HAve moved 12 times in 26 years with the military and this was by far the worst experience.  Late to pick up, late to deliver, never called me, I had to call them constantly.  No paperwork or documentation, have been trying to get weight tickets and damage claim forms for a month.  Horrendous cu...[full review]

Moved TN to GA
don't ever use them

i hired first call movers two months ahead. i was rescheduled four times, and nobody ever came the fourth time around. the customer service is bad. they will not provide refunds, or pair me with another carrier as of this moment- 72 hours past the last scheduled time.[full review]

Moved SC to FL
Great Experience

Recently, I received notice from my company that I was to be transferred from South Carolina to Florida. Although excited about the prospect of moving to the Sunshine State, the process of moving seemed more then daunting. A coworker recommended I look into First Call Movers.    Having never heard of them before I was skep...[full review]

Moved SC to TX
DON'T USE- WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

Company is TERRIBLE.  Poor communication.  No respect for customers.  Just another money hungry company, that lacks any kinf of integrity. Everything is great right up until you give them some money.  Call with issues and get sent all over the company phone lines.  I wish their was zero stars option. DO NOT USE!!![full review]

Moved MI to PA
Move from MI to PA

Unfortunately I did not have a good experience with this company and cannot recommend them.   My move from MI to PA was scheduled for June 27th. Everything seemed to be going well and the date was confirmed 48 hours prior ... on the morning of the move, the movers never showed up.  I contacted the company that First Call Move...[full review]

Moved NC to TX
Don't rely on First Call Movers

This company is not actually a moving company, but they merely try to find carriers in your location that do the actual move.  *Try* to find.  If none of their partners is around, no truck will appear to do your move.  If you call them, they'll tell you that they try to find a carrier, but they can't promise anything.  If the...[full review]

Moved PA to NJ
DON'T USE THIS MOVERS

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER Dont use firstcall movers. initially they will pretend as if they care the movers where late ,they still left their roach infested blankets on my move in my new house and left some of my items on the invoice in my old house.Julian from first call is so rude when I called to complain he had the nerve to t...[full review]

Moved NJ to NV
Thanks so much for the help!

I am very satisfied with the performance of this company. I needed to move my belongings across country from New Jersey to Nevada and looked online for a mover. When I called them, the salesperson asked me to describe my contents and then gave me an estimate and a 3 day range for pickup between 6/24 and 6/27. I made a $500 ...[full review]

Moved TX to ID
Terrible Company to do Business With

Do not use this company. After being told my move would cost no moe than 4900.00, it ended up being over 6200.00. I was told this price was a solid price and would not go up nor would it go down. Once I signed the contract, every thing changes. They had to do no packing. Only load from a storage facility we had everything pro...[full review]

Moved within FL
Crooks or Really bad business people?

These people are either crooks or incredibly bad business people. Don't go near them. They will call you constantly, in a friendly accomodating voice, until they recieve your deposit. In our case it was $700.00 ( stupid me). Then you won't hear from them. They will not return calls. They will claim that the server is down, th...[full review]

Moved NY to FL
Worst Experience of our Life! DO NOT use them to move your stuff!

Howard Melnick of First Call Movers. He seemed like a nice guy, smooth talking, and told us that he has a bunch of trucks coming from NYC to Florida and he would take our stuff as it would cover the cost of gas. He sent us a contract, my wife and I read it over and notice in the contract that First Call Movers are brokers and...[full review]

Moved NY to FL
cost doubled after initial contract - no customer support!

RUN away from this company.  As I was told, they are "only the broker" and will NOT back you on over charges.  I wasn't able to speak to the same person on many occasions, having to explain my problems to each person I dealt with.  What made it more frustrating, was that I was asked by Kat (x1115) to email me the documents th...[full review]

Moved FL to MI
Last Call Movers

I would never use these people again. High pressure sales tactics followed up by broken promises on pickup and delivery. When calls were attempted to get info, they either put me on indefinite hold, or they hung up on me. I was told a certain name was handling the dispatch - on a later call I was told they've never heard that...[full review]

Moved MO to TX
Terrible experience

I have had a terrible experience with this company. I was moving from Missouri to Houston, Texas, and my contract with First Call specified that the pick up date for my move would be either 7/13/2013 (Saturday) or 7/14/2013 (Sunday). By 7/15/2013 (Monday) we had still not heard from First Call. I called them and they told me ...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on First Call Movers - a professional mover located in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. Discover Fort Lauderdale, Florida moving companies.