Great American Moving & Storage

States of operation: Washington, Montana, New York, Texas, Oregon, California, Vermont, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Utah, Maine, Florida, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Alabama, Colorado, Illinois, Arizona, Washington DC

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Great American Moving & Storage.

In order to conduct moves within the state of Washington, Great American Moving & Storage should be licensed by the WA Utilities and Transportation Commission. To legitemately perform interstate moves, companies must be registered with the FMSCA.

ICC MC number: 712961Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 2029028US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share Great American Moving & Storage to Facebook Share Great American Moving & Storage to Twitter

Great American Moving & Storage reviews, testimonials and ratings online.

Phones: (800) 557-7419
Address: 1826 112th St East Suite D, Tacoma, WA 98445, USA
Email: customerservice@greatamericanmove.com
Website: www.greatamericanmove.com

Total 58 Great American Moving & Storage Reviews

Nightmare Move

What can I say, we bought all new high end furniture and appliances 3 months before our move. We took receipt of a portion of our goods yesterday. 80 to 90 percent of our goods are damaged. Boxes crushed, furniture scarred, new stainless fridge dented. This company took our money, cashed the initial check at a check cashing e...[full review]

Moved WA to LA
They deleted my last rating

Great American moving and Storage deleted my last review for them so here i am again and im gonna keep writing my review until someone helps me and my family get our things back that are already paid for since last friday. DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY. Still have not recoeved a date as to when my things will be delivered but ...[full review]

Moved WA to MO
Hard working and professional

Great American had some extra ordinary movers. They worked in two stages. The guys took all items from my home to their storage and after a week, the stuffs were taken to my new home. When the crew arrived at my house they went straight into work. The guys worked like soldiers until they finished. In the second phase of movin...[full review]

Moved TX to LA
Screwed

If I could give them no stars, I most definitely would! Use this company if you enjoy getting screwed! I called a week before our move date to cancel because we could no longer afford the $1300 fee (which I'm sure would have been tripled by the time of delivery by what I've read on other sites). I was told that they could red...[full review]

Company response to Betsy Kaiser's review:
Greetings, We are greatly astonished with your complaint. It is very difficult for us to understand your reasoning for such language. How did we "screw" you when we have no business relationship? Why recommend "0" stars if we never serviced you? Many months ago you scheduled a move with us to pick ...

Moved TX to IL
Seamless move!

I hired this company to help me pack and move my house based on my friend recommendation. I was from start to completion impressed by every single person I was dealing with. Shayla came for the In House estimate was polite professional and she reassured me that I have Binding not to exceed price. I scheduled the move and a we...[full review]

Moved WA to MD
Overall good service

Our moving experience was excellent. From the broker rep Jason and down to the local movers out of Tacoma who moved us from Lacey WA  to the Baltimore MD  Originally, we were told that we were scheduled for a Mon-Tues move. We received a call that there was a cancellation and that we could do the move on Saturday.  That didn'...[full review]

Moved within AL
The Worst Company

they are lieing. thier serves are very bad. they don't have a clery dealing on time. when you are calling them they didn't recpact you.  The representive is not answering my calls, and the combany has not called me back for my atuff. I have not received my presonal shipment yet. I do not recommend using this company ever. [full review]

Very good movers

Great American Movers are the best! great service! this is my first time moving out of state and was very hesitant about going with a moving company. I got sooo many calls from different movers it was really hard to choose... I got a call from Shayla at Great American, she was so very helpful she went through an inventory lis...[full review]

Moved WA to GA
Made it possible!

Great American Moving and Storage are the best. Me going through an ugly divorce and had to move out of my 4 bedroom house within 4 days and I really thought it was impossible. Until I got a call from Brandie and she made the move possible. She set my pickup date for the very next day. The movers pulled up in a nice size truc...[full review]

Need to Share My Experience with Great American

I recently had to move one of the satellite offices my company runs from Houston to Dallas. I figured I better call several moving companies for price quotes before settling on one since the office I had to pack and move was fully furnished and the second office was quite a distance away. I finally settled on Great American M...[full review]

Definitely a Great Moving company

I just wanted to share my experience. I used this company 2 years ago when I moved my office from Washington to California. They promised a discount from my last move and honored it. Which was great! They truly did a great Job moving my belongings from my old apartment in Washington and this time to my sister house in Nevada....[full review]

Moved WA to NV
Great Job Great American!!

Going with Great American was probably one of the smartest decisions my boyfriend and I have made in a very long time.  After getting multiple quotes and speaking with other companies, we ran across Great American.  Brian came to our apt and went over our stuff.  He gave us a great estimate and was very open and honest about ...[full review]

Moved WA to GA
I recommend

Third time relying on Great American M & S company for a good price from an army base, good service and the workers who did a awesome job. Friendly customer service, good sales reps which gave really good advice in how to make my move go smoothly as possible. Great American Moving and Storage...no matter how clean one is, wow...[full review]

Money Well Spent

Like any other consumer, I want quality in all the things I spend my money in, And as far as Great American Moving and Storage  is concerned, I definitely think they deserve the money that I shed out for the wonderful service! It was on time and they never showed any signs of slowing down. I am so happy and honored to have wo...[full review]

Moved WA to DC
Moving

If you have hired this company but they haven't picked up your stuff yet there is still time! Call and cancel! This company was subcontracted to pick up my goods by the moving company I hired. On the pick up day, "Jose," the foreman of the movers tried to rip me off in several ways. Luckily, I wouldn't sign anything or agree ...[full review]

Moved TX to ND
SCAM DO NOT USE

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THERE ISN'T A CORPORATE OFFICE TO VOICE COMPLAINTS OR CONCERNS. BASICALLY IT IS A SHELL COMPANY THAT TAKES YOUR MONEY & HOLD YOUR PROPERTY HOSTAGE UNTIL YOU PAY THEM MORE. IT HAS BEEN OVER A MONTH & I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY FURNITURE. THE ESTIMATE WENT FROM $3,000 BEFORE THEY PICKED UP MY STUFF, TO $6,00...[full review]

Moved within TX
Hard Working and Very Professional!

My husband's job asked him to relocate from Houston to Austin. I was so nervous about letting people I know nothing about come and handle my valuables,for the good news of my husband promotion, his employer was paying the bill for professional movers! A few days later, a gentleman by the name of Brian from Great American Movi...[full review]

Moved WA to CA
Do NOT Use this moving company!!

First, this moving company mispresented themselves from day one with the original estimated quote that they sent me for a one bedroom-apartment.  I did the best job I could estimating how many boxes I would use and what I would be moving.  I less than typical furniture for a one-bedroom apartment as I had no dressers, no head...[full review]

Moved WA to ID
Satisfied

Great American Moving & Storage is one out of many moving company that I will let move me.This is the second time I moved with this company and each time they astonish me. I thank them for taking good care of me goods for the three months my thing was in storage a there facilities. When my furniture was delivered I know that ...[full review]

Moved CA to TX
Move with no hesitations...

My wife and I are relatively new to Texas- so when it came time to move from a temporary apartment  in to a townhouse , we weren't sure where we could turn to for help with moving. So we started with online reviews and of course found Great American  moving service. We had a good impression right off the bat when the CEO hims...[full review]

Moved TX to NY
Can not praise enough

I cannot recommend this company enough. After an awful experience with a different moving company, my daughter recommended we try Great American.With a very tight deadline to be moved out, Great American came, saw and conquered. We had to be out that day. Our movers showed up, worked hard, stayed focused, handled everything...[full review]

Moved CO to TX
Great American Saved My Day !

When our scheduled movers never showed up to move my parents last Saturday morning, we were in a state of complete panic to find help last minute ASAP. I went online to see if I can get a mover last minute and was lucky enough to get someone from the office I had a 3 man crew at my door within 2 hours! These 3 men worked ...[full review]

Moved TX to GA
Great American are GREAT!

Last month we moved from TX to Atlanta GA with Great American moving. Great moving company! We hired this company to move our home for the second time in the last three years. Both the times, they had impressed us with their professionalism, pricing and most importantly with their careful nature. Trust me, they handled the g...[full review]

Moved within TX
Friendly, courteous and professional!

I have rather a mixed sort of an experience with these movers it was a little more then I expected to spend. I moved locally in Houston But when it comes to timely completion of work, professional expertise of handling difficult task and customer friendly service, I rank them A by all means. Overall it was a good experience ...[full review]

Moved TX to AZ
BELOW POOR SERVICE

Totally dishonnest.. They will promise you a lot to get you to sign up. Once you do, you are done literally... you will start hearing different stories from different agents, each one discrediting what the previous one told you (with an apology). If you ever have to use a moving service which I do not recommend, DO NOT use GR...[full review]

Company response to John Smith's review:
Hello John Smith, Please contact our customer service department or let us know how we can contact you so we can resolve any issues that came up during your move. We don't show any record on file under this name. We would like to understand what you are refering to so we can fix it. 206-855-5479 800-557-7419

Moved WA to TN
Check out this email received from them

I was talking to this company over the phone about a move from Seattle to Nashville.  The longer we spoke, the more suspicious I became about this company.  I didn't book my move with them, but the day after our call I started receiving emails and invoices. I ignored them.   I just received this email from them today (Attache...[full review]

Company response to Jil Larson's review:
Greetings, It is with deep regret that we are responding to this complaint. We understand that one of our employees misrepresented our company by sending you an email that was mildly unprofessional. We just want you to understand that this is not our company's level of customer service. Our sales team is an awesome grou...

Review with image

Moved AZ to FL
scamming company

first of all the salesman lied to get the order.. he said he was with great American movers from Sacramento .. straight out lied.. then said he would shuttle my stuff down my quarter mile driveway that's not paved , so I said OK.. on delivery day he said never heard of it before... then my daughters antique desk that my mom g...[full review]

Company response to Christina Grace's review:
Its Unfortunate that you had a bad experience with your mover. You may have got our company confused with another firm since we DO NOT perform ANY moves from AZ. Please give us a call so we can identify who you are so we can further assist you. If in fact you are our customer we will rectify the situation but if not, we res...

Moved TX to FL
average moving company

Pickup person was arguing a lot saying my stuff is 500 cu ft plus with no justification and took 800 usd more than quoted saying all is included included in their quite I specifically asked will u charge more if I have to bring another fleet truck to which he said no but people who delivered charged again saying they have ...[full review]

Company response to Anonymous's review:
Greetings, We would the opportunity to respond to you complain but we are unable to identify. If you would like to address this matter please respond to customerservice@greatamericanmove.com Thanks!

Moved TX to VA
Please stay away from this company

Initial Quote was $1727 and after taking my stuff to storage Brian Minkof sent me new invoice of $5300 which is invalid after taking my home stuff to storage. I strongly recommond you guys to avoid this company all are fraud. I need to talk to my lawyer because for no reason he is holding my stuff in storage.[full review]

Company response to Thiru's review:
Greetings, First and foremost we do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused to you and your family. On or about the 7/10/2013 our company shipped your items from TX to VA. By federal regulations we are required to obtain an inventory from our customers before we pick up their household goods. We obtain this...

Moved WA to OK
packers and movers not properly trained

They packed grandfather clock parts in a kitchen box that I had started and didn't mark it...I got blamed for doing this, cost me $120. to get clock put together. ...stripped washer hose and it leaked, cost me $98.90 to fix, washer was just one year old.  Their young driver cut his hand doing this , did he file a workers comp...[full review]

Company response to Pam Cantley's review:
The purpose of this response is to convey to you our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We make extensive efforts to protect our customer's belongings but there are cases when items do get damaged or broken for various reasons. This is why we make sure our customers our covered under our lia...

Right to the point!

I was very happy I chose Great American Movers. They were on time, quick, very professional and delivered my stuff within a week. The sales representative was very helpful, she answered all of my questions and explained everything to me in detail. That is how I looked to do business![full review]

Moved WA to NJ
Great customer service!

After reading several reviews, I was hesitant to use ANY moving company - but I took a chance on this company. I'm glad I did. While the pickup was late, it was done on the same day and they were very professional and apologetic. After that, the experience was grea!. The guys were really hard working and professional, I have...[full review]

You are powerless

I will not ever consider using Great American Moving and Storage out of Tacoma Washington, made that mistake once. I would suggest moving the items yourself or selling your possessions before subjecting yourself to treatment from this company. The behavior from the company’s management was unprofessional and deceitful, for th...[full review]

Moved WA to DC
Our office move to the DC

We used Great American to move our office to DC. I can tell we were all really satisfied with the service and efficiency of this moving company. We had a full moving service including the packing and the packing materials. They have done everything really quick, something we are really glad about because in our company time e...[full review]

I have moved around the USA in the past 12 years

I have to travel a lot for work, so I have moved around the USA in the past 12 years. So yes I would call myself a very seasoned mover. A friend of mine moved a few months ago and recommended that I use Great American Moving & Storage. I am happy I took action on his recommendation. The staff was great and took care of every ...[full review]

Moved WA to IL
Its good to have a nice move every few years !

I have moved around my fair share in the past few years, It’s good to have a nice worry free move every once in a while. I did some looking around online for moving company's and I found Great American moving... I love your site : ) I filled out there lead form online and got a call within an hour ! That was a good start ...[full review]

Moved WA to KY
My opinion

I was doing my research online on the moving company I was looking to contract with and while reading some of their reviews I got to read some reviews right on this website about Great American and I really liked it. While calling to find out more information about the company Joseph offered me to talk to the customers that p...[full review]

Moved WA to OH
Very Thoghtfull

My husband passed away 9 weeks ago, I was devastated, I had to move back to Ohio to my mother's home with my 2 children, most moving companies seem to take an advantage on that, however Great American seem to understand and were very nice and understanding, they gave me a very nice discount, packed everything for me and even ...[full review]

Moved within WA
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

- Louis was the sales person I talked to 1st, he made me believe that all my stuff will be delivered on time, with the price we agreed up on. - 0ct 27 was the pick up date: they were on time, the 2 guys were great with packing, and wrapping my stuff, everything was labeled and i was happy with their careful handling. - Nicole...[full review]

Moved WA to OH
smooth worry free move

This was my first move cross country, I was pretty worried and had no idea where to begin. I submitted my contact info online so I can get an idea of prices and services, doing it alone was not an option for me since my son was away for school, and my husband is not well. The next day I received a whole lot of phone calls, o...[full review]

Moved CA to MN
great move, harsh weather

I am a seasoned mover because of my business-I have relocated many times. Being new to the west coast, I wasn’t sure which service to use. My partner recommended Great American Moving & Storage because you moved his office a few months before and he was very pleased. I’m glad I followed his advice because I saw how your a...[full review]

Moved PA to DC
I really liked working with them.

I am going to make this review short and to the point. I did my research on pricing with other moving companys and this one always came on top.  When I called they ansered (I like companys that answer there phones : ) I had a nice smooth move with them and I would used them for my next more (I dont plan on moving any time soo...[full review]

Moved WA to NJ
Happy I went with Great American

This review is way past due. Great American Moving & Storage  moved  me into a  2 bedroom home in NJ 4 months ago and we had almost 4 bedroom worth of stuff in our old apartment to be moved. They moved everything so quickly and even helped me pack some of the items, most of the things were already packed. Great American's tea...[full review]

Moved WA to PA
Very professional!

This was my fist time moving and I had to move from Washington to Penssylvenia and I chose Great American M&S based on some of the good reviews in internet and some were not that good also but I decided to go with them anyways. I ended up having  a very good experience in using their services.The relocation specialist Peter w...[full review]

Moved WA to ME
Transcon move

Overall we had a good experience with the company. We moved from the West coast to the East coast and our time line was flexible. The packers were polite and hard working. All items were packed well. Very little damage was noticed for such a large move, including a piano and motorcycle. The two who unpacked were the hardest w...[full review]

Moved WA to CA
Easy to work with, very happy with service!

I'm actually very surprised to see the review below! I had a whole different experience with Great American Moving and Storage, it almost sounds like I'm not taking about the same company!! If I would have read some reviews before I don't think I would have gone with this company, I'm so happy I went with them after all , I ...[full review]

Moved TX to WA
NEVER DO BIZ W/ THEM

We had contacted more than 7 moving companies, with 6 estimates in hand when we came across Great American.  Their reviews looked pretty decent at that time, and we thought that since they're based closed to where we're moving to, then it might be a good idea (in case of any disputes) to use them as they'll be right down the ...[full review]

Company response to Jon's review:

Review with image

Moved OR to VT
Horrible coustomer service

I had a highly unsatisfactory experience working with this company.  Coustomer Service does a horrible job of communicating and providng information.   My moovers arrived three hours late for pickup.  They switched my estimate from a cost per LB to a cost per square foot.  Without weighing my items it was impossible to know w...[full review]

Moved WA to OR
Nice work, guys

These guys just moved me from South Snohomish County to Portland and boy were they great! They  had to negotiate a very steep and twisty driveway to  load up, and they made it to Portland as I requested the next day even ahead of schedule. I have some family heirloom pieces that I was really worried about, and they handled th...[full review]

Moved WA to NY
Never again!

We moved cross country, from West to East and it was the worst experience I've ever had in moving companies.    Firstly, there were so many hidden costs. Negotiating with the movers was the only real contract and conclusion to getting a toal cost at time of delivery.    Secondly, the contract had variables throughout. Som...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Great American Moving & Storage - a professional mover located in Tacoma, WA 98445. Discover Tacoma, Washington moving companies.