Great American Van Lines

States of operation: New Jersey, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Missouri, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, New York, Maryland, Nevada, Delaware, Illinois, Alabama, Maine, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, California, Georgia, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Michigan, South Carolina

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Great American Van Lines.

Click on the Great American Van Lines license numbers for the government record information:

ICC MC number: 520641Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 1381471US Department of Transportation number
Local State License: NJPM 000935

Share this company on Share Great American Van Lines to Facebook Share Great American Van Lines to Twitter

Great American Van Lines reviews and moving ratings on Great American Van Lines moving company. Read moving complaints, testimonials and consumer reports of Great American Van Lines.

Phones: (866) 324-7920
Address: 28 Halladay Street, Jersey City, NJ 07304, USA
Email: sales@greatamericanvanlines.com
Website: www.greatamericanvanlines.com

About the company

Great American Van Lines has provided professional residential and commercial moving solutions for over 10 years. Our trusted crews and fleet of trucks move over 10,000 homes a year. As industry leaders, Great American continues to set the standard in high quality moving.

Call Today for a free quote: 866-324-7920

Total 135 Great American Van Lines Reviews

extremely happy

Moving is always stressful, painful and complicated, and for me is always hard to say goodbye to my neighbors. I have moved three times so far and the last two moves, I used Great American Van lines! After the very first move, I was anxious because of the bad experience that I had with the moving company. There was some broke...[full review]

Moved NJ to OH
Satisfied Customer

Well, this was my first time using professional movers instead of bribing people to move for me or stuffing all my items into one truck or car. I used Great American Van Lines  moving from Garfield NJ to Cleveland, about a week ago. I was nervous about moving but these guys made it stress-free. I first had contact with Brian ...[full review]

Moved NJ to GA
Great Job !

Few days back I was looking for a moving service in NJ. I got in touch with NJ Great American Van Lines. They did a splendid job. They were careful about everything. It met my every expectation. I didn't face any problems. It was perfect, quick and cheap. Well done Kevin and Alex! recommend to all professional packing service...[full review]

Moved OH to NJ
Great Job Great American Van Lines

I have recently relocated to OH from NJ. I was actually transferred there and had to report in NJ within just 3 days. It was kind a run against time. I just randomly called 3 companies and finally hired full service van lines because they offered me the best deal. I was really worried about the old furniture, fra...[full review]

Moved PA to TX
not to be believed.....

Before composing this complaint, I read through the majority of the reviews of this company, which were positive & amazingly happy at 99%, and wondered how our family came to have such a blatantly bad and opposite experience. I came to the conclusion that these are fake postings and I defy this company to re-butt our experi...[full review]

Moved SC to NJ
I am surely going to recommend you.

I do believe in miracles. May be that is why it happened with me. Last week I have moved to South Carolina from NJ with my wife and son. I actually booked my move with another moving company. But just 24 hours before the move their sales guy called me and tried to double the cost, which was not ethical. So, I canceled the dea...[full review]

Moved TX to MD
Nathan is awesome at Great American Van Lines!

I worked with Nathan Gold as I was looking for my move from TX To MD.  In my experience, booking a mover can be a horrendous experience. Each guy will tell you that the other company is not legit or will fraud you. I even got screwed by Low Cost Moving as they cancelled my shipping at the last minute. I then approached Nathan...[full review]

Moved NY to TX
Worst worst Experience Ever in my Life

I contacted this company to move my items from New York to Texas.. I agreed to go with them because of all the other companies, they gave me the cheapest quote ( I now agree with the saying that cheapness is really worriness). They were late for the pick up. On the day of the pickup, the guy walked in my apt and immediately s...[full review]

Moved MD to MA
Happy with Great American Van lines MD to MA

what a great movers Great American Van lines move me from MD to MA last Weak the guys in the office did a great job by coordinate my move and the price stay the same the movers did a great work they pack all my 4 bedroom house in 5 hours and load it in 3 hours very professional ,and very quick ,  on delivery they have to go l...[full review]

Moved MD to CA
Happy with the services MD to CA

I would like to take this opportunity to give my heartfelt gratitude to Great American Van Lines  for the excellent service. This company is great for distance moves. Their price is very competitive, their timing is impeccable and they are swift and efficient doing the job. They moved our stuff over a long distance, from Wash...[full review]

Moved NJ to MD
AWESOME. MOVERS NJ to MD

I have been recommending Great American to all my friends. The entire experience was easy and painless. From the beginning over the phone with Courtney Moore, she sent us a free kit of boxes and tape, and was extremely professional and courteous. The team that moved us was fast, efficient, and friendly. Kevin the team leader ...[full review]

Moved NY to FL
Excellent movers!!!!

Moving is stressful as it is… Moving long distance is a very unpleasant experience.   Mirit great American did A GREAT JOB moving us to FL!!! It started when I googled companies and was very impressed by their great reviews, I went on their website which was very professional and had a lot of great tips. Called their sa...[full review]

Best movers around

When I took a Job in California I had to find movers I could trust. I called Great American Van Lines. The salesman on the phone was extremely Helpful and patient with me. I know I can be hard to deal with Lol. He was completely reassuring on the phone. They gave me a fair quote and I hired them. The Driver showed up on time....[full review]

Moved IL to CA
What these

All you need to see is this company's BBB rating:   http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/moving-and-storage-company/great-american-van-lines-in-jersey-city-nj-90162592 A solid F. Not a D- or even a C. A strong F that stands out like a raised middle finger to all of their potential customers.   It's taken me a whi...[full review]

Company response to Upset In California's review:
This is a fake review, most probably from one of our competitors that can’t beat our excellent reputation. There is no name or move date, On the BBB file we have only One complain in the last 3 years. The F rate is because we are not members and not paying the member fee (Please google: YouTube BBB 20/20 ) http://www.yout...

very impressed With Great American Van Lines

Moving We were very impressed by the service we recieved from Great American Van Lines . They were totally professional and from the time they arrived until they left on the pickup end and delivery end . From all the different reviews we read on most companies we were a bit afraid of what we were in for but were more than ple...[full review]

They deserved this recommendation

They deserved this recommendation I decided to hire Great American Van lines after I went through their web reviews. Though I heard a lot about this company from my friend but still I thought of checking their ranking in the net. However, once I saw many good reviews, I called them and talked about my move with the sales rep ...[full review]

Moved NJ to CO
Great American Van Lines was prompt and professional

Great American Van Lines was prompt and professional. They were careful to protect everything during transit and the amount they quoted was exactly what they charged we have a few items that need to be protected and packed so they realy did a great job protecting my furniture  also the piano they did great job packing ,the dr...[full review]

Moved NJ to VA
Fabulous Movers

I booked my move with Great American after I overlooked them last month moving my sister’s house. Both times, they were relatively courteous, but best of all, they just did a great job moving everything. Both my sister and I paid a little extra to have them handle our box packing too, and really, I must say, t...[full review]

Moved NJ to MA
Great Move With Great american Van lines

Great Move With Great American Van lines they move me and my family, from Livingston NJ to Boston MA the Movers show up in nj on Time 8 Am they pack our staff in about 3 hours and start driving to MA we Meet them on the way and we eat lunch together , when we get to MA they start unpacking our belonging they have all the ...[full review]

Truly Grateful

Moving is not fun at all and the level of stress you go through to perform a cross country move with a family is off the charts but Great American really did their best to keep me sane which is why I am writing this review. I am very grateful for trusting Brian and his company to perform my move after reading all the great re...[full review]

Moved NJ to CT
I will definately refer them to all friends or family members

I contacted Great American after reading a few reviews and researching them. And everything I read was true great customer service, no hidden fees and move was handled in professional manner the way Ben said it would be. The price change was minimal as I did add some boxes on the day of the pickup. But I knew there would be a...[full review]

Moved NJ to TX
first class quality service

first class quality service   I recently utilized the moving services of Great American. I want to commend Great American for the high quality service, professionalism and efficiency of the moving crew which was assigned to my request. They exhibited great care and diligence throughout the moving process. They wer...[full review]

Moved CT to CA
Great Job Great moving company

Great Job Great moving company   I was very satisfied with this moving company. I moved before couple times with different movers and every times i was very unhappy with them because some items was broken or missing. But those guy’s provide me a great service starting with a sales person who gave me a good rate fo...[full review]

honest company!!!

honest company!!!   Highly recommended Great American Van Lines . They didn't take any advantage on me and they provided really great service. From the start they were honest, up front and really helpful. Thank you very much for everything GReat American Van Lines[full review]

Moved IL to NJ
Overwhelming greatness

Overwhelming greatness   I have been looking for the right company to hire for months and ended up choosing Great American Van Lines because of the people around me. They have been insisting that I try this company out and that I wont regret it. Indeed, they were right. I never had any trace of regrets whatsoever ...[full review]

Moved NC to CA
The worst movers ever dealt with

This is the worst and most dishonest moving company on several criterias. 1. No proper schedule of pickup and delivery, they will keep on rescheduling the dates. 2. The initial quote was cheap but the pickup guy doubled it after he loaded all my stuff in the truck. 3. While delivery, they dumped all my stuff un assembled l...[full review]

Moved MA to CA
Worst experience

This is one of the worst experience I have had. The only reason why I have chosen this company is because their initial quote was cheap (Boston - California : $3600). During the day of packing the movers tell me that the cost will be $4800 because of the extra stuff I had. Things get interesting here: The person moving the st...[full review]

Moved IL to NJ
Awesome Service

I moved using this company. The price was very affordable for my move. I was making a huge move from Illnois to New Jersey, so I knew that I would need to get a moving company involved. I am so glad that I did. They moved all my stuff without any hassle. Everything was there and I got all of my stuff within 7 days of the move...[full review]

Moved TX to MI
Great for Antiques

I've lived out in Texas for 30 years, and have collected many antique pieces since living there. I needed a moving company that I knew would keep my pieces safe, that way they wouldn't lose any of the value that I bought them at. My son recommended me Great American Van Lines, and I gave them a call. I spoke to Soul, who was ...[full review]

Moved CT to TX
Phenomenal Company

We hired Great American Van Lines for our move from Connecticut to Houston, TX. This was our first long distance move and we were very nervous about the entire process after hearing so many bad things about scam companies. Luckily for us, Great American Van Lines was ready to prove to us that not all movers are out to rip you...[full review]

Moved OH to CA
Great price! Excellent service!

When my husband and I were told we had to move for work the last thing I wanted to do was worry about who to entrust our items with, a friend recommended, “Great American Van Lines” the price was affordable the guys were courteous and our move was seamless I would definitely recommend them to friends and family![full review]

Moved within NJ
Mixed Bag

My movers were nice and on time. The main guy was very professional, however one of the other two seemed very angry at being on the job. Many items of furniture were handled roughly, and two broke. One was due to pickup and the other was a broken leg on a desk because the celophane-wrapped the item so tightly that the leg was...[full review]

Moved NJ to IL
Why waste your money and time?

Why do people keep on wasting their money and time on a company that is not even efficient and capable of delivering a great service? Great American Van Lines have proven again and again that they are capable of giving you that. Just yesterday, I finished my move with them and there were no bumps and hassles along the way. Th...[full review]

Excellent

I grew up from a traditional and old fashioned family. I was not allowed to move to my fiancée's flat before we were done with the wedding so we had to wait for the ceremony before we can pack load up and go all alone. Days before the wedding, I contacted Great American Van Lines to take care of the move for us. Right after t...[full review]

The guys were excellent

I am very happy with the service of Great American Van Lines. The guys were very easy going and the sales person David was very helpful. I got my stuff for 2 business day , just like I was promised. They gave me the drivers number and I was able to check at all times where my stuff was. I paid a little more than two other com...[full review]

Moved GA to NJ
I used Great American Van Lines

I used Great American Van Lines to move from Atlanta GA to Jersey City, NJ in Jun. They were efficient and professional. I spoke with Nathan in sales in order to set the move. Roger was my foreman for the pickup and delivery. Their price stuck and the service I required was the service I received. They packed everything for m...[full review]

Moved NJ to MA
Excellent Service! Great American Van Lines

Excellent Service!   Great American Van Lines are by far the best Movers I have been using. Their estimates are solid and very accurate, the price is clearly explained from the beginning and there are no hidden charges! Perfect Packing services! Fast and professional team came to my place on time, after calling me...[full review]

Worth the move

Worth the move   We used Great American last month and I am beyond satisfied with the service and attitude. Great American were very professional, polite, not pushy, honest about any changes , and easy to work with. I believe the cost I paid was fair and affordable. Afterwards, I received a follow-up call from a customer serv...[full review]

Moved CT to TX
Fine Movers Great service

My freand use them in the past. I must say that their service is realy excellent, thay wrapped all my items, load quickly, and the must importent I recive my staff on time. They will never let you down and they will take care of your shipment , with excellent customer service.[full review]

Moved NY to TX
Bad experience

I select this company after searching online reviews.they offered free packing for tv. I had two tv.i didn't get my 1tv back when they delivers my stuff.my kitchen dishes were broken.they packed my wall mirrors which was also broken.my 1 lamp shade was missing.i used Home Depot boxes which r durable.i received them in bad c...[full review]

Happy Customer..Thanks

Happy Customer..Thanks   I was being transferred for work and had very little time to find a mover and to be honest didn't really care but read some reviews on the companies who were calling me and these guys were the only ones with good reviews and now I know why. Jason helped me get through everything sane. I ap...[full review]

Moved within NJ
They Helped Me In Thick Hour!

I wasn't in the town when I needed to shift my family to the new apartment I had been allotted by the company. So, I just called up my son (19 years old) that some movers are coming up and they'll be helping you in shifting to new home. But honestly speaking, I was much worried about all this. I couldn't come back home on acc...[full review]

Moved PA to MN
Do NOT use this company!

Company used information that had been obtained by an in-home inspection of our goods by a reputable national brand to provide their quote, of course they could do everything they could at a 25% savings.  Many warning signs that I shoud not have used this company, please don't make the same mistake!  When they came to load ou...[full review]

Fantastic Movers NJ to CA

I just wanted to briefly thank you guys over at Great American Van Lines especially Nathan for going out of your way to deliver my items the next day as promised. It was very difficult find a mover to put a guaranteed day for delivery on paper. It was extremely important everything was completed by the 20th and you g...[full review]

Moved NJ to WI
wonderful and professional service NJ to WI

wonderful and professional service   I would like to take this opportunity to thank Great American Van Lines for such wonderful and professional service. This being our first move to our new home, we wanted to make sure we had the best company for the job. Right from the start, we had a professional estimate and w...[full review]

Moved IL to OH
happy to received their service IL to OH

happy to received their service IL to OH   Great American van lines movers were really careful with loading our belongings on to their truck as well as unloading them upon delivery my husband and i were both very happy to have received service from these guys as there was no waiting involved and no damage to our t...[full review]

Moved NJ to FL
top - notch my move from NJ to FL

top - notch my move from NJ to FL   My move was excellent! I would definitely use Great American Van Lines again and will recommend to my friends; next time I may even add the option of packing my belongings. The movers were very polite, professional, and nice. They showed up on time and showed respect for my property and bel...[full review]

Moved GA to NY
Pleasurable Move GA to NY

Pleasurable Move   I was moving north to the big city to start in a new firm. They were paying for the relocation, so I thought to make things easier for myself, and have the movers pack all of my things, too. The firm recommended Great American Van Lines to me, as a company they used often, so I went with them, s...[full review]

Moved NJ to MI
5 stars not enough for the

5 stars not enough for the   Just moved from NJ to MI... For the price the service was amazing. After long search, I used Great American Van Lines for my recent move from NJ to MI. The company was outstanding. They offered a well explained reasonable price with a fantastic customer service. The movers were experie...[full review]

My excellent experience

I moved from New Jersey to Illinois. The pick up was on time it took them three hours to pack and load my entire house. They promised me up to ten day delivery an ft hey delivered everything in only 5 days. The staff were all respectful an friendly. The price was great. I will recommend Great American Van Lines to anyone![full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Great American Van Lines - a professional mover located in Jersey City, NJ 07304. Discover Jersey City, New Jersey moving companies.