Low Cost Moving

States of operation: California, New Jersey, Arizona, New York, Colorado, Connecticut, Alabama, Indiana, Louisiana, Illinois, Washington, Nebraska, Ohio, Georgia, Nevada, Virginia, Florida, Iowa, Minnesota, Washington DC, Delaware, Kansas, Maryland

Write moving reviewWrite a review on Low Cost Moving.

Low Cost Moving must be registered with the California Public Utilities Commission and must posses a valid CAL-T number in order to operate within the state. Movers must also be registered with the FMCSA to perform interstate moves.

ICC MC number: 740610Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 2125603US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share Low Cost Moving to Facebook Share Low Cost Moving to Twitter

Low Cost Moving reviews and ratings online. Read authentic testimonials, consumer reports and complaints. Low Cost Moving is also called as Reliable Low Cost Moving.

Toll free number: (888) 872-0792
Phones: (888) 811-0072
Address: 18375 Ventura Blvd. 754, Tarzana, CA 91356, USA
Email: info@mylowcostmoving.com
Website: www.mylowcostmoving.com

Total 73 Low Cost Moving Reviews

Moved CA to PA
Fraudulent Company

My expensive furniture had chunks missing. Every peice of furniture had multiple scratches on them. My things were mixed up with another customers. Boxes were lost. The delivery driver was rude and condescending. He literally picked two guys up off the streets to unload my things. They do not return emails or return phone cal...[full review]

Low cost movers Tarzana

Absolute worst of the worst. Dishonest, unprofessional extremely rude. We moved our stuff from California to Atlanta with them at the delivery they charged us 500 dollars more at the last minute. Most of my furniture was completely destroyed. All the picture frames were broken a few items were missing not a single dish came o...[full review]

Moved IL to TX
Poor, Unprofessional, Unreliable, Poor Customer Service

UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY!!!!!! This is the first Woman I spoke with.Nikki PrescottSales ManagerLOW COST MOVING1-888-598-6562 Ext. 972-752-7830Main office 888-811-0072nikki@mylowcostmoving.com MARIA IS THE ASSOCIATE WHOM HANDLED ME INCORRECTLY!  Very unprofessional After money received. This company is a Fraud. They don't have a...[full review]

Moved FL to IL
Great Move!

I was looking online for so long for movers around florida miami and i finally found low cost moving. from the first call with ben the salesman gave me a free quote with a good price, a bit high but that was worth it! the pickup was on time and the delivery was quick like they said. all of my stuff was in storage for all most...[full review]

Moved IA to FL
Perfect Moving!

I have used plenty of movers in the past, and by far these guys were the best I've seen. Their experience was evident from the start. You can tell they take their profession seriously. Not a single scratch on any of my furniture or to either of my houses. They had their own equipment including dollies, furniture blankets, too...[full review]

Moved IA to IL
Best Moving Company!

I highly recommend Low Cost Moving. I was a little worried about hiring a moving company after hearing all the horror stories about being overcharged and furniture being broken.  After talking with the owner he reinsured me that my furniture will be well taken care of and carefully wrapped to avoid any chipping or dings. To m...[full review]

Just Wow

I had just accepted a job offer that required I relocate from Pittsburgh to Minneapolis promptly so I was in the market for a long distance moving company. Low Cost Moving really came through for me, and made that intimidating experience into a pleasant one. Their fast and friendly movers took care of everything I needed,...[full review]

Moved IL to OR
Rip Off

I had to fire them when they showed up.  Everything seemed ok when I originally contacted them.  Daniel was a nice person and assured me there would not be any additonal charges.  I had told them that there was a service elevator in my apartment building and he said there would not be any additional charges then. When the mo...[full review]

I always recommend

I was looking for a moving company to meet my needs and take the care and time that I would with my belongings. Low Cost Moving provided friendly and professional movers that worked quickly. A big advantage with using Low Cost Moving was I was able to have 30 days of storage for my household items. I did not have to worry a...[full review]

Very Professional

Used Low Cost Moving to move us to Chicago from Mississippi. This move was for business, and we had no idea how difficult it would be. Low Cost Moving took all the stress out of the move, they were professionals the entire trip. All of our possessions arrived in time and in one piece. I don’t really want to relocate ever...[full review]

Moved IL to WA
Very Impressed

I am very impressed with low cost moving from start to finish. Before making contract I spoke with Dan over phone. He was very informative and supportive to describe everything. Throughout the move he kept us informed the update. Their rate was pretty much comfortable for me to bear. I observed the guys who came to pack our b...[full review]

Moved GA to ID
Please read. Very honest review.

I will make this quick and simple.  Please know that what I write below is totally honest and truthful.  No exaggerations.  No embellishments. 1)  They stole 5 ounces of our gold that was in a strong, reinforced bag.  Its really our fault, as we forgot to remove the bag, but we all know where that bag was located, and when I ...[full review]

Fast Move

After a last minute job transfer, I panicked because I did not own a truck to move my furniture. With only one week until the move I didn't even bother to borrow a friend's truck. I had no time to waste so I looked in the phone book and found a local and nationwide full service company that happened to be based in the sam...[full review]

Moved IL to CO
Don't hire lcm

I will never use this company again. Very poor customer service, handling of goods and etched. Items were damaged or stolen. I do not recommend this company to anyone. If you want your items to be forever damaged or gone then go ahead but it was the worst moving experience I have ever gone through.[full review]

Moved IL to CO
Worst Experiance ever

DO NOT use this company! My husband is a military member, some of his things were stolen as well as some of our 5 MONTH OLD DAUGHTERS THINGS were stolen. Who steals from a child?!? The majority of our things were damaged also. The child that answers the phones is so unprofessional, they don't communicate whatsoever and they a...[full review]

Moved CA to IL
San Diego > Chicago = 30 days!!

Aug/Sept 2013. Got sold by Alan Lefort @ All State Van Line Relocation, Inc. Sounded great. San Diego to Chicago for $4,300. Inventoried twice, he called twice to check in. Comfortable start.   Complete and utter disaster from there with lies, deceit, and awful communication until we got our stuff 30 days later.    Jennifer...[full review]

Moved VA to TX
Moving Company

DO NOT USE! They give you a quote over the phone, then show up and claim it is double the weight, so double the cost. They evern weigh it for you and falsify the weigh tickets. We insisted on a reweigh, which proved they tried to over charge us by 8,500 lbs, so about $7500. We asked if they put rocks in the truck, which the d...[full review]

Moved CA to NY
Prefect and Professinal Movers !

This moving company is the best moving company in Los Angeles, CA. I actually had to move all of the stuff from my 3 bedroom house from Los Angeles to the east coast, and the company was a pleasure to work with.  Upon hiring them they came to my location and picked up all of my belongings and placing them neatly inside t...[full review]

Moved CA to ID
Professinal Movers !!

My husband and I have moved 5 times within the last 11 years. I hate moving, the stress, the packing, and the mess is rather difficult to cope with at times. How can this be prevented, so the transition can go smoothly, with less stress? How do you know you can trust them? How do you find a reliable, professional company?...[full review]

Moved within CA
I will certainly be using them again.

This is the second time I've used their services, and both of my experiences with them were great. The first move was almost 5 years ago, and they were just as good as they were when I used them the first time. The movers were on time, and didn't waste any time getting down to business. I had a large 2 bedroom apartment t...[full review]

Moved CA to NC
Avoid at all costs

In writing this review, I will attempt to not sound too hyperbolic, but it may prove difficult. This was actually one of the most stressful experiences of my life. I have moved cross country before, but my interaction with this moving company was so horrible, it made the whole ordeal exponentially more difficult. To begin wit...[full review]

Moved NV to TX
Lied about having an A rating w/BBB

Low Cost Moving claimed to be A rated by the BBB but after research, it is clear they are not. They arrived a day late to pick up my things.  Their estimate doubled ($1150 to $2260) upon arrival.  They threatened to leave if I didn't pay them the increased amount at the time of pickup (I was starting a new job and needed to ...[full review]

Moved AZ to MS
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Please do not make the huge mistake I did and use this moving company. Of course like every other review they quoted one price and it ended up being another. Thats not a issue for me really and was expected. What was very weird is the estimate was for 1500lbs. I had nothing heavier than a futon matress, so I was for sure unde...[full review]

Moved CA to WI
DO NOT USE LOW COST MOVING!

AVOID LOW COST MOVING - THEY DO NOT DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES! I WISH I HAD READ THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I SELECTED LOW COST MOVING FOR MY MOVE! My son moved to Wisconsin for medical school. We were on a tight schedule because he could not move into his apartment until August 15, but his orientation started on August 12, so he ...[full review]

Moved CA to TX
Stay away from Low Cost Moving

My $1671 move, per contract, turned out to $2800 move even though I gave them accurate list of my items with dimensions. They moved my pickup date not once but twice. Only after I told them about my flight tickets, they arranged for the pickup on the second day. The pickup guy arrived at 11pm in the night even though the sche...[full review]

Moved CA to TX
HORRIBLE COMPANY

I hired Low Cost Moving to make a move from Ca to TX. It was an absolute nightmare I hope NO ONE ELSE ever has to go thru. It started from my quote of $1925 that increased to $5100.00 if I wanted our stuff moved. The items were not suppose to be delivered until our family members apt was ready on 8/17. I recd a call on 8/9 t...[full review]

Moved NY to TX
A real nightmare!

First, the actual guys that moved and delivered my stuff were fine.  They can't be blamed for the incompetance of the people in charge.   On the other hand, this company has to be one of the worst, if not the very worst.  I made a request with 3 followup calls and emails to make sure the pickup could be completed before noon ...[full review]

Moved CA to CO
Do not be Fooled

This company is a complete nightmare from all levels of employees up to management.  They are scam artists who are rude and unethical.  They have broken every law of proper business management. They trick you with that whole thing that if you live outside 50 miles then you have to waive the home estimation.  The are not one t...[full review]

Moved CA to CO
WHERE IS MY STUFF?

This company is so unreliable when it comes to communication. You ask them when your stuff is coming and they say they do not have a schedule for your delivery or they will call you when some window opens up! Well where is the window your talking about then. You email them in 2-4 weeks before your desired delivery and then th...[full review]

Moved CA to NE
Horrible company!!

In my 63 years on this earth I have never encountered such a dishonest, rude, and disrepectful organization.  Don't be fooled by  their pleasant manner and promises if you should make the mistake of speaking with them about a move.  All of that disappears as soon as they have your belongings!  We received a one-hour notice th...[full review]

Moved GA to NJ
Packing and Moving to NJ

We were scheduled to move on Sun July 27th. Mover rescheduled on Friday July 25th for Mon July 29th. Was given a time window of 12 to 3 and then set back from 4 to 6 and at 6.15 PM they told us they could not do it. The mover knew my husband was going to be out of town on Tues July 30th and that I had an all day meeting on Ju...[full review]

Fast mover

Hired them based on a friend's recommendation. Communication was a bit difficult since I didn't have a good signal, so the conversation got drop a few times. But we managed to schedule the appointment for the pickup time. They came earlier than the scheduled time, which was great. They moved all of the stuff from the apartmen...[full review]

Moved AZ to NY
Suggest Finding An Alternative Company

I must say that I had a great sales experience with Ben - nice guy who addressed all of my concerns - and I felt confident that this would be the best company for us to select even though they were not the least expensive. My husband and I currently live on the east coast and had a small storage unit that we needed to move ac...[full review]

Worst MOVE EVER

I have had several moves military and civilian, and this by far was the worst move ever. I told David exactly what I had in my apartment, and was given a quote, when movers showed up they started wrapping up items that were already wrapped, and taking items apart, all (which added to a higher price) After negotiations over ph...[full review]

Moved CA to NJ
They did really good service for us

We hired these movers 3 weeks ago to help us move our goods and car from CA to NJ. After talking to Sandy, we got a good price quote and very accurate estimate. The entire move was smooth and done in a professional manner. We would like to recommend this moving company to everyone, because we are very happy with the outcom...[full review]

Moved CA to GA
I am OK with their service, thank you

Well, they did good job with handling my move and I am OK with their service. Why only OK? Mostly because they did not offer more discount, however everything was smooth and professional. Thank you, specially the sales agent Dorothy for all her help and hard work. The movers were great too, thank you[full review]

Moved CA to NC
BAD NEWS!

These people are scammers , the sales person is a lier they stole items from me and damaged my stuff and they will not replace myt items they ruined ! these people dont care about nothing all they want is to rip people off for the move stay clear of this company , they were over 45 days to get my items to me and would not ret...[full review]

Company response to Boby 's review:
After looking over at your BAD review I did a research to find out what went wrong....and we could not find you in our system . was there any other name on the contract with us ? our company is not royal relocation ! also we dont have angie in our company ! are you sure you have moved with LOW COST MOVING ?

Moved AZ to FL
I had truly great experience with this company

Before i write my review about this company, I want to say that I was very scared of giving my whole life to the hands of other people. I am an art collector, and I have many beautiful art work that if it would get damage, I think I would simply die. So here is my experience: from the start they assured me that everything wil...[full review]

Moved CA to NV
It was a good service, we also like the price for this service

We hired them on April 9th, 2012. They showed up on time, packed and load our stuff and told us not too worry about anything, because they are going to deliver our goods on time to our new house in Las Vegas within a week. And they did! During that week, they kept us well informed about the whole process, and they delivered o...[full review]

Moved CA to GA
Thefts and lack of accountability

This co. stole our property after quoting us one price and chargin us another. We had our itmes stored but they disappeared they baited and switched so many times we got dizzy after they had our things. Thier "insurance" co. is just as bad as they are!! They didn't communicate & refused to account for our items and acussed us...[full review]

Review with attached files

Moved AZ to LA
Late delivery, but great service and price!

We decided to move because of my husband work, and we wanted to find a trusted moving company. My friend told us about these guys, and we contacted them to get a price quote and all the information. It seemed right so we hired them. Even though the delivery of our goods was with 4 days delay, the service was really good, and ...[full review]

STAY AWAY

This company is a rip off and stay clear.  My mother-in-law hired this company and the original qoute was $1300.  They went and picked up the stuff and bumped the price to $2800.  We agrued with the price and they stated, well you can get your stuff from us and have another company move it for you if you pay us $800 .  We arg...[full review]

Moved IN to TX
WARNING---keep away from this company!

I do wish I read those reviews before I used this company. Our experience is horrible.  I chose them because they are the first one contacted me after I submit quote request online. The starting quote price is very resonalbe , about $1,500, for 2079 lbs (297 cf.). They sent me contract and I read it word by word, however, th...[full review]

Moved IL to FL
horrible

They Told me my things will arrive on Dec27 and I got call on the 21 saying it will be here on the 22nd b at.8am I told them I didn't have a place to put the things ., the man told me that if the things went back I would have to pay the full amount to get my things back. My original price was 1,085 when I was told before t...[full review]

Moved CA to FL
poor service

For those of you looking for a moving company I strongly recommend NOT using Low Cost Moving Co. My story begins with my move from California to Florida in which I was a promised a 7-10 day delivery inspite of what the contract states.After the 15th day with absolutely nothing to sit or sleep on nor clothing to wear, I placed...[full review]

Moved CA to WA
WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

This comapny is HORRIBLE. If you care about your items do not ship with this company. Had so much broken, and they claim PBO if its Packed by owner they are not willing to do anything about it. We have been in shipping and to have items wrapped in 3 layers of bubble end up destroyed thats ridiculous. Also a bike was crushed a...[full review]

Review with attached files

Moved CA to IL
And one star is generous to say the least

Worst company and experience ever..... 1. the give you a quote that suckers you in but leave out all the additional fees that are tacked on i.e.; tape rolls, blanket wrapping, stairs, etc and I had less items then what I had told them initially  2. Movers picking up were 3hrs late however they were nice 3. I had them hold my ...[full review]

Moved CA to SC
LOW COST MOVING

THIS MOVE WAS A NIGHTMARE.  As a business professional I have moved many times.  This move was the absolute worse.  The driver had no clue as to what he was doing.  The "quote" came in low and then when they arrived at the house on moving day, they did a survey and OPPS...the price doubled!  I had NO FURNITURE.  It was all bo...[full review]

WARNING!!!

Please STAY AWAY from this company; not only they cheat and lie but they also STEAL from you! They told us they LOST our recliner, dvd player, and many other boxes..really? how do you lose a recliner????? nobody can account for them, and they charged us an arm and a leg to add more stress on us. If  you can move yourself. I k...[full review]

Moved LA to AR
SATISFIED WITH RELIABLE LOW COST MOVING

We are very satisfied with the company. We spoke with a few moving companies before we decided to go with Gps moving san diego Low moving services, they gave us the best costumer service and the best price from all others                                                                                                          ...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on Low Cost Moving - a professional mover located in Tarzana, CA 91356. Discover Tarzana, California moving companies.