North American Van Lines

States of operation: Indiana, California, Alabama, Texas, Illinois, Nevada, Utah, Massachusetts, Virginia, Colorado, Ohio, Missouri, Kentucky, Washington, Florida, Michigan, Maryland, Minnesota, Connecticut, Ontario, Georgia, North Dakota, South Carolina, Pennsylvania

Write moving reviewWrite a review on North American Van Lines.

Is this your business? Claim this profile

Click on the North American Van Lines license numbers for the government record information:

ICC MC number: 107012Interstate Commerce Commission Motor Carrier number
US D.O.T: 070851US Department of Transportation number

Share this company on Share North American Van Lines to Facebook Share North American Van Lines to Twitter

Read NorthAmerican Van Lines moving reviews. Real customer complaints and mover ratings of North American Van Lines. Read real ratings on one of the biggest moving companies in the United States - North American moving reviews online.

Toll free number: (866) 299-7793
Address: 5001 U S Highway 30, Fort Wayne, IN 46818, USA
Website: www.navl.com

Total 23 North American Van Lines Reviews

Moved MD to CA
Awful experience

Awful experience with this company. I used them to move from Baltimore to San Francisco.  They use local moving companies contracted with North American to pick up and drop your things off. The local company in Baltimore picked my things up on a Friday and then North American was supposed to pick it up from them on the coming...[full review]

Moved PA to CA
Don't use them for long distance

This is a continuation of my early grief with this company. The driver did not show up between 8&9 am as promised, after a call I was told we had to wait until the receiving agent in CA would be open to find out what happens to the driver. At 11 am I was told it would be 1 pm, that came and went. At 3:30 pm a local van from M...[full review]

Moved MN to AL
My belongings were soaked and moldy!!

I used North American to assist with my move. I wish I hadn't.   Most of my furniture arrived soaked and moldy. I had to throw out a lot of items due to water damage and mold/mildew: two bookshelves, dining room table, pieces of my bed, an entire desk, and a lot of my photos. And I had to have a lot of other items repaired ...[full review]

Moved ND to WA
Don't bother filing a claim--it will be denied

I spent many hours working on a claim for lost/broken/stolen household goods that were moved by Roger Ward North American Van Lines in Minot, ND, to our new residence in Nine Mile Falls, WA, in May 2012.  I submitted numerous forms, photos, etc., as I advanced through the various steps of the arbitration process all the ...[full review]

Moved GA to OH
Shameful, not caring company

Driver showed up with no help.  Driver showed up with a truck with not enough room for our goods.  They eventually sent another truck called the overflow truck.  Unbeknownst to us, they deliver this truck of goods whenever they happen to have a truck available, coming through the locations involved and with enough room.  Coul...[full review]

Moved ON to FL
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

BIGGEST MISTAKE I HAVE EVER MADE!!!! There were items damaged and missing when the truck arrived.  I submitted a claim over 7 weeks ago.  It is excruciating trying to get compensated for the damaged items.  I paid $9,000 for a full packing and unpacking service.  They did not do the unpacking - my husband and I did.  I am sti...[full review]

Moved CT to CA
The worst experience possible

North American was the worst company to choose for our move, and I wished I moved myself since I could have done a better job.  The entire experience from start to finish was miserable, and they could care less about you once they have your money!  If you want to avoid having a horrible move, read our story, and use anyone bu...[full review]

Moved MN to NH
Terrible Experience - Extremely Late Delivery

My experience with NAVL has been TERRIBLE. The movers that came to pack up my apartment in MN were great - on time and thorough. Unfortunately, that is the only positive feedback I have about NAVL. My delivery window was 7-14 days. When 10 days passed by and I hadn't heard anything about an ETA, I reached out to NAVL who in...[full review]

Moved MD to CA
Very bad experience

The movers damaged our walls and a chandelier. When we reported the damages, they would only cover the wall damages. They stated that we were making up the damage to the chandelier as we did not notice the damage until a few days after the move. Also, an expensice piece of furniture was completely cracked. They ignored my ema...[full review]

Moved FL to CA
North American VL cheated me with insurance

Friends, fair warning: North American Van Lines are THIEVES! After waiting patiently for 3 months on an insurance claim (we paid EXTRA for) we had claims for damaged furniture and several boxes that never made it worth nearly $1,500 of electronics (XBox, Kinect & games, Nespresso, etc), a briefcase I had just bought for my ne...[full review]

Moved KY to OH
Moving with North American Van Lines

My rights and responsibilities were never explained.  When I pointed out carpet damage that the movers caused, the supervisor stormed out and told the driver "I'm outta here, you deal with him". I purchased full replacement value with a zero decuctible.  However the movers refuse to accept any liability for damage to woodwork...[full review]

Moved OH to VT
Shipment Issues

Shipper informed of addl load and delivery delay AFTER everything was packed. Shipper "padded" invetory by 8 boxes, but didn't deduct from total, even after discussing. Items weren't packed correctly and fatally broken (guitar), antique items were tossed about, dressers were delivered face to wall, broken objects were hidden ...[full review]

Moved MO to SC
Poor communication

I contacted the local company for north American vanlines in march 2012 for a move july 30 2012. The moving coordinator" Roy Peterson visited my home. He told me how wonderful navl was as a company and how wonderful he was as a moving specialist. He said he had been in the business for over 30 years.  I believed and trusted h...[full review]

Moved OH to MT
Deliberate delays for small loads with no financial compensation

Here are the following complaints which I expressed to the moving company in my delay of claim form. They denied my claim because I was a small load.   1) I was told that my belongings would be delivered between June 26th and July 7th. My belongings did not arrive until July 17th, 10 days late, which is entirely unacceptable....[full review]

Moved CO to TN
actual customer

terrible company. they lie to you about rates, the day and time that they will deliver your belongings.  they scratched the vast majority of our belongings.  there were no moving blankets on the majority of the items.  i will never use them again.  i certainly recommend that no one use them![full review]

Moved VA to SC
Incompetent or dishonest estimators and movers

Estimated one amount to get the business with low load weight and box count. They then attempted to charge 33% more once they had my stuff in their possession. Do not use - they will hold your household possessions hostage after lowballing the quote.As a side warning - the packing help is painful. Having moved a 3 bedroom hou...[full review]

Moved MA to FL
17 DAY DELIVERY

Movers in boston were great but salesman lied about us having empty truck. The truck had half a load already on it and they couldnt fit all our stuff. We didnt receive our stuff for 17 days. When stuff was delivered it was damaged which they dont want to pay for eventhough we took out the most expensive insurance. I cant beli...[full review]

Moved NV to TX
Good Job

Capital Movers the Las Vegas North American Van Line company was a pleasure to deal with. Donna the saleswoman was a very helpful and kept in contact with me the whole way. The packing guys and driver showed up at the same time, dispatcher error, which worked out good for me. The extra guys had my place packed and loaded in l...[full review]

Moved TX to AZ
Not Good

Had used North American Van Lines before. Was in a hurry and didn't want to wait for a few quotes etc. Getting the pick up was difficult. Had to call them several times to keep them headed in the right direction. The day of the pick up they didn't show, next day they were several hours late, they totaly screwed up my tight sc...[full review]

Moved IL to FL
North American van Lines

NAVL arrived late and brought a truck that was way too small. Did not bring packing materials. 2nd day another truck- again too small. Didnt put mattresses in cartons. Late to deliver at destination Some of the items unloaded weren't ours Several Missing and damaged items Customer service people were incompetant Find...[full review]

Moved TX to FL
Stay Away, Stay far far away

I'll warn you now. If you want to be lied to and wait for 2 entire weeks for your property if you are moving 650 miles, then, by all means, use Ward North American. The crew that picked up our stuff was carefull in packing and loading. The shipment was due 10-11 at the latest. The estimated delivery date is now a full 7 d...[full review]

Moved AL to MD
Never use North American Van Lines for your move !

The North American Van lines moving company lacks of honesty, they do not have a good planning nor management of shipments, they postponed our delivery 4 times, we spent more than 20 days without our furniture, they are not professional in planning a shipment with the drivers, and they always say that they have shortage of dr...[full review]

Moved within CA
Horrible Experience

I hired Alex NW b/c it seemed that they would take care of my items, provided a detailed quote and no poor reviews online. Movers showed well over 1-1/2 hours late b/c 1 of 2 trucks we contracted for broke. Only 5 of 6 moving showed w/o explanation. Head mover came & said we only need 1 truck, which I was displeased. They ...[full review]

Community testimonials, ratings and consumer reports on North American Van Lines - a professional mover located in Fort Wayne, IN 46818. Discover Fort Wayne, Indiana moving companies.