Rating: , Posted by Mohanraj Rajalingam on Jul 15, 2012
Have moved from CT to FL 2 weeks back, have used Amazon relocation for shipping my item. have faced lot of issues and paid more money in addition to the billed amount ($1445.50) and item delivery was delayed by 6 days
Complaints: 1) Talking in native language during pick up
2) Dirty blanket to wrap items
3) As per the agreement 2 wardrobe box and 5 book box was free, but they used 1 wardrobe box and 1 book box and they charged $10 for that book box (it was not even necessary to use the boxes), but they never listened and filled the wardrobe box with sofa cushion which was unnecessary.
4) They wanted to use additional boxes too , but when we said it was not necessary they mishandled the items.
5) Initially during the quote till i book my order Jacob (Amazon relocation representative) agreed for whatever we have discussed like total cubic feet ,the items should be delivered on 06/30 etc. But i'm unhappy with the way Jacob spoke to me in phone during the time of the pickup and delivery. he used the words like "if you want you can take your items back"this is not the way to talk to customer after the item was loaded into a truck.
6) have called Jacob many times on 06/30 for the delivery but he said it will take more than 4 days after the committed delivery date which adverently increased my expenditure.
7) Amazon driver (Amit) called me on 07/05 and he commanded me to go to U-haul store and book a truck in my name for delivery. he said if i doesn't do it he wont deliver it on 07/04 and it will take one month to deliver my goods.
8) Since i haven't had a car i booked a cab from my apt and went to U-Haul store which cost me $40.After i returned my truck around 01:00 AM , have booked a CAB for return from U-Haul to my house which cost me $50.
9) Amit told me that he will come to U-Haul by 6 PM but he came only by 8.30 PM. he made me to wait alone in front of the store for more than two hours.
10) while waiting i called him to check where he was coming at some extent he used abusive language.
11) after they loaded the truck in U-haul warehouse they have asked me to drive that U-Haul truck from the warehouse to my house , inspite of paying amount have to do their work as well which is totally unacceptable.
12) he didn't have GPS and i'm new to Florida. when i told this he started yelling me at night, i dont know how to react and was afraid my life was in danger as i was alone didnt say anything drove using i-phone. Missed the exit twice and after 45 mins have reached home.
13) After we reached home at 11:30 PM , they demanded $150 and they will not move an inch unless we pay the amount immediately. this is not the way to behave with a customer at the lately hour.
14) After we paid they started moving things which he initially said not possible to get things into the house. it strange how money works in Amazon relocation !!!
15) While moving the things Amazon workers used abusive language at me. when i asked about this he said he was talking to his counterpart but at that time his counterpart was in 1st floor. wondering how murmur reach 1st floor i'm sure that he was yelling at me. Totally unbelievable behavior towards a customer.
16) All the items were dirty and smelly , it was biggest mistake in choosing Amazon relocation for moving my items.
17) After delivered the items , have called Amit and asked him to pay for U-Haul , but he said "this is what we do for customer. ENJOY , you can do whatever you want"
18) Again i called Jacob , he doesn't want to listen, he said he will talk to driver after couple of days and update me. But i never hear back from him till now.
19) First of all things should not be delivered at late night which is inconvenient for any customer 01:00 AM delivery time is totally unearthly and not acceptable.
20) Amazon driver (Amit) didn't gave me insurance paper. when i asked him around 01:00 AM he shouted and left the U-haul warehouse.
21) By choosing Amazon relocation, loss of time , money , more headaches, put my life in danger in addition to this lost of peace of mind. they have given me more tension , pressure. i want no one to face this issues in their life especially with this mover. i will not suggest this mover to any of my friends.
Damage and Overpaid:
1) Table top was torned and it was very dirty - (Claim amount : $50)
2) Suitcase handle and wheel was broken (Claim amount : $25)
3) It was new trash can and it has been cracked in many places at the bottom and scratched all over. (Claim amount : $25)
4) our items was only less than 300 cubic feet we have measured it personally. but amazon relocation folks loaded items in truck in such a way to increase the cubic feet to 450 and they didn't allow us to look into the truck when they were loading. After they loaded they blocked everything with a bed and we didn't know how things were arranged. due to which we paid additional $448.50 (Claim amount : $448.50).
5) Have already all my items in a well covered boxes and taped it as well. but they unnecessarily used their packing items and they charged me $25 (Claim amount : $25).
6) All my original boxes (TV box, Vacuum box,Bed stand box , dora cooking set box & car seat box) were damaged during delivery. (Claim amount : $20).
7) Since i haven't had a car i booked a cab from my apt and went to U-Haul store which cost me $90 (to and fro)
8) They asked me to book a U-haul truck to get the items from their warehouse to my home for which i paid $94.83.As per the agreement Amazon relocation should deliver the items to my home and so they should paid this cost (Claim amount : $94.83)
9) As per the agreement Amazon reloaction was supposed to deliver in 3rd floor for which i have already paid $75. But during delivery they demanded to pay additional $150 and they threatened me that if i dont pay the amount they leave the items as is. note that it was 11:30 PM night and i dont have any option other than to pay and also they didnt gave the receipt for that. (Claim amount : $150)
i don't want anyone to face the issues. i wont suggest this to anyone. Amazon relocation is the worst shipping company. please read the review throughly before go for shipping.
Beware of Amazon relocations.
Quote or Order ID: 1148752
Movers Cost: 1445.50 USD
Origin pickup Country: USA
Origin pickup State: Connecticut
See all Connecticut movers
Picked up: On time
Destination drop off Country: USA
Destination drop off State: Florida
See all movers in Florida
Primary contact person (Salesman): Jacob
Secondary contact person:
Dirty Items: Yes
Stolen Items: No
Damaged Items: Yes
Ask Mohanraj Rajalingam about the moving services of Amazon Relocation. Mohanraj Rajalingam is a customer of the business and is willing to be used as a reference. Please use this form to contact this customer for reference purposes only.
Are you a moving company representative? You want to respond to customers' reviews?
Get a free company account to post review responses today. It's free!