Rating: , Posted by Mr. Pagaduan on Nov 15, 2011
Moving with “USA Relocation Moving and Storage” was the WORST experience I've ever had. This is by far the worst moving company. It appears that there are many similar bad reviews and I’m definitely not the first person who they ripped off.
1. The estimate was less than half of what they claimed was the final cost.
2. They asked for gratuity even before they started loading the truck.
3. They did not provide a "Not to Exceed Cost" prior to the move. They filled in the “Not to Exceed” form after they already weighed my items and had possession of all my items). This is a clear violation of the rules. These rules were established to protect the consumers.
4. They charged me based on weight. They told me I had to witness the weighing of the truck. When I approached the truck weight scales they immediately got in the truck and drove off the scales. They told me the weight of my items was over 2x the estimate. I made several requests to see the weight certificates (which they claim they have) and they never provided it. I believe they gave me a fake weight.
5. After unloading my items, they took my ladder and have not returned it.
6. They bullied my wife into writing a comment about the moving experience. They told her that they won’t leave until she wrote a comment. In fear that they may read the comment, she was unable to write an honest comment and put a dishonest comment (so they can leave).
6. The California Public Utilities commission informed me that their moving authority was suspended during the time of my move (they were not even supposed to advertise, provide quotes, or provide moving services).
7. I finally had a chance to read the Moving Handbook where I learned about the rules the Moving companies must follow. I emailed the Moving Company and let them know that I was going to file a complaint with the PUC. I immediately got a call from the Moving Company Supervisor and he was very unprofessional and proceeded to get tempered, yelling on the phone telling me that I was wrong. I made several requests for his contact information so I can include this in my Complaint forms but I never got his contact information.
I filed complaints with the CPUC (California Public Utilities Commission), the PUC (Public Utilities Commission), and BBB (Better Business Bureau). The CPUC and PUC have acknowledged that these are clear violations and they have assigned a Field Investigator. I will also file a Small Claims case to get my money back.
It looks like “USA Relocation Moving and Storage” somehow got reinstated and got their Moving Authority back. But hopefully after my Complaints to the CPUC, PUC, and BBB they will lose their Moving Authority permanently so they can’t rip off anymore customers. I will continue to write more reviews on all search websites, in an effort to save other customers from this terrible experience.
Quote or Order ID:
Movers Cost: 3572.00 USD
Origin pickup Country: USA
Origin pickup State: California
See all California movers
Picked up: On time
Destination drop off Country: USA
Destination drop off State: California
See all movers in California
Delivery: On time
Primary contact person (Salesman):
Secondary contact person:
Dirty Items: No
Stolen Items: No
Damaged Items: No
Ask Mr. Pagaduan about the moving services of USA Relocation Inc. Mr. Pagaduan is a customer of the business and is willing to be used as a reference. Please use this form to contact this customer for reference purposes only.
Are you a moving company representative? You want to respond to customers' reviews?
Get a free company account to post review responses today. It's free!